Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Grimwulf didn't take all my provinces (yet)

Hey.. what's this fires from afar spell? Let's see how useless it is.
edit: this is actually quite cool feature of dom4: browsing through the spell lists and spotting spells you weren't aware of before.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
mfw

CMpLoeD.png

robin_hayes_dollar_sign_eyes.jpg

It's too sunny in Lanka for Illwinter.

oFznkz6.png

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Be prepared as this turn will be hosting in, now, less than 24 hours. Good luck everyone.

You know what's even worse than shortening the timer in the middle of midgame? Saying that you're gonna make it 24h and fail to deliver. Wtf.

:rpgcodex:

SOME people here had to make hasty half-assed turns, falling for yer empty promises, Dreaad.

When you change the timer to a shorter one, the change will be applied starting from next turn. If you need to shorten the current one, you gotta choose "postpone hosting" and enter negative 24h. Get a grip on llama, man.

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I must make a grand decision in the next couple turns. Whom to support.

Does Illwinter count as breaking NAP? Burden of Time would, I think, but Illwinter is merely annoying....though it does hamper my blood hunting fairly well.:M

What do you think Grimwulf?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik

I think you people just need an excuse to violate agreements. Might as well attack me because I have Eyes of God.

I'm fine either way, coz I'm always prepared for backstabs. Mictlan is an easy score for Niefelheim at the current stage. If you want to violate an agreement - don't ask me.

Last edited:

KoolNoodles

Arcane

I think you people just need an excuse to violate agreements. Might as well attack me because I have Eyes of God.

I'm fine either way, coz I'm always prepared for backstabs. Mictlan is an easy score for Niefelheim at the current stage. If you want to violate an agreement - don't ask me.

Don't take offense good friend, I'm asking because I care(somewhat). I don't really know the boundaries of diplomatic agreements when it comes to "hostile" global enchantments, because it seems every group of players and every game has their own ideas. So I just put forth the example of Burden of Time, which would be hostile to me as I have some old mages that do good work for me. Illwinter seems a bit more "neutral" though. So, I wanted you to put forth a good argument there, partly because it interests me. That wasn't a backhanded threat.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Don't take offense good friend, I'm asking because I care(somewhat). I don't really know the boundaries of diplomatic agreements when it comes to "hostile" global enchantments, because it seems every group of players and every game has their own ideas. So I just put forth the example of Burden of Time, which would be hostile to me as I have some old mages that do good work for me. Illwinter seems a bit more "neutral" though. So, I wanted you to put forth a good argument there, partly because it interests me. That wasn't a backhanded threat.

I'm not offended, and it's totally your call in the end. Attacking me now is not a smart thing to do imo, simply because you are weaker, and we have common enemies. Illwinter brought some climate changes, ye. What of it? Unrest doesn't affect anytbody one bit. All your high-income provinces are fortified, and all your forts are being patrolled.

Here go some facts to prove my words:

Your military is rock-bottom, friend.

tcgpvoicdn.png

Just as Lanka's income. But as you can see, Illwinter didn't affect it at all.

msikkpmcap.png

Backstabbing is not a crime against humanity, but using Illwinter as an excuse is basically attacking without an excuse whatsoever.

Isiloon

Arcane
Patron
I'd say Illwinter is as good of an excuse to break NaP as breaking one because another player sailed across a lake to take an indie province

KoolNoodles

Arcane

I'm not offended, and it's totally your call in the end. Attacking me now is not a smart thing to do imo, simply because you are weaker, and we have common enemies. Illwinter brought some climate changes, ye. What of it? Unrest doesn't affect anytbody one bit. All your high-income provinces are fortified, and all your forts are being patrolled.

Here go some facts to prove my words:

Your military is rock-bottom, friend.

tcgpvoicdn.png

Just as Lanka's income. But as you can see, Illwinter didn't affect it at all.

msikkpmcap.png

Backstabbing is not a crime against humanity, but using Illwinter as an excuse is basically attacking without an excuse whatsoever.

So after all that, the conclusion is: "that would be kinda shitty, KN". Okay, that's all I wanted to hear! :salute:

I sure did lose a lot of slaves(that now have half upkeep)! :negative:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Was ist going on with the game on llama? All the turn files are received, the turn timer is 45min past, but still not moving on?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom