Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

Repressed Homosexual
Have they figured out how to implement the heir feature with dynasties based on same-sex marriages? Maybe there will be a wizard who can grow an uterus.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think there's actually an alpha prototype of the overland strategy map on one of the streams, apparently it was done before the Kickstarter but they didn't have the balls to show it (probably since they knew that anything that looks fugly would drive away morons).

buzz

Arcane
And a barebones screenshot:
tumblr_mso64iJtd31syjjzpo1_1280.png

I'm still mildly excited about this one, if only for the fact that Schafer is not working on it so no one hypes it as the second coming of Jesus.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did they release any more details on game mechanics?

Multi-headed Cow

And a barebones screenshot:
Already they've reached Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes level of technology! Look at those shadows! Do you know how hard Brad hyped those shadows!?

bonescraper

Oh fuck, for some unexplainable reason i thought it's going to be 2D. Fuck this shit.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They showed the game (at least some environments) on their stream a while ago. I thought it looked rather nice.
I have absolutely no idea how the game plays tho.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They showed the game (at least some environments) on their stream a while ago. I thought it looked rather nice.
I have absolutely no idea how the game plays tho.
I don't think they will go into full production until Broken Age is released.

suejak

Arbiter
Patron
Village Idiot
Are you guys opposed to this game too? The turn-based XCOM-like strategy-RPG sim game?

kris

Arcane
Are you guys opposed to this game too? The turn-based XCOM-like strategy-RPG sim game?

Actually many sounded positive at first. But the utter lack of information on what the game will be, dissuaded people. I still have no idea what you will do in this game.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hating on Double Fine everyone and everything is the new cool stuff to do on the Codex.

When you hate both triple-A developers, middleweight developers, and indies for all the things economics won't let them do right, there isn't anything left to love.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
When you hate both triple-A developers, middleweight developers, and indies for all the things economics won't let them do right, there isn't anything left to love.
You love those that stand for their beliefs and don't bend over for "economics", be them a lone indie developer making Underrail or STASIS, middleweight Daedalic pushin in a turn-based tactical RPG, or even triple-A publisher Ubisoft making a old-school blobber.

Pretending that it's impossible to make good games again is just cheap self-help for incompetents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom