Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Incoming another decline from what remains of Bioware! :popamole:

I'm not sure we can even call it "decline" at this point. It will probably be a mess that can't even be called a properly executed game, which is kind of the prerequisite to be together enough to influence the genre into a decline.
Anthem-Haluk.jpg

thesecret1

Arcane
lmao even the fatbois have danger hair

g5WiZ0i.png
I wonder what being a rebel is like in such places.
"Whoa, look at that punk. A collared shirt, a pressed suit, non-dyed hair... I'd never dare dress like that, has he no shame?"
"He must be swimming in pussy, going for all them wild stay at home, christian girls. I bet he even goes to church to pray with them, the degenerate fiend."
"I hate the bastard, but you gotta give it to him, he's got some balls. Imagine, he said "Good morning, officer" in public! People were so shocked they didn't even call him a racist."

Last edited:

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
"FAMILY"
Fuck off already.
Where is the fckn Dark Gritty fantasy? I don't want your 1000 generic garbage stories about lovers, relationship and garbage. Where is mah! Darkness!!!

Now that Gamers are Dads and Teddy Bears you have to Adapt to the Market, baybay

I still remember in BG2 you could pop a baby in the inventory, that shit was disturbing when I was 14. I don't know man, I wasn't ready

I still am not and never will be, that shit takes space for my phallic swords which is entirely inappropriate

Terra

Cipher
So that blue haired dude is Weekes, huh. Explains a lot.

Whole IP has basically become a car crash in motion that you can't look away from. Much like with what's happened with Star Wars, it's been a real eye opener in terms of the dangers of giving people that weren't guiding the original entries of franchises carte blanche over your IP. With most of the guys that crafted the original and shaped it into something promising having moved on, those that are left pretty much cashing pay cheques, there's not much to be excited for outside the steady decline of something that was originally promising.

Same thing is about to happen with Larian, BG3 will overreach, graphically it will step up to a more cinematic focus, you will attract this type of audience to your game and it will begin an unfortunate death spiral.

The whole failure of multi-part stories like this one have really made me appreciate once-and-done approaches, instead of some dipshit deciding 10 years later that new players and trannies are more important than finishing the story properly and getting to fuck up the character arcs made by their betters through unhappy chance.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh being edgy muh grimdark games doesn't necessarily mean the game will be better writing-wise, not that nuBioware set a high bar of expectation of course. Dark Fantasy is overused in fiction the past few years because everybody wants to have shit "mature" fantasy so good riddance.

This is probably nu Bioware last chance at the eyes of EA, right? After the shitstrom that is Anthem (which still kinda dead today, whereas FO76 bounced back decently even though their launch is quire close IIRC). If this game bombed Bioware is probably dead. I guess they still have SWTOR, but not sure how much money it is making as the content for SWTOR is dropping at speed of a nail.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
So many feelies, so little substance.

I like to think that just out of shot, behind these impassioned fools giving their shallow little spiels on creativity and empowerment are all the cowed developer slaves who've been chained to their desks in endless crunch since Inquisition.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
With all those producers and associate producers and game directors and creative directors and lead writers and god knows what else....is this gonna be another Anthem-like clusterfuck where they spend the first three years arguing over what kind of game it was even supposed to be?

ADL

Prophet
How much resources were spent on transporting a camera crew to follow game developers walking around the wilderness for a flashy "inside look at the development" of a fucking video game?

Goddamn it. Fuck modern AAA Western game development so much. Especially knowing customers will pay all related expenses for their "inspirational" company trip or whatever the fuck this is.

BUT WILL IT BE BETTER THAN BG3???
Baldur's Gate 3 will be the greatest RPG since Ultima VII so I'm guessing not a chance. Stay mad RWTP nerds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom