Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

aris

Arcane
Double fine is a hell-of-a-lot more trustworthy than inexile.

Based on what?
Based on the fact that they have released, unlike inexile, you know, any good game. At all.

And Metro, I love the fact that the biggest shit posters on this forums, always complain about other people shit posting. Almost every fucking post you make, it's the same old tired "good for a (semi-)interactive comic/movie" shit post, which got tiring after the first time you posted it. And this thread consists of your exclusively shit posting stupid one liners.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Based on the fact that they have released, unlike inexile, you know, any good game. At all.

:lol:

Besides Psychonauts their entire catalogue is filled with crap and casual games.

A hell-of-a-lot more trustworthy, indeed. Why, I should definitely pledge to Massive Chalice, already looks like a much better game than W2 and Torment.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

Based on what?

And Metro, I love the fact that the biggest shit posters on this forums, always complain about other people shit posting. Almost every fucking post you make, it's the same old tired "good for a (semi-)interactive comic/movie" shit post, which got tiring after the first time you posted it. And this thread consists of your exclusively shit posting stupid one liners.

My dear sweet gaudaost it's not the form but the content of a post that makes one a true shitposter. You could write in heavily researched ten page essays but at the end of the day you still never cease to amaze everyone by your unflagging support of shitty games like Diablo 3 and now this laughable venture by Double Fine, lauding their past achievements. The reality is what Double Fine has released in the past isn't much better than the casual stuff and licensed titles InXile has put out. And now that we've seen endless proof that Wasteland 2 is turning out to be the game most of us hoped it would be to trash InXile and praise Schafer's motley crew of welfare latte neckbeards displays profound stupidity or simply tantamount to blatant trolling. So, in conclusion:

:kingcomrade:

Kz3r0

Arcane
Someone could explain to me why I have removed Gaudey from my ignore list?
Fixed by the way.

aris

Arcane
Besides Psychonauts their entire catalogue is filled with crap and casual games.

That's one more not-shit game than inexile has ever released.

Based on what?

My dear sweet gaudaost it's not the form but the content of a post that makes one a true shitposter. You could write in heavily researched ten page essays but at the end of the day you still never cease to amaze everyone by your unflagging support of shitty games like Diablo 3 and now this laughable venture by Double Fine, lauding their past achievements. The reality is what Double Fine has released in the past isn't much better than the casual stuff and licensed titles InXile has put out. And now that we've seen endless proof that Wasteland 2 is turning out to be the game most of us hoped it would be to trash InXile and praise Schafer's motley crew of welfare latte neckbeards displays profound stupidity or simply tantamount to blatant trolling. So, in conclusion:

:kingcomrade:

I usually ignore it when people bring in Diablo 3 as if it has any relevance at all, but this reply is stupid to an almost poignant degree, that I have to point it out. Red Herring motherfucker, have you heard about it? Furthermore, you go on to imply that I support this based on their past achievments. That's only one reason, the main reason being that I fucking like the concept. Which was the only thing you had to go on with wasteland 2 and their double dipping with Torment. You say that inexile has provided "endless" proof of the solidity of wasteland 2? From what exactly? That one alpha build footage, that showcased horrible art design? Oh but the concept was solid in the vertical slice you say? Yeah, that worked out real well with Aliens: colonial marines, didn't it?

I'm fucking tired of all the mindless worship of inexile, for no fucking reason. They have many people that have shown talent in the past? Yeah? So did Leonard Boyarsky who now works as lead world designer for Diablo 3, with it's wonderfully well written story and interesting world. The fact remains that every single game they have released up until this moment has been shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

A long time ago, made by different people than this game. You also have to take into account that W2 video has met with generally positive reaction while DF's Broken Age mishaps and mismanagement are often a target of derision around these parts.

So you have two campaigns - one that, while trying hard to ride the fame of a legendary title and coming before the company's other project is released (but the work in progress shots of which are generally encouraging), at least tried to bring the original creators to the table, uses an original and interesting setting and its updates were actually informative (or as informative as a game that has not even entered a preproduction phase can be. The other running even more of a trust us it'll be cool campaign than is usual at KS (yes, it worked for DFA, but they were the first and times have changed since then), staffed by people whose gaming pedigree is mediocre at best and giving off vibes of being a desperate gamble to secure funding for their other game.

Gee, which one should I chose, Doc?

DeepOcean

Arcane

Man, I agree with you but there is a difference between this:
15218_zps6bbadec0.jpg

and this:
2073193-i_shirt_zpsbf48515d.jpg

There isn't anything stopping him to do a good game but based on the mental diarrhea that the kickstarter updates are I don't put much faith in him.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I WISH THEY WOULD RELEASE SOME REAL FUCKING INFORMATION!

I'm not going to back this. I'll just wait and see how it turns out when it's released.

J1M

Arcane
Absolutely nothing on direction? Concept art? Ideas? Gameplay concepts? Anything?

LOL, they aren't going to make more than pitch videos until this thing is paid for in full.

J1M

Arcane
I WISH THEY WOULD RELEASE SOME REAL FUCKING INFORMATION!

I'm not going to back this. I'll just wait and see how it turns out when it's released.

Looking at the kickstarter tiers, you are likely to save money by making a day 1 purchase. :smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Cancelled my pledge. I actually have enjoyed DF's previous games and loved the idea they pitched. Them since then utterly failing to add anything of substance to the initial pitch however is something that makes all the red lights go on. I'll happily buy this if it turns out to be good. Right now however I have very little confidence it will.

If I pledge I want to see either a very enthousiastic newcomer explain what it is they want to create and what their vision is or someone already established come with a great idea. In short, get me enthousiastic and make me think they themselves care. I'm willing to toss a tenner or even a twenty in that direction then even for a chance at some incline. This just feels aimless and listless. If they're not enthousiastic and dying to tell me about their awesome ideas then why the fuck should I care?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yawn, after a week off, lets see how the campaign doing? They still didn't reach one million? This is fucking hilarious, most fucked up kickstarter ever from a veteran studio. :lol: No worthwhile updates, no information about the game, they can be happy if they reach 1 million in the last 10 days.

But to be fair, it is clear by now that DF decided to run a kickstarter with the most minimal effort possible, and see how much money can they get. Then they reap the money, use it for Broken Age, and after release, use its profits for Massive Chalice. From a business standpoint it is a good plan, but it is morally ambiguous.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yawn, after a week off, lets see how the campaign doing? They still didn't reach one million? This is fucking hilarious, most fucked up kickstarter ever from a veteran studio. :lol: No worthwhile updates, no information about the game, they can be happy if they reach 1 million in the last 10 days.

But to be fair, it is clear by now that DF decided to run a kickstarter with the most minimal effort possible, and see how much money can they get. Then they reap the money, use it for Broken Age, and after release, use its profits for Massive Chalice. From a business standpoint it is a good plan, but it is morally ambiguous.

Stabwound

Arcane
I hope they expected to reach Double Fine + Wasteland 2 numbers and don't even get close. Also, all of those pictures on the kickstarted update with that idiot doing the goofy open mouthed "smile" are creeping me the fuck out. If I were someone that pledged toward this, that update alone would be enough for me to withdraw.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor

There's hope for you yet, J_C.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Kind of like Bernie Madoff's investments were "good from a business standpoint, but morally ambiguous"?

CMcC

Larian Studios
Developer
But hey, we have InXile bros on board, so let's ask. CMcC ksaun Adam Heine Brother None, what say you? Was the Castoffs Labirynth a last-minute addition, or was it planned from the beginning in some form or another? (Colin always ignores me, but I will not be spurned so easily)

I'm not ignoring you on purpose - I'm just not signing in frequently enough to answer these things in a timely way.

... uh, as is the case here again. Adam handled the answer nicely, I thought. Now I need to read the rest of the thread to see if there's anything else I should cover.

ETA: Huh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom