Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Well, I guess they already knew they would give it to Garder. But he only has 6 leshrac games on his record, so yeah.... I guess ppd did his homework tonight and now forces CDECs hand to pick the lesh when they have noone who can play it comfortably.

Inspectah

Savant
But does those record count scrims?
or maybe smurfs
I mean, if the hero is so strong in the patch the big tournament is going to be played on, you'd think they would at least train with it

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
QoP has won a grand total of 5 out of the 20 Main Event games. And a QoP Leshrac duo was shredded by LGD against VP once the BKBs came online.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
My God, 2/2 cs on Sumail, I blink and look at the minimap, 3 seconds later 14/3.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Dotabuff only tracks official matches (ticketed games, so everything tournament related) aswell as pub games. It's still not a good record to have, they obviously have scrimmed with/against it to prepare. I have 35 games on lesh as someone who mainly plays support. I also have 1k games less than shiki, so thats a little comparison for you.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
These rotations are amazing - but they weren't enough to win in the first game. Those lanes though...
ti really teaching me to hate gyro, such a cockblocker

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, only very few pub-players actually use the counter-ganking potential heroes like gyro/pl naturally have so you should be safe. I'd be more concerned about all those tuskar pickers...

Sulimo

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Holy shit that was a good fight for CDEC. Dat snowball saved three heroes.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I'm starting to get mad at agressif, that was the 3rd fight he blows bkb jumps onto the clock orchids him up and blows her entire load on him while WR shreds through the backline. That cost them the fights twice already, thankfully tuskar is broken as fuck and just saved 3ppl and with it the fight.

Inspectah

Savant
fuck yeah
EDIT: Is this stardard double elimination? As in, CDEC has a set advantage?

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
CDEC's playing mindgames with PPD's drafting. Might be the way to go since EG has obviously discussed how to mess with CDEC's typical "script".

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Wow, they switched up the draft. Instead of picking gyro+clock like they did the previous two games, they picked up clock+gyro now.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I gotta be honest, I don't understand ths upper/lower bracket. Why does EG get two chances? Doesn't that heavily favor everyone who started in the upper bracket? But despite having two shots at it, their enemies now have only one shot in the finals. even though they are in the upper bracket...

Inspectah

Savant
Normaly the winner bracket's winners get a set advantage(as in, EG would have to win 6 games instead of 3)
EDIT: hate numbers

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Its like that for fighting games, yes. Most DotA tournaments that were running a winners advantage simply made it a 0-1 from the get go, so that the WB team would only have to win 2 games in a bo5. Running 2 bo5s in case the lower-bracket contender wins the first one would simply take too long.

Valve approached the whole winners advantage a little different this tournament around. The higher seeded team automatically wins the cointoss.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
wins carrying over into sub-sequential games is fucking retarded.

a series is a series.

this is a good format.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I gotta be honest, I don't understand ths upper/lower bracket. Why does EG get two chances? Doesn't that heavily favor everyone who started in the upper bracket? But despite having two shots at it, their enemies now have only one shot in the finals. even though they are in the upper bracket...
yes by playing better in the group stage you get a favored position in the play-offs. what's the problem.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
you guys are all stupid and I'm glad none of you are involved in how this tournament is run.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Jeez, I am just asking you fucking homo; I didn't know about the coin-toss.

edit: man sumail is so good at finding farm

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom