Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Tanaka

Scholar
If anyone is interested in news Piconye and Phlegran armies are wandering into Ctis lands far away from the defense of their homelands...war was declared by both on me on the same turn and the armies are avoiding each other...is this a coordinated alliance?

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If anyone is interested in news Piconye and Phlegran armies are wandering into Ctis lands far away from the defense of their homelands...war was declared by both on the same turn and the armies are avoiding each other...is this a coordinated alliance?
Seething manlets and deformed mutants against our lizard overlords eh

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Bunch of Abysians became belligerent after being stopped by a patrol officer, they were ordered to drop their knives but they didn't comply.
20240915112909-2.jpg
Oof I took the risk, was trying to get back norhteast faster because this map sucks so bad there's just rivers blocking me in it would take 4 more turns to reach ulm

Tanaka

Scholar
Is Pyrene still with us or did I read going AI because rage quit? Honestly I don't see why as is one of the strongest nations?

Last edited:

Trash Player

Augur
Take this with a sea of salt, my inferred 5-cents: coldcrow lost some significant assets to TheDarkUrge's assassins due to a stall. Either they were not at open war or/and TheDarkUrge was not a contender anymore, coldcrow was frustrated by this perceived act of grieving.
Maybe someone or even the parties involved can elaborate more. I am fine with leaving this behind in silence, it is too late to find a sub anyway.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If anyone is interested in news Piconye and Phlegran armies are wandering into Ctis lands far away from the defense of their homelands...war was declared by both on the same turn and the armies are avoiding each other...is this a coordinated alliance?
Sorry bro, I just, uh, took a wrong turn while on my way to the pantry

Honest mistake

Tanaka

Scholar
Take this with a sea of salt, my inferred 5-cents: coldcrow lost some significant assets to TheDarkUrge's assassins due to a stall. Either they were not at open war or/and TheDarkUrge was not a contender anymore, coldcrow was frustrated by this perceived act of grieving.
Maybe someone or even the parties involved can elaborate more. I am fine with leaving this behind in silence, it is too late to find a sub anyway.
So yes Pyrene is AI now? I mean if we all rage quit because something happened we did not like (like being gang banged) there would be no opponents or game to play. That's Dominions and why the MP games rules say no quitting...

Dayyālu

Arcane
Is Pyrene still with us or did I read going AI because rage quit? Honestly I don't see why as is one of the strongest nations?

AI ragequit. Surprinsingly I could not salvage it because Illwinter decided that once you push the button you go AI and it's on the SERVER SIDE.

what a cucklet ahaha

Please, language. Dominions can cause strong responses, ragequitting can happen, even if it would be better to avoid it. Let's try to keep this.... gentlemanly.

So yes Pyrene is AI now? I mean if we all rage quit because something happened we did not like (like being gang banged) there would be no opponents or game to play. That's Dominions and why the MP games rules say no quitting...

I went AI in both games when the situation was beyond recovery (CodexII, being gangbanged by two far stronger enemies and losing all my armies and my Pretender) and in III I essentially got nuked by Pyrene and had nothing to defend me with. I could have PD dumped on the cap, but what's the fun in that? Some people argue that you should fight to the last, I tend to prefer to fight until you can reasonably hinder your opponent or still do something.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well I think you routed prematurely in both games due to a failed morale check... As we see in III could be a come back and in II you had a lot of fight left in you.

But then I always mention and remember my Hinnom game where I won from a 6 on 1 early gang bang that left me at worst 6 provinces and two unsieged forts, one being my capital.

Its definitely ass to lose slowly, it feels bad and unfun true. But it also yields the tastiest fruit of any victories achieved even if its not a game win.

Andnjord

Arcane
II you had a lot of fight left in you.
From what I could see I could honestly understand him. The turn he went AI he lost his pretender, Na’ba blitzed half of his territory, his last serious raiding party got annihilated and a spirited fort defence failed to cause any significant damage. All in one turn. And that was after having his mage corps eviscerated and losing hundred of gems in summons and gear in a rather large battle. All he really had left was to send small groups of Spire Horn Warriors and seraphs spamming air elementals, not a particularly fun position to be in.

Johannes really did cripple him from the looks of it.

Tanaka

Scholar
Well ok then. No one can get mad if I lose my army and pretender to the gangbang from Piconye and Phlegra and I rage quit haha...

If both Pyrene and Andromania were both still in the game they would still be having quite the effect on everything IMO...

Last edited:

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
I don't mind being on the receiving end of a gangbang. But assassinations out of spite or just because you can, not that they will help him in any to win, are really on the side of things I loathe. So I thought of spending the next turns to deal with sth. I strongly dislike and not being able to destroy the Dog Republic and set up a perfect world where man and succubi can fuck in peace vs spending my time doing stuff I enjoy.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I don't mind being on the receiving end of a gangbang. But assassinations out of spite or just because you can, not that they will help him in any to win, are really on the side of things I loathe. So I thought of spending the next turns to deal with sth. I strongly dislike and not being able to destroy the Dog Republic and set up a perfect world where man and succubi can fuck in peace vs spending my time doing stuff I enjoy.
I specifically offered you to pay 1000 gold to avoid the annoyance which is honestly a very fair price, realistically i should charge at least 2k since i killed 600-800g of mages in the first turn. I DMed you on rpgcodex before assassinations even started. Then you tried to weasel your way out of it by sending a message in game "about not responding well to threats" instead of here to try and get a free turn. Then your mages still died despite getting a warning to bodyguard. I needed money to play the game because my start was bad. It's not spite, you didnt pay, and then you still didnt pay because YOU are spiteful and can't suck up your pride to just pay 1000g. I can't even build half my possible sacreds per turn due to no gold. Then you went AI instead of getting a sub for even more spite.

I even went to the effort of making it RP friendly.
OkSiFL5.png

Anyway that's my last post on the subject, just going to put coldcrow on ignore and forget about it.

I am now entering a war with Ulm to try and save Xi Bing Lao

Tanaka

Scholar
Deal with sth? What is sth?

Tanaka

Scholar
I specifically offered you to pay 1000 gold to avoid the annoyance which is honestly a very fair price, realistically i should charge at least 2k since i killed 600-800g of mages in the first turn. I DMed you on rpgcodex before assassinations even started. Then you tried to weasel your way out of it by sending a message in game "about not responding well to threats" instead of here to try and get a free turn. Then your mages still died despite getting a warning to bodyguard. I needed money to play the game because my start was bad. It's not spite, you didnt pay, and then you still didnt pay because YOU are spiteful and can't suck up your pride to just pay 1000g. I can't even build half my possible sacreds per turn due to no gold. Then you went AI instead of getting a sub for even more spite.

I even went to the effort of making it RP friendly.
OkSiFL5.png

Anyway that's my last post on the subject, just going to put coldcrow on ignore and forget about it.

I am now entering a war with Ulm to try and save Xi Bing Lao
I mean it sounds like you did what you had to do to try and survive considering your bad start. The fact that you accepted your bad start and kept playing your best to fight on and stay in the game and still effecting things is to be commended IMO...kind of my point here...

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Sure, I don't want to sugarcoat a ragequit. As I said I did it because in that moment I thought of the next turns and the strong feeling of misery they would bring. See it this way, your strategy worked, you forced a strong opponent off the battlefield by non-standard means.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
Well fought, lizards! Thanks for the grand, honourable battle. Will need to review what happened there once I'm at my machine.

Despite the rough body parity, I think I did bring much more gold to the table. This victory would honestly be a Pyrrhic one, but with my scales I should recover relatively easily, while C'Tis is not doing too hot right now.

I find it amusing how the crosswielders alone killed more bodies than there initially was creatures in the lizard army. Warned you about the hoicy crossboe, bro.

Gotta love pixelmen smashes.

Tanaka

Scholar
Well fought, lizards! Thanks for the grand, honourable battle. Will need to review what happened there once I'm at my machine.

Despite the rough body parity, I think I did bring much more gold to the table. This victory would honestly be a Pyrrhic one, but with my scales I should recover relatively easily, while C'Tis is not doing too hot right now.

I find it amusing how the crosswielders alone killed more bodies than there initially was creatures in the lizard army. Warned you about the hoicy crossboe, bro.

Gotta love pixelmen smashes.
Yes finally glad to bring battle. My troops were too slow and too undead to fight a missile heavy army with solar weapons getting peltered just trying to reach the front line and then got all bunched up on the right side just getting massacred by arrows. And yes this is my end but I will fight on in the fortresses and raid while I can. Well fought little men and giant men cannot handle both!

Last edited:

Optimist

Savant
Patron
Oh wow, yeah, that was close nonetheless.

First time in a long while I saw ranged troops grabbing their daggers and moving into melee en masse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom