Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Fortunately I've already begun my flight to Tokyo. All war crimes are totally allegations. That could have been any nation!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The world would have been a much brighter and happier place if everyone posting in a Dominions MP thread would start each of their post with "My nation is X" +M
Or join the next MP game and learn first hand who's who.

Nah, not gonna run the hoops necessary to buy a steam game from russia nowadays. Playing MP feels too much like a job anyway. I'd rather read your banter )

cant you just buy keys from Russian sites like G2A?

That it requires some attention span once per day is true I guess but if you only join 1 game at a time it's manageble

Damned Registrations

Now that Ive at least got a keyboard to type with, albeit one covered in accursed moonrunes; I'll typea bit more about the whole lost lands situation:

First of all, this act of terrorism is dedicated to Marveni, who gave me a pile of gems long ago in exchange for the promise of causing significant chaos and butthurt. Hopefully this fits the bill.

Second, some notes for Lost Land* It is a right fucking pain in the ass to build around. Obviously it:s tier 9 (and evocations at that, ugh, researching tier 8 alteration would have been way more helpful), but on top of that it:s a heavy crosspath of water and earth. Hey, you know who doesn:t fucking need water or earth paths on a pretender? Underwater nations! I had to pick a rainbow to make it remotely viable, and it still sucks because the dickhead can:t wear earth boots. Also, all this punctuation is fucked due to the keyboard. Deal with it.

The other big limiting factor on it is it:s range- it:s a mere range 3, and on top of that, you have to cast it from land. It:s also got some limitations of what provinces you can sink, but coastal is already a huge limit there so whatever. Sucks to be anyone with a capital near some water, I guess.

I:d talk about the nitty gritty details but I haven:t been able to check my fucking game so I can:t even see the damage for myself right now.

On a completely unrelated note, Ryleh is currently accepting very unbalanced trades for earth gems, or donations in exchange for certain... considerations on which province is invited to test out lastest submersible tech.

mondblut

Arcane
Nah, not gonna run the hoops necessary to buy a steam game from russia nowadays. Playing MP feels too much like a job anyway. I'd rather read your banter )

Dunno, never tried, filing under "running the hoops".

That it requires some attention span once per day is true I guess but if you only join 1 game at a time it's manageble

A job is not about doing something once per day. A job is about having to do something that had all fun sucked out of it a long time ago because of some nebulous obligations to other people.

Damned Registrations

Should be soon now. \I bought a laptop today for 5000... yen... which is the one fucking key not on this keyboard somehow. I'm just currently utterly destroyed after walking for like 12 hours 2 days in a row. Also, the bugmen have invented jewery the likes of which \I had not imagined possible; a single language restriction on windows. I literally cant change it to display in English, use an English keyboard or shortcuts, etc. without paying for an upgrade. \Or, presumably, finding that reddit post with the thing that lets you give yourself service tech level permissions to do windows installs and upgrades. I can probably just run the game on the system as is though.

Just... need... sleep...

Dayyālu

Arcane
WE MAY NEED A SUB FOR MEKONE IF INTERESTED HIT ME ON PM

DO YOU WANT TO ENTER A LATEGAME WAR AGAINST THE PREMIERE POWER WITH SOME ALLIES OF DOUBTFUL EFFICIENCY

JOIN IN

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
You're able to buy Dom 6 from Steam in Russia. There's a problem transferring money to Steam wallet, but we already have a two-click solution. Also, you lose IIRC 5-10% for transfer fee, but Steam price for Russia is one of the lowest ones. It's like $17 vs USA $45.

I have a legal Dom key. Illwinter is like one of the three devs I throw money at.

Sinilevä

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You're able to buy Dom 6 from Steam in Russia. There's a problem transferring money to Steam wallet, but we already have a two-click solution. Also, you lose IIRC 5-10% for transfer fee, but Steam price for Russia is one of the lowest ones. It's like $17 vs USA $45.

I have a legal Dom key. Illwinter is like one of the three devs I throw money at.
Get on the train then. The more players, the merrier.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The vile armies of the Coalition of Evil (literal cavemen and demon worshipers included!) continue their ruthless advance against the Ulmish defenses! However NOBLE ANCESTORS and allied snake women stop at least one gigante slave army in its tracks!
gmtkGCI.png

Dayyālu

Arcane
What the fuck

How does a bunch of undead kill that much giant and mages, what the hell

It's called Queen of Air, mistform and flight for all. A pity I managed to rush just one, but hey, Air doesn't come natural to Agartha.... and Ulm snatched two.

Did I already say that Ulm is Throne rushing?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What the fuck

It's called Queen of Air, mistform and flight for all. A pity I managed to rush just one, but hey, Air doesn't come natural to Agartha.... and Ulm snatched two.

Unfortunately I ran out of air gems to summon the third queen...

But hey you have the earth kings and probably fire kings too?

Also its not throne rushing I am merely securing them from your evil reach!!!

Johannes

Arcane
What the fuck

Just flight and mistform doesn't seem like it'd be enough to beat a similar sized army, when the gigantes have magic weapons and there's 40+ mages there. Screenshots of fight?

Andnjord

Arcane
There’s a wight mage, so expect Darkness to have been cast. The Dust Priest can roll Death 4 and the Unfrozen Mages have lots of completely random paths, so there could have been anything from Grip of Winter to Rigor Mortis. Given the complete extermination of the gigante, I suspect a fatigue play to have been there.

Also Dust Warriors are no joke, with some extra Earth buffs they’ll slap hard. Wiki says you get a maximum of 26 Dust Warriors per cast of Hidden in Sands, so we’re looking at about four casts of it, so 260 earth gems. :eek:

Edit: last fun fact, but the skellies are pierce resistant, so the hoplites couldn’t do much damage, especially under Darkness. Everyone else was going up against Mistform or fire resist of the skellies, so they couldn’t do much either.

Last edit: and I forgot the skellies have a Heat Aura to fatigue everyone, so yeah, they’re pretty scary.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
The amazing part is not only the obliteration but the fact that Ulm took so little damage

It's not particularly uncommon in lategame Dominions. One spell engine goes online and if it works it just works. Gigantes aren't incredibly different from humans when a spell engine goes online, this is not early game.

Battles on which both factions suffer heavily are rather, methinks.

Johannes

Arcane
Gigantes are way better than humans lategame, they'll always deal damage due to magic weapons and high strength, and high hp helps you tank battlefield wipes. But they can be countered too ofc.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gigantes are way better than humans lategame, they'll always deal damage due to magic weapons and high strength, and high hp helps you tank battlefield wipes. But they can be countered too ofc.
Magic weapons AND magic armor, can't easily lower their protection. They're better than humans yes.

Damned Registrations

Sadly have no screenshots because the potato I'm playing on has contracted teh AIDZ but trust me when I say the slap fight between my projection and TC's pretender was epic. Over 100 turns long, and my guy never once cast any of the spells I scripted that would bypass his defenses and permanently cripple or even kill him. And on the other side, HoMo valiantly slew many skeletons while ignoring the guy dropping gifts from the heaven in his vicinity over a dozen times. Truly, Rlyeh has already won, for the AI behind spellcasters in Dom6 must have arrived from no place but the void beyond space and time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom