Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6: ProfessionalThroneSitters III: Late Age Edition

Tanaka

Educated
KJS3mzH.jpeg

The raid was obvious, parrying it even more so, standard resolution and the knights gets surrounded and slaughtered with minimal losses

TXYZepE.jpeg

Meanwhile, the in-game resolution

In short, the replay I get and the results are amazingly different.

I truly gotta love Illwinter. I can't even fathom how a dozen knights (yes, for sure sacreds but the bless ain't a hellbless) can manage to kill 80 dogs with mage support. I've seen this happen maybe once before, but what the hell Illwinter

It's because they run the server on Linux I bet
If the knights get a kill with charge instantly then they only need to kill 27 more to hp rout you. Not sure why the mages didnt help or your tests went differently but those pyrene knights are indeed terrifying. If you killed more one of his he probably would have routed too. Unlucky
We did just have a patch come out. I noticed in a previous game when a patch came out the battle was different...

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Nah its the patch I think? Apparently it can make it so the report and battle plays out differently. The report is always the 'one that counts'.

Andnjord

Arcane
Nah, the server processes the battle using a seed for all the random number generation of a battle and sends that seed along with the battle report to your computer to generate the replay locally. But when the game gets patched it can mess up with the seed leading to seemingly different results between replay and report, especially if the battle is relatively close.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Like I said to our doge friend its a rare and old bug back from Dom 4 at least.

Has to do with aforementioned way replays are coded.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Ah fuck, I did an oopsie and Pyrene won a major (and quite definitive) battle. There's no coming back from this.

I'll avoid the bother for a sub for my next week, so I'll gracefully bow out. I knew that losing Christopher was a sign of bad things to come.....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom