Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters II, MA Edition

Standard Game or Disciple Game

• I want a standard game, let's not interact with the lepers

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Disciple game, hit me with those Disease checks

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Baron Tahn

Scholar
The brutal Jotun are the enemy of old! There is no more fitting enemy (except for the sly Vanir)! For glory! For honour! Truth, justice, freedom, reasonably priced love and a hard-boiled egg!!!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The brutal Jotun are the enemy of old! There is no more fitting enemy (except for the sly Vanir)! For glory! For honour! Truth, justice, freedom, reasonably priced love and a hard-boiled egg!!!
Anti elf racism? In my plane of reality?

Trash Player we could work together it seems!

Andnjord

Arcane
As fellow elves, the yellow helmets of YS offer their moderating influence and kind words to soothe everybody's spirits. Can't we all just get along?

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Nay! Give them to the warriors of Nidavangr! We will probably squander them on bad decisions and warm women but the sneaky Vanir need no aid!

Dayyālu

Arcane
I've managed to see the heroic attempts by Asph to repel the Nabaite incursion. I pretty much stopped playing Dom5 before Naba and their ilk were introduced so I'm not particularly schooled in their details.... but....

Holy fucking shit what the fucking fuck
oOTeFkd.jpeg

I love brown middle-Eastern djinn tiddies as the next man but holy fucking shit Illwinter what the fuck

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Balanced bro.

I hate Ubar and Na'Ba with passion. OP levels on par with mod nations. This is not the game I came to love...

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Balanced bro.

I hate Ubar and Na'Ba with passion. OP levels on par with mod nations. This is not the game I came to love...
They have poor attack and defence skills though, any decent thug or sacred with magic weapons will dumpster them, no?
To kil djinn you need magic weapons and true sight, if you can guarantee neighboring them and specialize in killing them it is very much doable. But this is a MP game and you can not build to kill a nation in particular unless you are playing a map with preset starts.

But this is all beside the point, the point being how obscenely overpowered those mages are as mages. Especially for that price. Na'Ba pays 475g for a recruit anywhere sacred mage with superhuman stats and 7 magic paths, for comparison Shinuyama pays 545g for sacred super old mage with 8 paths and that mage is the only good thing about the entire nation.

Plus no one else gets mages like that, most not even in EA.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Na'Ba pays 475g for a recruit anywhere sacred mage
Mod inspector shows them as costing 675g and being cap only, are you refering to how they were in Dom 5? But yeah, point taken about them being very strong and resilient mages either way.
No I meant the OTHER mage thats recruit anywhere.

And they also get two different research mages one of those is S1. Truly balanced.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I mean I downloaded and look at a lot of mods for Dom6 right now... most of them are not as powerful as Ubar or Na'Ba which is hilarious

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I mean I downloaded and look at a lot of mods for Dom6 right now... most of them are not as powerful as Ubar or Na'Ba which is hilarious
I am not a hater, I like well designed nations with plenty of summons and unique mechanics.

But EA Ermor languishes without anything and so do many other nations while we get this OP overdone shit. This is what irks me.

Johannes

Arcane
I don't mind NaBa. It's strong but not in a super annoying way, it just has good mages and good summons but nothing so out of the gate annoying like Ubar's jinn troops and Shaytan spam. You can eventually get mass Shaytan still, but only by breaking into blood first which isn't easy for the nation, you can't get there with a high tempo. Mostly you can still defeat them in the field, they have some stealth and cloud trapeze but no single element is that out of whack early.

EA Ermor is great, though less so now since sacreds riding plain old mr-5 horses are so vulnerable to many things. And their sweet Trinity Titan got more expensive.

Also I won't stand for slander of Uruk troops - Royal Guard really good, beating most human troops in melee and in survivability vs evos (really close in stats to the Colossi Infantry I use, actually). The rec-anywhere Warriors allow you to get critical mass early, and the sacreds are serviceable too.

What all these nations have though, is foreign-rec mages. I think that's really useful now since forts now are so damn slow to get going.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Lol didn't know the random nation I picked could cause so much butthurt. Should have just told me to take something else, I really don't care for whom to play.:M

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Lol didn't know the random nation I picked could cause so much butthurt. Should have just told me to take something else, I really don't care for whom to play.:M
For me its a general discussion not related to any Codex games. A general stance on design of some nations.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've managed to see the heroic attempts by Asph to repel the Nabaite incursion. I pretty much stopped playing Dom5 before Naba and their ilk were introduced so I'm not particularly schooled in their details.... but....

Holy fucking shit what the fucking fuck
oOTeFkd.jpeg

I love brown middle-Eastern djinn tiddies as the next man but holy fucking shit Illwinter what the fuck
To be honest in case of those battles the result would be the same with any other nation with the same bless. Asph despite knowing enemies' bless organizes banzai charges of manikins against fire shields. Malikah was not present in the first battle and her contribution in the second is close to zero. :M

Trash Player

Augur
Well, gents, it seems Jotunheim will be the first one to bow out. A dogpile of Nidavangr, Caelum, Vanheim, and Ys. No hard feelings on my part, I have it coming with greedy plays and slacking diplomacy. Post mandatory elves meme, please.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom