Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Double Fine's MASSIVE CHALICE - Released... but nobody cares

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Here PoE is #1, while Massive Chalice is right under...
Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Guess you know what that means.
Don't you dare compare a Double Fine game with the joy of Euro Truck Simulator 2!

Wash your hands good sir! That was uncalled for! :)
I never played Euro Truck Simulator, but I always had an impression people buy it just to see how bad and glitched the game is (at least after watching a few gameplay videos).
I might be wrong, though.
You mix it up with something. Probably the woodcutter and farming and other shit simulator. Euro Truck Sim2 is a really great truck and business simulator.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I care! I want the game to flop and I want Double Fine to fail.=(
You are pathetic. I hope you lose your job (after you grow up of course) and you will have to live on unemployment benefit.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ah, here we go, it's climbing up now. Still on page 2, though.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Euro Truck Simulator 2.
Don't you dare compare a Double Fine game with the joy of Euro Truck Simulator 2!

I never played Euro Truck Simulator, but I always had an impression people buy it just to see how bad and glitched the game is (at least after watching a few gameplay videos).
You mix it up with something. Probably the woodcutter and farming and other shit simulator. Euro Truck Sim2 is a really great truck and business simulator.
I don't trust your taste, J_C. Anyone who praises Fahrenheit and acts like a fanboy towards Double Fine and similar groups of disappointing has beens is not a friend of mine.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
You are pathetic. I hope you lose your job (after you grow up of course) and you will have to live on unemployment benefit.
12747.jpg

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

Oh yeah, I'm the one that needs to grow up here.:D Relax, tough guy. It's just schadenfreude. Now, that is. Don't worry, me taking pleasure in Double Fine's failure won't affect a god damn thing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Now, that is. Don't worry, me taking pleasure in Double Fine's failure won't affect a god damn thing.
I know it won't affect a thing, but I find it pretty sad that someone finds joy in people losing their jobs.
Euro Truck Simulator 2.

I don't trust your taste, J_C. Anyone who praises Fahrenheit and acts like a fanboy towards Double Fine and similar groups of disappointing has beens is not a friend of mine.

Euro Truck Simulator 2: User reviews: Overwhelmingly Positive(34,006 reviews) 98% recommend.

And for the record, I don't act like a fanboy, I just don't throw a hissy fit because they didn't made an oldschool adventure games like the Lucasarts games. People don't even give a chance to DF games, they just go TROLOLOL, EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS SHIT, I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT.

Fuck you!

zwanzig_zwoelf

Relax, J_C, I've got my own reasons to dislike DF.
I'll give Broken Age a try, since it looks like their least shitty game among the latest games and see whether this game is worth looking like an idiot on the internet.

I'll start with Part 2.

buzz

Arcane
People don't even give a chance to DF games, they just go TROLOLOL, EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS SHIT, I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT.
They're a scummy as fuck company who ripped of their customer several times. Why the fuck would ANYONE treat them with anything less than total despise?

Even with Massive Chalice itself. The minimum backer pledge on the kickstarter campaign was 20 bucks, in order to get the game.
Then the launch comes, day 1 -> 16 FUCKING DOLLARS.

Seriously, the only fucking advantage for giving them 20 bucks back when it was launched was a "forum badge". How can anyone defend that kind of behavior?

Perhaps the game is actually good, but that would be a first in a long time, seeing how Spacebase DF9 was shit, Hack'n'Slash was shit, and Broken Age as well was mild shit.

You need to be a special kind of masochist to just keep defending them at this point. Bankruptcy is just the logical conclusion for such a stupid and mismanaged company.

DakaSha

Arcane
I hope everybody at Double Fine loses their job and has to resort to slangin dope to feed their kids.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
People don't even give a chance to DF games, they just go TROLOLOL, EVERYTHING THEY MAKE IS SHIT, I HOPE THEY GO BANKRUPT.
They're a scummy as fuck company who ripped of their customer several times. Why the fuck would ANYONE treat them with anything less than total despise?
What? They only ripped them off with spacebase, and I wouldn't even call that ripping off, because they produced a working, although shallow game

Even with Massive Chalice itself. The minimum backer pledge on the kickstarter campaign was 20 bucks, in order to get the game.
Except it is 21.79 dollars. Devs usually do a discount on Steam and GOG at launch, that's why it is cheaper at the moment.

Perhaps the game is actually good, but that would be a first in a long time, seeing how Spacebase DF9 was shit, Hack'n'Slash was shit, and Broken Age as well was mild shit.
So I put my words agains yours, and say that DF9 is not shit, Hack n Slash is not shit and Brokan Age is definitely not shit.
You need to be a special kind of masochist to just keep defending them at this point. Bankruptcy is just the logical conclusion for such a stupid and mismanaged company
Solution for what? To people lose their jobs? If you don't like their games, don't play them and don't buy them. They won't hurt you anyway.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
You need to be a special kind of masochist to just keep defending them at this point. Bankruptcy is just the logical conclusion for such a stupid and mismanaged company
Solution for what? To people lose their jobs? If you don't like their games, don't play them and don't buy them. They won't hurt you anyway.
He said conclusion, not solution, ya clod.

buzz

Arcane
What fucking devs puts discounts AT FUCKING LAUNCH? They literally made the game cheaper AT LAUNCH than for the people who trusted them and gave them 20 bucks years ago. Oh my god J_C, shut your fucking face already.

It's not my word against yours, you moron. It's the literal result of what happened, from the unfavorable Steam reviews to the experience people had while playing their games.

You yourself said that Euro Truck Simulator has overwhelmingly positive reviews. For Double Fine, only Psychonauts has Overwhelming. Hack'n'Slash has mixed reviews, DF9 has very negative. Everything else is just mildly positive, which fits except with Broken Age which was a big overall disappointment.

:what: how the fuck do you even breathe with so much Double Fine cock in your mouth? "They only ripped the customers once, so it's fine." Double Fine :argh:

Lucky

Arcane
What scummy things did they do? I know about the Spacebase DF9 mishandling, but that felt more like them misjudging Early Access and making promises they couldn’t keep, rather than active malice. I haven’t heard about anything else that would qualify.

More importantly, is the game worth playing? Any impressions?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's shit from a purely gameplay perspective.

Also, Schafer is the kind of douchebag that makes Bobby Kotick look sane and likeable by comparison

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
What fucking devs puts discounts AT FUCKING LAUNCH? They literally made the game cheaper AT LAUNCH than for the people who trusted them and gave them 20 bucks years ago.
Like, a lot? Just look at the new releases page on steam. Not the AAA devs, but the indies do it a lot.
Oh my god J_C, shut your fucking face already.
Or what? you gonna insult me? Wait, I go and slit my wrist.

It's not my word against yours, you moron. It's the literal result of what happened, from the unfavorable Steam reviews to the experience people had while playing their games.

You yourself said that Euro Truck Simulator has overwhelmingly positive reviews. For Double Fine, only Psychonauts has Overwhelming. Hack'n'Slash has mixed reviews, DF9 has very negative. Everything else is just mildly positive, which fits except with Broken Age which was a big overall disappointment.
So they have a great game (Psychonauts), a mixed (HnS), which does not equal shit, a very negative (DF9) which has more to do with the bad rep of the game, than the quality, and other mildly positive ones (which again does not equal shit). Of course with your IQ, you can only use a 2 range scale: shit, mildly shit.
how the fuck do you even breathe with so much Double Fine cock in your mouth? "They only ripped the customers once, so it's fine." Double Fine
But but but, I thought these are just videogames, why would you take it so seriously. :(

More importantly, is the game worth playing? Any impressions?
It's not too complex, like the rest of DF games, but it is a nice tactical game, which some unique gameplay elements (heroes have a bloodline and pass down their talents to their offsprings for examle). For a budget title, it's OK.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex

Seriously, the only fucking advantage for giving them 20 bucks back when it was launched was a "forum badge". How can anyone defend that kind of behavior?

Woah!:O Didn't even notice this. Definitely disgusting from DF.:S

Now, of course I don't expect any dev to be giving away their proposed games for peanuts @ kickstarters, but there still needs to be a substantial discount for any and all backers.:S It's only fair. A 5% or 10% pre-order-style discount doesn't cut it. You're asking people to take a giant leap of faith FFS, asking them to pitch in for something that won't be out for years if at all. Fuck new customers, there wouldn't be any new customers if there were no backers from the get go.:S And then DF do this!?:D 'Thanks, suckers!' basically.

buzz

Arcane
What scummy things did they do?
Selling a half-finished game to fund the next section while directly asking for money in another kickstarter campaign for a different game altogether.
Being an asshole to customers, calling them names, arguing with them on twitters and so on. Refusing to give back money. Felipe can attest to that.
Wasting 4 million dollars on a shitty adventure game where pretty much everyone did much more complex and interesting games with a smaller amount of money. Our money, by the way.

What fucking devs puts discounts AT FUCKING LAUNCH? They literally made the game cheaper AT LAUNCH than for the people who trusted them and gave them 20 bucks years ago.
Like, a lot? Just look at the new releases page on steam. Not the AAA devs, but the indies do it a lot.
How many of them are games funded by Kickstarter where the discount price (at launch) is smaller than the money they've asked in the campaign? Is it really that hard to understand simple sentences or are you intentionally obtuse just for the sake of trolling?

So they have a great game (Psychonauts), a mixed (HnS), which does not equal shit, a very negative (DF9) which has more to do with the bad rep of the game, than the quality, and other mildly positive ones (which again does not equal shit). Of course with your IQ, you can only use a 2 range scale: shit, mildly shit.
That's how Steam reviews work: Recommended, Not Recommended.

God, you are defending games which everyone is telling you they are shit, by arguing they are not AS SHIT as everyone thinks they are. How low can you fucking stoop?

Look up the pages for Hack'n'Slash, for Spacebase DF9, for Broken Age. The most "helpful" reviews are all negative, they all shit on the games for one reason or another. This is not up for debate, they suck.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Look up the pages for Hack'n'Slash, for Spacebase DF9, for Broken Age. The most "helpful" reviews are all negative, they all shit on the games for one reason or another. This is not up for debate, they suck.
Hack and slash has mixed reviews, which means that there are people who recommend it and others don't. No, the most helpful reviews are not negative as a rule of thumb, they are on both end of the spectrum. What is so hard to grasp here? And many negative reviewers only played for less than an hour and they could judge it with basicly not experiencing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom