Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dominions Decline 11: The Grimgrinch vs Christmas

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
Fuck why did I miss that.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
KoolNoodles you are in correct? Just making sure... Lanka and TNN should be submitted today so then it'll just be you missing.

When did I sign up?

Edit: Fine, EA? Mictlan....I will try again and not mess around with an unconventional bless. :M

B9N9 big head? Fairly cheap and good for all your summons. Alternatively N9W9 or W9B9 I guess but way more expensive.

I went W9S9 Oracle before. It worked pretty well and I was using my pretender to forge rings, but not having N9 caught up with the Jags and others, and never had enough sacred demons to really use the MR. N9 is just too good.

Sorry but S9 is just stupid, twist fate effect is miniscule, mr is not needed since ozelotls have 15 base mr easily boosted to 18 via anti magic anyway. S9 is good for shit that dies in one hit like shadow vestals or maybe supayas.

N9 has an obvious synergy with B9 too. W9 is solid in itself but purely offensive while N9 also helps your mages and thugs.

Recently Im a huge fan of B9 so my suggestion stands at N9B9. And its amazingly cheap for Mictlan.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Recently Im a huge fan of B9 so my suggestion stands at N9B9. And its amazingly cheap for Mictlan.

Really? How so? I've heard contradicting opinions on B9 but mostly that it doesn't do much, especially after Antimagic. I still chose it for Decline 10 :D

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Really? How so? I've heard contradicting opinions on B9 but mostly that it doesn't do much, especially after Antimagic. I still chose it for Decline 10 :D

4 str for 3 attack ozelotls and jaguar warriors is huge for one, its 25% more damage at least, especially useful against giants/armored targets. But mainly because evocations are your biggest enemy and BV fucks them up. Sure, your enemy can boost their casters to like 22 mr. But guess what? 50 checks on 22 mr and one should fail. If you have 200 sacred doom ball like is usual for Mictlan thats four failed checks per battlefield wide evo like RoS. And your sacreds dont die to one RoS/EQ, especially with N9 too. And getting pre battle bless is easy with your pretender or the ark. Its one of the actual counters to RoS spam.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Its one of the actual counters to RoS spam.

RoS is easy to counter if you have 1st battle turn. If you don't, then any bless is useless.

As I said you need the ark or your pretender to be present too. And then its not a real counter since your sacreds die anyway, its more like a war of attrition between who can make more stuff.

That having said BV also works for normal spells. Counters thunder strike spam amazingly well (10 aoe 1 dmg? dont mind if I do!). And Mictlan gets a lot of use out of B9.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
And just checked, dom6 N9B9 blood mama with order 3 sloth 3 heat 3 growth 3 imprisoned. Thats all the scales you need anyway.

sqeecoo

Arcane
4 str is good for Mictlan across the board, agreed. And as for the reflected damage, I guess I'll have to see in D10 firsthand.

RoS is easy to counter if you have the first turn? If you have Fog Warriors, sure, but if there's a good solution without air access I'd love to know :)

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
And as for the reflected damage, I guess I'll have to see in D10 firsthand.

You see, high damage alone doesn't make much of a difference when you cannot land a damn hit. That's why F9 is so gud - not only it increases damage, but most importantly attack value too. But yeah, BV makes a difference in LA, since overall MR is significantly lower there. In EA I wouldn't count on BV causing havoc.

but if there's a good solution without air access I'd love to know :)

Any protection-increasing spells will do.

Edit: if we speak about protecting the entire army. Mages have a shitton of self-buffs to deal with it.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Also the bless should be analyzed against the opponents you will face and I dont think high att is needed in this particular game. Other than two elf nations of course.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Actually, out of curiosity, is there ever a situation for a A9 bless? I was playing around with it for Jomon (no shields, all nice summons also have no shields and that extra precision is okay on all the multi path mages) but it still felt like almost anything else would be just as useful. Maybe EA kailisa to get those long bow archers to prec 18 or whatever?

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Other than two elf nations of course.

F9 is extremely good against Therodos. And also prevents N-heavy nations like Oceania (or any other nation that found stronk N indies) from casting Mass Protection.

It's gud against Niefel's sacred units too.

:negative:

Actually, out of curiosity, is there ever a situation for a A9 bless?

It's a pure mage bless.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A9 is useless but minor A is situational, especially since it gives you a mage with a good path to cast spells with and forge boosters.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Yeah come on guys, it's christmas eve! Don't disappoint Jesus!

137412279020.jpg

KoolNoodles

Arcane
Ok guys I submitted my triple blessed Papa Noel for a wonderful Christmas game. It would be perfect if this started tonight, I will even have time to do the first turn before the family gets too drunk and belligerent!

:gd:

Harpsichord

Arcane
So much of what you say goes strait over my head. I am thinking I am gonna loose fast.
Just learn by watching, I had played several dozen games with other casual friends and got my ass thoroughly enriched playing twice here on the codex.

What they won't talk about in this thread is their scripting, pay close attention to that when they're raping you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom