Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Dominions 6 - Rise of the Pantokrator: The New Decline a.k.a ProfessionalThroneSitters MP Match (Ongoing!)

In what age should we play?

• Early Age

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Middle Age

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Late Age

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Johannes

Arcane
Fear seems overpriced when you dont have a mass of troops with it, could just forge fear helmets instead for example to get that effect where wanted. A big D caster is useful regardless though.

But probably none of us have extremely optimised builds here, just due to being so new to this version of the game.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
In today's episode of 'shit I wish I knew one turn ago':

Apparently units without water breathing get to fight underwater for the rest of the turn after their source of water breathing has died. So, just to be clear: Shamblers without a magic leader around: Instantaneously explode that very round. Humans without water breathing underwater: free to fight a second battle, presumably weeks later, in the same turn.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Apparently units without water breathing get to fight underwater for the rest of the turn after their source of water breathing has died. So, just to be clear: Shamblers without a magic leader around: Instantaneously explode that very round. Humans without water breathing underwater: free to fight a second battle, presumably weeks later, in the same turn.
That makes no sense. Maybe report it as a bug on Steam.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

It makes perfect sense, water is a map thing not battle thing, underwater battles happen on land just the background is different. Don't think the engine even supports changing that.

JB_0x0003

Literate

It makes perfect sense, water is a map thing not battle thing, underwater battles happen on land just the background is different. Don't think the engine even supports changing that.
It's because waterbreathing is checked only on movement and/or at the end of the turn. Units will die before movement if you teleport them underwater, for example.

You can actually exploit the way waterbreathing works to effectively double the number of underwater mages you have in a battle if you have more on land. Probably one of the only ways for a land nation to contest the underwater if there are actual UW nations around.

Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Fear seems overpriced when you dont have a mass of troops with it, could just forge fear helmets instead for example to get that effect where wanted. A big D caster is useful regardless though.

But probably none of us have extremely optimised builds here, just due to being so new to this version of the game.
Fear is 8 blesspoints not 10 now. Fear mechanic seems to've been buffed in general.
Twilight turnlimit thing means that thugs need to kill/rout enemies not just survive. Fear is the best bless for achieving that, since there aren't many other options and Mekone can self-buff fireshield.
Forging the helmets is arguably more expensive than the bless.

I think this might be a sensible build not just a cool one.

This turn, a siege which was being prosecuted by a lone Mekone scout was broken by a pathless soothsayer.
I had previously named the Soothsayer USELESS NIGGER. He is now named USEFUL BLACK GENTLEMAN.

I'm glad the game can detect the item spawn-in bug. I used this game to test it, but don't worry, I didn't keep them.

1712703999302.png

sqeecoo

Arcane
The honorable militant atheists of Mekone invite the degenerate feminists and transgender "spirit cooking" canibals of Sauromatia to a showdown in Neotha (83) this turn, to see whose doomstack is stronger and whether the erect spears of Sparta can defeat the lizards of Sauromatia in a pitched battle between our full armies.

Johannes

Arcane
How big are the underworld and the main sea, in provinces, anybody mapped that out other than the guys who live in them?

Wondering how big those guys are

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sea from a glance seems to be 4 - 5 prov north/south side and like 9 prov wide? Seems pretty big

Popot

Educated
How big are the underworld and the main sea, in provinces, anybody mapped that out other than the guys who live in them?

Wondering how big those guys are
Here are some incomplete maps
ksnip-20240410-164542.png

ksnip-20240410-164557.png

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Sea is, sadly smaller than it appears on the world map. They're effectively stretched out compared to the land provinces, which is why my dominions keep getting fucked over by all you misfortune lovers at the edges where one provinces borders like 6 land provinces. :argh:

It's 23 provinces, which is still nice to have to oneself. Though they give fuck all for gold and lack in gem variety. My kingdom for a fucking mine. Or TC's busted ass capital with a fucking +150 income rarity 5 site. How the fuck does that happen? If anyone is wondering how he's holding everyone off, it's because his cap circle is the fucking promised land. The 7 land provinces within 2 steps of his capital (not even counting the throne he hasn't touched yet) give 17 gems, 125 gold, 150 resources and 20 construction bonus (thats a 20% discount on item forging) and recruitable druids and turtle tribe to rape the inland sea next to him that inexplicably has massive incomes as well. Not that I'm jealous or anything.

:0-13:

Dayyālu

Arcane

We're very very small underground. Essentially a micronation, like the Vatican. Inconsequential, I'd say.

XYV7edO.jpeg

It has also zero Thrones, making problematic and difficult being, like, a worthwhile contender for victory.

I'm glad the game can detect the item spawn-in bug. I used this game to test it, but don't worry, I didn't keep them.

Don't use MP games for bug testing, please. Someone could get antsy or something. We're all gentlemen here, of course, but ....

Trash Player

Scholar
It's 23 provinces, which is still nice to have to oneself. Though they give fuck all for gold and lack in gem variety. My kingdom for a fucking mine. Or TC's busted ass capital with a fucking +150 income rarity 5 site. How the fuck does that happen? If anyone is wondering how he's holding everyone off, it's because his cap circle is the fucking promised land. The 7 land provinces within 2 steps of his capital (not even counting the throne he hasn't touched yet) give 17 gems, 125 gold, 150 resources and 20 construction bonus (thats a 20% discount on item forging) and recruitable druids and turtle tribe to rape the inland sea next to him that inexplicably has massive incomes as well. Not that I'm jealous or anything.
Johanne is kinda lucky but not unexpected. EA TC is pretty much one of the best site searching power in the game. Access to all non-B paths plus concentration on 2 cap mages bar D, which is either a random or a non-cap research slave. EA Ry'leh is missing F, which is rather common UW. Also demanding on randoms for 3 paths.

sqeecoo

Arcane
I actually learned the BRING ALL THE MAGES tactic from you Johannes, when you smashed my Lanka with Ermor in a early war by bringing a ton of Augurs way back when. Now whether have I scripted the mages properly is a different question, all the new point buffs are confusing me.

And yeah, the Sauromatian transdegenerates have fled in terror from the honorable Spartan challenge. Our soldiers stood at attention, waiting for as long as they could, but in the end they could do no more than expel their expletives over the empty sands of Neotha, cursing the cowardly women for ghosting them.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Damn this sqeeqoo has casually 50 mages marching in his doomstack. But the feminists didn't show up for the fight
Goddamn how the fuck you script this many mages for specific fights and all?

Must be tedious as fuck. At that point when you click the province the screen is full of mages I guess?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Damn this sqeeqoo has casually 50 mages marching in his doomstack. But the feminists didn't show up for the fight

Must be tedious as fuck. At that point when you click the province the screen is full of mages I guess?
Easy actually, group mages into paths/crosspath groups they have and copy paste scripts.

I literally can list useful combat spells from memory, despite there being hundreds and hundreds of spells you won't be scripting starfires...

I mean for most cases:
A bolt, t-strike.
E maws, blade wind, strength buff, weapon buff, armor buffs
F fireball, pillar, falling fires, incinerate
W cold bolt blast falling frost frozen heart
all elemental magics use elementals too and booster spells
D skeletons shadow blast
S stellar cascades ethereal buffs
N stream of life, storm of thorns
B life for life, harm, leech
G no idea actually
Crosspaths:
DF bane spells
EF magma spels
DS nether spells
WF acid spells
Sx communion and above spells

And then big mages get custom script for important spells.

Andnjord

Arcane

When it’s for one big fight I believe it’s the most fun part of Dominions, the problem starts when you have to do it repeatedly turn after turn, check if that one guy who took a cross bolt to the face round 1 was doing something useful, reload everyone’s gems, recount communion slaves/masters etc, etc…

But I guess that’s mostly a human nation problem.

group mages into paths/crosspath groups
I really wish you could change the order that mages appear in in the setup screen :negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom