Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
And people thought DA2's style was exaggerated. This is ridiculous.

Look at that woman standing on her tippy toes like a ballerina. (That is a woman, right?)

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
To be fair, DA:O concept art wasn't something to write home about either but this is just fucking awful.
Still more of a realist style instead of the caricatural armors from DA2 onwards with their elongated geometric shapes. Not to mention the absolute travesty of Colgate-using Darkspawn.

Art-style aside, what the fuck is going on in that scene?
Looks like DA4 is going to be some battle-royale shit, with everyone fighting everyone at the same time all over the place.

Vatnik Wumao
Looks like DA4 is going to be some battle-royale shit, with everyone fighting everyone at the same time all over the place.
Maybe they ripped off took inspiration from Larian's multileveled terrain for BG3.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Are there really people that didn't hate DAO ugly armours

DGysSgp.png

W7tMXHq.png

R0SqM84.png

lVCsn2Q.png

Z7ETFjR.png

At least Inquisition had some sets that looked decent DAO had zero

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
DAO had mostly mediocre armors, but done in a serviceable realist(ish) style. DA2+ had none of that. Only good armor in DAI was the Templar one for warriors and arguably some of the Warden ones, while the others were simply shit visually.

Also, DAO's Legion of the Dead set (& the other standard Dwarven heavy armors of which it was a variant) was great:
iu

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
To be fair, DA:O concept art wasn't something to write home about either but this is just fucking awful.
Still more of a realist style instead of the caricatural armors from DA2 onwards with their elongated geometric shapes. Not to mention the absolute travesty of Colgate-using Darkspawn.

It looks like a heist, I think the crow looking fuckers are a thieves guild raiding a theatre (?) for some reason.
It has some JRPG vibes, but I think this new glossy fantasy art style is just the new status quo for Western fantasy. It looks like a modern MTG card, and that sure is decline.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
DAO had mostly mediocre armors, but done in a serviceable realist(ish) style. DA2+ had none of that. Only good armor in DAI was the Templar one for warriors and arguably some of the Warden ones, while the others were simply shit visually.

Also, DAO's Legion of the Dead set (& the other standard Dwarven heavy armors of which it was a variant) was great:
iu
DAO had a lot of good armours,there was no clear best one. Also it looked pretty good if you like realism.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I just realised Bioware are racists because that woman has fair skin when Antivan crows all had olive skin

XbRY7K7.png

XcykQ2K.png

someone needs to post this resetera and cancel these white washing bigots
:argh:

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
Very funny, you just nitpicked the tumblr one. Otherwise it was ok even if massive decline compared to even DA:O. Some eastern vibes already overall, some particular like this one as if taken out from anime:
Dragon_Age_Inquisition_Concept_Art_MR17_Coronation.jpg

Color palette has nothing to do with DA:O of course but few new ones from DA4 are even worse, by far.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It could end up well if they let you ally with the glorious patriarch and the Byzantines while killing and enslaving all the infidels scum. A great da game will be to play as that byzantines going west and east,crushing the disgusting chantry heretic whores and the kebab hordes to the east.

Falksi

Arcane

iu
DAO had a lot of good armours,there was no clear best one. Also it looked pretty good if you like realism.

Aye. I was just about to say that I found the some of armor sets in DA:O great. Just a few random pics:

Lcmh0kB.jpg

g4pXTx0.jpg

k7fVsP8.png

LoAEj9a.png

kNqabLS.jpg

TzEr6jz.png

Nice blend of realism and fantasy.

Legion of the Dead obviously a fantastic set too.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Man! That art looks so damn good. A bloody bloodstain dragon painting a lone warrior in a death-filled battlefield. Also hot witch, all contrasted against a pure white background. Damn it's good! Game sequels keep losing their edge along the way, I have no idea why! I mean even Mortal Kombat became some wussy garbage now.. when did everyone become wussies..

And let's not forget, DA4 is about fucking family! -_-

Falksi

Arcane
Man! That art looks so damn good. A bloody bloodstain dragon painting a lone warrior in a death-filled battlefield. Also hot witch, all contrasted against a pure white background. Damn it's good! Game sequels keep losing their edge along the way, I have no idea why! I mean even Mortal Kombat became some wussy garbage now.. when did everyone become wussies..

And let's not forget, DA4 is about fucking family! -_-

I do look at that pic and thank God that they moved Morrigan away from an a-typical hot-witch, to the off-center bitch-witch which she became instead.

Claudia's performance was fucking perfect, and having an Aeryn Sun-esq character in there really gave the game some weight.

Damn I'm gonna have to replay this during the Winter months.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom