Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dota 2 Discussion (~Boston Majors & Road to TI7~)

What modes should we play?

• Total voters

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
In case anyone wonders about the new 3 heroes, Kotl is an ok hero who needs to combo with other people (he's a babysitter, in other words) who also has pushing/counter-pushing power. Nerub Assassin is a pubstomp heroes who can kill lowskill players nonstop. Visage is a hero who used to be fantastic but was nerfed to alchemist-tier shitdom and is useless, never pick, repick him if you random

Jadeite

Educated
This is exactly what's wrong with today's games. This is a terrible sequel. Updating a 6 year old WC3 mod with new graphics and calling it a full game? It's sad what filth the masses will grovel in just for a "shared experience". I wouldn't be surprised if they farmed this out to an unnamed design team.

Jadeite

Educated
There's no reason to mess with the mechanics when they have worked so well for years.

What they need is a channel only for noobs and a system of mentoring so people can learn the basics before being thrown on rated play.

Gamers who look at games from all angles realize that DotA 2, LoL, and HoN are all crap. The reason to "mess with the mechanics" is to make a truly good game. There has yet to be a truly great "MOBA".

Hoodoo

Arcane
Did you register just for this thread?

Anyways, Valve remade dota for the money. People play it for the easier matchmaking. Nothing to rage about.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
This is exactly what's wrong with today's games. This is a terrible sequel. Updating a 6 year old WC3 mod with new graphics and calling it a full game? It's sad what filth the masses will grovel in just for a "shared experience". I wouldn't be surprised if they farmed this out to an unnamed design team.
This post is pretty hilarious.
Gamers who look at games from all angles realize that DotA 2, LoL, and HoN are all crap. The reason to "mess with the mechanics" is to make a truly good game.
"Gamers who look at games from all angles" ah, now we can see how he's going to approach stroking his ego. If it wasn't obvious by his poor judgement regarding the game, we now know this isn't about Dota at all.

edit- Ten bucks says he couldn't articulate what these angles are without looking retarded. Will he be the next skyway?

Rpgsaurus Rex

Visage is quite strong still, one of the best aggressive trilaners. Unless you're playing at the very top level there's nothing wrong with running a "classic" Visage trilane.

KotL is mostly a rare/troll pick in competitive, like that one time Na'vi went Bristleback + KotL for the lulz, or at least he used to be. Gimmicky pub hero that you pick to support your mana hungry friend in a dual lane (e.g. PL). IMO he has the potential to be a mid-tier situational pick, what with the buffs to mana leak.

NA - considered a pub hero, mostly.

I've been away from D2 for a month, so I'm completely unaware of the most current competitive trends.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Everybody repeats that he's so awesome at trilaning because they heard someone on reddit say it. He's not any better at it now than any other nuker or stunner. As I said before, overnerfed.
Kotl isn't a troll pick. He's not top tier but he's a good hero.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
kotl is a great pusher. I've won all my games with him I think, and all games have been pushing until win from like minute 15-20.

btw do americans have problems on US east? I have pretty okayish ping around 100ms or so, but so many people are disconnecting all the time. very annoying having to wait for people.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played some games and my most successful hero right now is tinker, with whom I have 100% win rate. Last time I even soloed radi weaver in late game with him. Rearm plus sheepstick is hilarious.

Anyway its more or less the same it was in DotA 1. Your team gets 4 carries you lose, your team gets no carries you lose, your team picks at most two carries and nukers with stuns for the rest - you win. Probably I am not good enough yet to singlehandely carry my teams to victory.

Rpgsaurus Rex

That's the deal with pubs. Win % sometimes can be completely random, unless you "tryhard" (e.g. pick mid rapist hero go mid every game, or go Lycan r00fles). Even then it's hilarious to watch someone like Dendi or Scandal go mid and get utterly destroyed by ganks - or get completely ignored and have their team go 0/40.

Switch brain off and have fun is usually the best mode...

For more serious attitude there are always IHLs, scrims, open tournaments etc.

Hoodoo

Arcane
says your steam is private :o
are you friends with anyone on the 'dex? mebbe I can add you off kc or something. Otherwise you can search the[REAL]Hu$tla -92' :M

played wth a pro tinker yesterday. Did a lot of :what: things but my favourite was he would BoT to top lane (which had first rax already) and instantly dagger into the bushs. Then he would machine march when they went to farm the lane and rocket when they got low. Got about 3 kills this way. Asians man.

lost all my games today :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom