Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Armageddon Edition

Choose your denstiny.

• Total voters

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Something something dramatic line, Bretonnia!

latest

Dayyālu

Arcane
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=CodexianEndTimes

I did a mess with the mod upload, let's hope Llama will not send hitmen against me. Just To Be Sure, use this and this mod for High Elves and Ogres:

High Elves:

http://a.pomf.cat/wuijih.rar

Ogres:

http://a.pomf.cat/vtgbsx.rar

The setting is conquest, the only changes I've done is a 'lil higher Indie defense (6) to give just a bit more bite to them, and a Hall of Fame of 15. This is Warhammer, our Champions should be men of renown and be numerous.

I've discovered other Warhammer mods:

Vampire Counts:
http://www.desura.com/games/dominio...sions/forum/thread/dom-3-to-dom-4-conversions

Wood Elves:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2657

They seem to be somewhat raw and untested, and I guess we will not lose much by avoiding them. Well, if I did anything wrong or there are problems notice me and I'll try to do something.

warhammer-mark-of-chaos-battle-1521.jpg

The End Times have begun, and this time it will not end with shitty Sigmarines defiling our setting!

EDIT:

One last question....do we want to use no Indy recruitment mod for extra Warhammer flavor(so it will only be "Warhammer" units that people can recruit)?

Edit: This one to be specific.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominio.../forum/thread/ni-mod-no-indy-poptype-recruits

I forgot this. Dreaad, your opinion and the vote of the other player would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Can we have all the mods combined together without browsing a million forum pages looking for last versions and whatnot?

Dayyālu

Arcane
Can we have all the mods combined together without browsing a million forum pages looking for last versions and whatnot?

I've been given the job, and I lack both basic tech skills and the attention span to combine the mods. Best thing I can do is this:

+ All mods in one place.

http://a.pomf.cat/cavepo.rar

+ High Elves last version:

http://a.pomf.cat/wuijih.rar

+ Ogres last version:

http://a.pomf.cat/vtgbsx.rar

It's enuff? Do you want some coffee also? Or an essay on Catholic Virtues ;)? If ya explain to me how to combine mods or do it yourself, it would be easier, thanks!

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
I forgot this. Dreaad, your opinion and the vote of the other player would be appreciated.

The Sigmarites will win!

The no indie recruitment mod.... I mean is that really such an issue? The way I see it, the only possible advantage would be to the 'evil' races in letting them recruit archers/crossbowmen and cheap H1 priests. Up to you if you think that it's thematically correct that chaos has no archers. I'll will say that honestly we could probably just have a gentlemen agreement not to hire indies, the mod seems like overkill.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Indies would give HE access to cheap chaffy units. Every HE troop is so effin' expensive... I'm not familiar enough with the WH universe to know if HE have human vassals to use as cannon fodder.
ANYWAYS...
Either way is fine by me. It seems thematically appropriate to restrict indies.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Oh sweet vampire counts get D6 mages, how balanced. Wood elves seem quite balanced for real tho.

Dayyālu

Arcane

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Uh, those Wood Elves look interesting. But I'm afraid they'll be a broken mess and we waste more time still... I'll take them around for a spin anyways :3

Dayyālu

Arcane
So. To avoid this becoming bogged again, I'll request a few things from our dear players:

+ I need a Team Leader for both teams. To simplify things, and the guy gets the job of managing stales/factional changes/requests for more time and the like. Easier for me.

+ Malakal Zephyr Arsland you want to switch factions? Wood Elves are rather underdeveloped and untested but if you want yer glamoured elves we can do.

+ Likewise, mondblut for Khornates. Gimme confirmation for your factions, ok?

+ Last one, I'd love to start this next week. Everyone take a breath, and try to organise a strategy and get the team together. If not, i'll start spamming terrible anime-inspired Warhammer art, as I can't do a thing to force people. If Anime art fails, I'll start to post Age of Sigmar-related art and products until my brain collapses.

Be gracious. Think of my sanity.

VbR9aBa.jpg

Zephyr Arsland

Learned

Wood Elves seem cool. But I don't want nasty surprises down the road. They only have a H3 priestess, 325 gold slow-recruiting, with the capability of summoning 2 dryads per turn. They also get treehugging summons such as Ents and Unicorns. In short, it's SO MUCH GENERIC ELVEN FAGGOTRY that makes me want to puke. Mages are cool tho and path selection versatile.

ANYWAYS, I'll stick with the kingdom-of-magic-elves trope, the HE. The WE can wait for the sequel.

Also, and pardon my noobishness, should we already be sending private messages to coordinate strategies and shit? I don't know what's the custom around here.

PS: Who's that supposed to be?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wood Elves seem cool. But I don't want nasty surprises down the road. They only have a H3 priestess, 325 gold slow-recruiting, with the capability of summoning 2 dryads per turn. They also get treehugging summons such as Ents and Unicorns. In short, it's SO MUCH GENERIC ELVEN FAGGOTRY that makes me want to puke. Mages are cool tho and path selection versatile.

ANYWAYS, I'll stick with the kingdom-of-magic-elves trope, the HE. The WE can wait for the sequel.

Also, and pardon my noobishness, should we already be sending private messages to coordinate strategies and shit? I don't know what's the custom around here.

Its obviously Tzeenetch.

Dayyālu

Arcane

:salute:

AgfAKE7.png

Wait, what? Team Goodies has not already started a convo and the backstabbings? Shitposting aside, yep, it is common sense.

Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, of course! I'll see if I can locate Khorne for the next round. Maybe I should ask to the Codex degenerates. There wasn't a dude with the job of posting terrible fan art around here?

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Cool beans. Thanks :) As I've said before, I'm not too familiar with the source material. All I knew about Tzeench were those vulture-headed thingies, Lords of Change I believe they're called.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
Dayyālu So, what are the game settings - the map, victory condition, pretender roster, any balance rules?

Redding is teh hard. It is endlessly surprising that people can manage a micro hell like the late game turns and you can't be bothered to download two mods or read two thread pages. A mistery.

Oh, Well.

+ Map is Fantomagoria;

+ Win condition is Conquest, no Thrones;

+ Standard Research, Hall of Fame 15, Indie Strength 6, stock magic resources for MA.

+ Pretenders are limited to non-modded ones, rule given by Dreaad 'cause some nations don't have custom prets.

+ Balance rules will come if I even get to playtest the faction more than 10 min each. I'll reserve the right to nuke OP options (like the infamous Skaven Mages), but for the moment nothing comes to my mind. We'll see.

Ja. Raep for the raep throne. I am feeling really Khorny.

Got it. I'll rehost the game sooner or later then.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Uh I was sure we are playing on the Warhammer map.

And since not all nations have unique pretenders and that made you exclude unique pretenders can we exclude unique summons too? Not all nations get those.

Dayyālu

Arcane
Uh I was sure we are playing on the Warhammer map.

And since not all nations have unique pretenders and that made you exclude unique pretenders can we exclude unique summons too? Not all nations get those.

If that was for me, I would have left in even the Prets and hoped for the best, but Dreaad made that rule, not me. I agree that Skavens are best left out, though, for clear reasons.

Summons, until I find something truly broken (and I still need to test a ton of stuff, from Demons to Bretonnian Counts) are in. And even then, I guess it's better to outlaw 'em strictly if needed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom