Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Popot

Augur
How did so many Piconye mages die? That one must hurt a fair bit, no?
Several mages were placed on the first line together with the Piconye defenders and got hit by missiles. The pic I posted is too zoomed out to see them properly but if you squint a bit you should see some little guys in blue. Also the heavy infantry line collapsed during the battle exposing further mages and the crossbowmen.

Popot

Augur
I wanted to try recording a Dominions battle and I used this fight for testing. Quality is crap and I don't know why the video flashes black sometimes. Also the video will be deleted by the website in 2 days, I ain't in the mood for signing up.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Close one indeed. Those crossbowmen charging head first the undeads and the pretender could have ended a disaster to Piconye.

By the way, what would have happened if the Piconye troops had been slaughtered by the pretender ? Would they end routing too or since C'tis had already routed they would have stayed to the last ? Could C'tis have won despite routing ?

Andnjord

Arcane
By the way, what would have happened if the Piconye troops had been slaughtered by the pretender ? Would they end routing too or since C'tis had already routed they would have stayed to the last ? Could C'tis have won despite routing ?
Once an army suffers from an army rout the other side cannot anymore, but soldiers can still rout individually.

Andnjord

Arcane
Also, a few screens from a few turns ago showing the dramatic battle of Erytheia that sealed the fate of Utgard.

XGUPPP3.png

m4UEi6Q.png

ffqSVyl.png

tX9AlCG.png

A very close one, Utgard routed first but the berserkering Garmhirdings still had to be killed down to the last. I oh so wish Erytheia had reserched Body Ethereal before this battle, otherwise loses would probably have stayed acceptable. :negative:

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Well fought, lizards! Thanks for the grand, honourable battle. Will need to review what happened there once I'm at my machine.

Despite the rough body parity, I think I did bring much more gold to the table. This victory would honestly be a Pyrrhic one, but with my scales I should recover relatively easily, while C'Tis is not doing too hot right now.

I find it amusing how the crosswielders alone killed more bodies than there initially was creatures in the lizard army. Warned you about the hoicy crossboe, bro.

Gotta love pixelmen smashes.
Yes finally glad to bring battle. My troops were too slow and too undead to fight a missile heavy army with solar weapons getting peltered just trying to reach the front line and then got all bunched up on the right side just getting massacred by arrows. And yes this is my end but I will fight on in the fortresses and raid while I can. Well fought little men and giant men cannot handle both!
Oh wow he had a solar weapon blessed crossbows? yeah you were fucked im surprised it went as well as for you as it did with that

Tanaka

Scholar
Close one indeed. Those crossbowmen charging head first the undeads and the pretender could have ended a disaster to Piconye.

Indeed once I had him down to crossbows out of ammo charging with daggers I thought I might have him but my Pretender ran out of steam and became exhausted raising just a few skeletons instead of hordes. Then it was just my Pretender who plowed through more of them but too outnumbered to last against solar weapon daggers...but even if I had prevailed I had no army left...

Tanaka

Scholar
I do have one question about the battle. How did his missile troops have so much more ammo than mine? Mine ran out much faster and his just kept firing almost the entire battle...

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How did so many Piconye mages die? That one must hurt a fair bit, no?
As I said - would've been a bit of a Pyrrhic victory in other situation. I have a fairly solid eco, though, so it's more of 2 turns of mage production for me - annoying but not catastrophic.

As for the losses - other than the reasons others mentioned, I also got a communion going that might've drained a few of the slaves. Frontline mages were supposed to do a bit more ele summoning, but I either messed up the script or gem distribution.

Indeed once I had him down to crossbows out of ammo charging with daggers I thought I might have him but my Pretender ran out of steam and became exhausted raising just a few skeletons instead of hordes. Then it was just my Pretender who plowed through more of them but too outnumbered to last against solar weapon daggers...but even if I had prevailed I had no army left...
HORNY
MIDGET
SHANKING

I do have one question about the battle. How did his missile troops have so much more ammo than mine? Mine ran out much faster and his just kept firing almost the entire battle...

Archers fire faster than crossbows, so those'd run out first. Otherwise all the crossbowmen involved should have about 12 shots, unless one group takes a break, or tires out. Also, if crossbowmen are set to hold and attack they'll rush into melee, but I don't think that's what happened here.

Tanaka

Scholar

Archers fire faster than crossbows, so those'd run out first. Otherwise all the crossbowmen involved should have about 12 shots, unless one group takes a break, or tires out. Also, if crossbowmen are set to hold and attack they'll rush into melee, but I don't think that's what happened here.
Ah yeah I my archers and slingers ran out first gotcha. My crossbows were set to fire but they also eventually ran out. Maybe the Piconye crossbows have more ammo?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Ha, my scout saw a battle. Let's check what other players have in their army.

cubes.jpg

Ok, not looking forward facing this one.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
The Illuminated Ones are more numerous and powerful than you think.
They will take action to react to this abject murder.
Like, doing meetings and stuff. With blood virgins. And beer.

Tanaka

Scholar
Ctis defeats the first assault on its capital by the giant men. Will they hold again tomorrow? And who will the little men giant men alliance target next?

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
When you're a sacred assassin trained since birth and able to dispatch the strongest knights but somehow you get murdered by a tavern drunk bashing your skull with his ale stein :

assout.gif

(damage rolls from the worm to the hochmeister : 19, from the commoner to the worm : 15)

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
THANK YOU ILLWINTER FOR YOUR GREAT AI FULL OF SURPRISES.
I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT MYSELF THAT BLOOD SAVES WOULD BE PRIORITY TARGETS FOR BODY ETHEREAL INSTEAD OF, IDK, HOLY KNIGHTS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom