Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
With the kind permission of His Majesty the Maharaja of Kailasha, here are some views from his epic fight against T'ien Chi, taken by our scout that was quietly sitting on a nearby hill :

20240306133758_1.jpg

20240306133817_1.jpg

20240306133842_1.jpg

Kailasha army routed soon after.

The sheer number and variety of troops and mages fielded by T'ien Chi is a bit worrying, considering he is waging war on another front already.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The biggest problem on my side in that battle was the fact my pretender spent the whole thing hitting waves on chafs, starting from summoned ones. She is basically stuck at that middle point killing chafs until the rest of the army died and she routed.

She is probably the only one in the whole nation that can deal with the Swordsmen and she spent the whole battle killing Flagellants, summoned chafs, and light infantries

Overall very bad formation on my side

Dayyālu

Arcane
Next turn underground will be fascinating.

xCxCbkb.jpeg

That's pretty much the entire army of Pyrene against my premiere doomstack (reinforced, not only the spoilers given by Popot ). I did miss the horrible feeling of RNG and planning. Will the Decisive Battle doctrine of Agartha and Pyrene both gain any result?

Next turn!

Popot

Educated
Do Mairu warriors suck? That stack seems mostly human infantry and I haven't seen Pyrene field any non-mage giant.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

xCxCbkb.jpeg

That's pretty much the entire army of Pyrene against my premiere doomstack (reinforced, not only the spoilers given by Popot ). I did miss the horrible feeling of RNG and planning. Will the Decisive Battle doctrine of Agartha and Pyrene both gain any result?

Next turn!

Did they change cave EQ effect or are we about to experience the biggest disappointment ever?

Do Mairu warriors suck? That stack seems mostly human infantry and I haven't seen Pyrene field any non-mage giant.
As far as I can tell only good thing about the nation is giants.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Did they change cave EQ effect or are we about to experience the biggest disappointment ever?

Evocation 5 IS a possible target, but no spoilers. Or I followed a different research priority.

A glimpse of your future Day:

1533911-10201982184809167-379735589-n.jpg

YbSTmgJ.jpeg

I WILL NOT BREAK THE SEAL
I WILL NOT MAKE THE MISTAKES OF THE KIN BREAKER
I WILL HEED THE WISDOM OF THE ANCIENTS AND BE HAPPY

Pyrene went for an Hellbless. I won't divulge details because it ain't proper. I'm not entirely sure the build of human chassis hellbless sacred is good, but maybe the Jentil make for good thug/light SC chassis. We'll see next turn.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Evocation 5 IS a possible target, but no spoilers. Or I followed a different research priority.
Eh they barely changed spells in 6 so your options are extremely limited.
Woah woah woah, that's not true at all. Now the sea serpents you can summon have a tail slap attack!
That one is weird since sea serpents were already kinda dominating water meta...

Tanaka

Educated
Don't come in the caves, warfare is.... spiffy down there.

And you haven't seen Pyrene, he has at least double of my troops. Cave warfare, not even once.
Spiffy? Just eat the mushrooms man! Take some time to smell the fungus! We don't have to fight lets just cave in to love and blight and just share in the darkness!

Dayyālu

Arcane
Spiffy? Just eat the mushrooms man! Take some time to smell the fungus! We don't have to fight lets just cave in and share the darkness!

"..... this is a fight to the death, for each side the only acceptable outcome is the complete annihilation of the other."

Johannes

Arcane

Barely changed? Seems to me most things have been tuned in some way, evocations generally deal a lot more damage, buff AoE's are all changed up, and in rituals troop summons are cheaper. And all the glamor switchups. Haven't looked so closely to have solid opinions on what's best exactly, but it is different

Andnjord

Arcane

Barely changed? Seems to me most things have been tuned in some way, evocations generally deal a lot more damage, buff AoE's are all changed up, and in rituals troop summons are cheaper. And all the glamor switchups. Haven't looked so closely to have solid opinions on what's best exactly, but it is different
Fireball went from 10++ fatigue damage around the central hit to 6 fire damage for example, in mass it can do some real damage. On the other hand most battlefield wide spells have been pushed back, Army of Mist is now lvl8 while army wide Flaming arrows in now lvl7, Foul Vapours is now N4 W1, so it's a bit less oppressive, all positive changes in my mind. On the other hand all the Item tiers have been also pushed back on level, which really sucks.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
Reading messages: Hmm, where is - oh my main research farm.

fuck.PNG

How bad can it be

fuck1.PNG

Fuck

Last edited:

Trash Player

Scholar
They don't have dark vision. That is -3 to att/def/prec in caves. Even the small crappy pale one troops can trade effectively with them under such condition.
coldcrow:
Demons are disease immune, so it is more or less a good trade.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
They don't have dark vision. That is -3 to att/def/prec in caves. Even the small crappy pale one troops can trade effectively with them under such condition.
coldcrow:
Demons are disease immune, so it is more or less a good trade.
Which demons does Abysia have at this stage of the game?

Trash Player

Scholar
Oh, I was misled by the opening post. It shows Yomi still.
Tough luck then. This event is considered "good" internally because of the scales associated with freespawn nations.
Devs did not account for non-late Abysia taking those scales.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I believe someone in here was longing for some RNG? You can gladly have mine!

Ah yes, perfectly reasonable, we definitely couldn't have won against *checks notes* 7 archers and a light infantry with no commander.

9ol0khI.png

Did summoned air units always default to landing on commanders? That's quite powerful. Was not expecting that out of a tier 1 conjuration spell.
TPh5jaX.png

Thankfully twist fate did it's job and the slingers took out the bird for me before anything bad happens.
EuDRZgk.png

Unfortunately, something bad happened immediately afterwards.
84qKzNT.png

I lost like 70 lobo guard and 20 shamblers between these two battles because of this shit. :negative:

Dayyālu

Arcane
So how did it go ? Can you post some screenshots for us burnt Sun-dwellers ?

The Spaniards cravenly avoided conflict and rammed 300+ troops against three Zotz.

Typical of their kin.

I believe someone in here was longing for some RNG? You can gladly have mine!I lost like 70 lobo guard and 20 shamblers between these two battles because of this shit. :negative:

Indies have the best RNG. I lost an Earth Reader because a leaderless undead horse stubbornly refused to die, charged an entire line of Pale Ones and decked the Earth Reader buffer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom