Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Divinity: Original Sin Pre-Release Thread

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow, I just got Dragon Commander for free as a $95 level backer.
No I didn't . :( It's "more than $95". Oh well.

Yes, you do :

rewards_Matrix_Digital_big.jpg

95$ is : 2x Original Sin + Dragon Commander + Beta Access and assorted goodies...

Oh fuck, upgrading now... I'm gonna be so broke... (i hope the euro is going up against the dorrah.)

Further confirmation :

New Pledge Summary

Amount pledged

$95.00
Reward

ALL DIGITAL TIER ============================= NOTE: All tiers above $95 now include Dragon Commander! ============================= Divinity Dragon Commander Digital Copy ============================= Two games, two times the fun! You'll recieve a code for Dragon Commander as soon as it is released (ETA July 2013). You won't have to wait for your Divinity Fix with this package! Dragon Commander Digital Edition will be DRM-free, and will be localized in English, French, German, Polish and Russian. The game will initially be available for Windows. As Mac and Linux versions, and other languages, become available they will be free to owners of PC copies (digitally). Digital copies will have to be downloaded via your preferred digital retailer such as Steam or GOG.com if available. This low price is only available to those who help fund. ============================= Divinity: Original Sin Beta Access ============================= You get early access to the game! You'll be invited to play (and toy around with) the beta version of the game which will be made available through digital download. ============================= This also includes: 2 Kickstarter Potions + Zandalor's Trunks of Epic Intelligence + Message in the Woods + Divinity Original Sin Digital Duo Pack (2 Digital Copies) + Soundtrack Digital Download + Developer's Cut Digital (Developer's Documents and Documentary) + Credited as a Backer, Dragon Tier + A Kickstarter Backer Forum Badge On Larian.com Dragon Tier

Breydel

Literate
Saying "above $95" is misleading because according to that chart you actually have to pledge at the $150 level to qualify for free Dragon Commander. Sounds like they're just trying to get people to increase their pledges so they're not really losing much; there are only a couple hundred people that qualify at this point.

What do you mean? According to the chart (http://www.larian.com/kickstarter/rewards_Matrix_Digital_big.jpg) DC is included for every digital tier over $65.

Edit: beaten, see above

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You get Dragon Commander at $95 digital tier level, but not $95 physical one (which is what I've chosen through PayPal). You need $150 physical level to get DC too.
Curiously, you get a forum "dragon badge" at $95 physical tier, and it's also mentioned as the "above $95". :M

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Whoa that's awesome. I pledged 95$ through paypal. Beta access bitches :bounce:

Wait......

:rage:

ForkTong

Larian Studios
Developer
We chose for physical that it has to be above $95 because of the cost of production of those boxes.

tadhg

Educated
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I went ahead and added 20 dollars to my pledge to get the Divinity Anthology since my discs for DivDiv are long missing and I've never played DKS.

clemens

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2014 Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
You get Dragon Commander at $95 digital tier level, but not $95 physical one (which is what I've chosen through PayPal). You need $150 physical level to get DC too.
Curiously, you get a forum "dragon badge" at $95 physical tier, and it's also mentioned as the "above $95". :M

Oh, right.

But who needs a box when you get two digital games and beta access ? Plus, boxes are expensive to make and ship = less money for Larian bros... ;)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Seriously, every time I visit their KS page, my heart breaks. Seeing that the funds only increase in a crawling speed is just not fair. They are real BROs, making a very promising cRPG, and they are in the finish line of development. And they getting money at a slow pace. Fuck this world.

Lancehead

Liturgist
One of the problems I think is that they don't (and can't) really have an equivalent Ziets or MCA stretch goal. Because at this stage it's probably not very useful for the game to bring someone famous on-board.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
But who needs a box when you get two digital games and beta access ? Plus, boxes are expensive to make and ship = less money for Larian bros... ;)
I'm an old-school guy and I only have around $120 to spend per month, so if I pay $95 for a game (and I usually don't) it better come in a nice box that will look cool standing on a shelf. ;)

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm an old-school guy and I only have around $120 to spend per month, so if I pay $95 for a game (and I usually don't) it better come in a nice box that will look cool standing on a shelf. ;)
You're not actually playing for the game though, that's just an incentive.

This should be obligatory by now:

Am I the only one not liking this song? To me it sounds more like the theme song of the next Lion King movie -well to me it sounds like they are actually singing "Lion Kiiiiiiiiiiiing from 0:26-0:41- than something I'd associate with a more or less serious RPG, it's too goofy for my taste.

Anyway: won't pledge, might buy. Looks like they'll make 650K, which isn't too bad.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
You're not actually playing for the game though, that's just an incentive.
Ok, let me rephrase that: I wouldn't pay $95 for digital goods alone, it just does not click for me.

EDIT:

Am I the only one not liking this song? To me it sounds more like the theme song of the next Lion King movie -well to me it sounds like they are actually singing "Lion Kiiiiiiiiiiiing from 0:26-0:41- than something I'd associate with a more or less serious RPG, it's too goofy for my taste.

Why so serious?

evdk

Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ok, let me rephrase that: I wouldn't pay $95 for digital goods alone, it just does not click for me.
That's still not how Kickstarter should work (you are not paying for anything strictly speaking, you are financing development) but I understand where you are coming from. At the end of the day that the money keeps flowing in is what's important. I tip my ushanka to you, comrade.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Do paypal pledgers get confirmation of their money sent? Well, let me rephrase that. I know it was sent. I'm just... anxious...

Gord

Arcane

Anyway: won't pledge, might buy. Looks like they'll make 650K, which isn't too bad.

Well, it was supposed to be an answer to that song:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
evdk
I'm giving money and receiving something in return = paying.
But, You're right. With KS it actually is giving money and hoping to receive something in return = gambling/investing.
Larian however already has a product in existence, and the KS money only goes to improving it, so the gamble/investment risk is pretty low. Therefore I lean towards "paying". :)

As for the difference between $95 digitial and physical tier. Dragon Commander and D:OS beta access are of less worth to me than a cool box, a printed manual, a printed artbook and a cloth map. I would prefer to go for $150 physical tier (which incidentally would give me Dragon Commander and beta access, along with alpha access), but I won't be able to afford it.

From Larian's perspective, they are getting less from me at $95 physical tier, than they would if I've chosen the $95 digital one, true... but do they really? I am still going to buy Dragon Commander separately, so all in all, they get my money. ;)

Do paypal pledgers get confirmation of their money sent? Well, let me rephrase that. I know it was sent. I'm just... anxious...
I only got confirmation from PayPal.

evdk

Patron
From Larian's perspective, they are getting less from me at $95 physical tier, than they would if I've chosen the $95 digital one, true... but do they really? I am still going to buy Dragon Commander separately, so all in all, they get my money. ;)
OTOH PayPal takes I think lesser cut then than the KS+Amazon combo.

evdk

Patron
Yes. KS/Amazon take 10% total (5% each). PayPal only take 3% IIRC.
This is pretty much bullshit, btw. I understand they do it because they can get away with it, but it's normally a standard to lower these fees when dealing with larger amounts of money. To skim $200k off the top of the ToN KS each is daylight robbery.

Breydel

Literate
This is pretty much bullshit, btw. I understand they do it because they can get away with it, but it's normally a standard to lower these fees when dealing with larger amounts of money. To skim $200k off the top of the ToN KS each is daylight robbery.

The upside is that this means they have an incentive to make sure your KS is as successful as possible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom