Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age III: Inquisition Announced - Open Letter From Executive Producer

Murk

Arcane
That new engine part confuses me, why bother when you have a working engine... unless they too got sick of every character model looking like it was slathered in vaseline.

Deleted member 7219

I think BioWare lost their fanbase after ME3. DA2 was poorly received, but ME3 raised a real shitstorm. It'll be interesting to see what happens next to BioWare. Sad, too. They were a great company once.

Erebus

Arcane
It seems nobody knows what to expect from the Draconic Inquisition !

Shadenuat

Arcane
For new engine, I think that is because they want to implement a strong multiplayer in the game. When I mean strong, I mean strong stinky smell, of course.
Are there already topics with speculation about romances? These never cease to amuse me.

Jashiin

Arcane
So ?

iAjVtLQXYtifu.gif

:yeah:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That new engine part confuses me, why bother when you have a working engine... unless they too got sick of every character model looking like it was slathered in vaseline.
Eclipse/Lycium was a shit engine that couldn't stay competitive with other modern console games.

Twinkle

Liturgist
I hope the new engine will let them implement advanced jiggle physics. Amazingly Bioware is still way behind Troika when it comes to lulzy fake boobs.

DemonKing

Arcane
DAII was such a cheap knockoff they will struggle hard to float this turd. A shame really as I found the original DA not terrible (of course it had a lot more development time put into it than the sequel).

Simple advice to the developers: don't reuse the same art assets/level designs over and over again and expect us to be "immersed". Also monsters parachuting into battle out of nowhere doesn't help either.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
IT BEGINS

On a more personal level, DA2 was such a shitty game that it made me re-evaluate my standards of gaming and made me a lot more critical. In a strange way, it actually helped improve myself more than any other game. Hopefully we'll see more people like me abandoning ship and realizing that Bioware is not the company they used to be.

Of course, wishing it to be a good game would be far too hopeful.

I hope the new engine will let them implement advanced jiggle physics. Amazingly Bioware is still way behind Troika when it comes to lulzy fake boobs.

That is the first thing modders will fix.

That's too normal, it will be added last. The first thing modders will fix will be the lack of a 5 foot penis on trolls and the ability for them to rape you mid-combat.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

That is the first thing modders will fix.

That's too normal, it will be added last. The first thing modders will fix will be the lack of a 5 foot penis on trolls and the ability for them to rape you mid-combat.
You mean that won't be there on release? Shit, and I was going to pre-order.
:mhd:

flabbyjack

Arcane
Another bait & switch like DA2, or a labor of love like DA:O? Only time will tell.

Seriously. THIS! All the time everywhere across all sorts of PC games they come up with new engines for sequels, when instead they need to be extending the already-existing engine. I guess it looks better on paper?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Inb4 new engine is revealed as fixed perspective isometric with painted 2D backgrounds, 3D characters and RTwP combat.

Murk

Arcane
Next big twist: Obsidian bought out Bioware... but is later revealed to have been owned by Interplay all along. Herve Caen registeres on Codex. Posts picture of his dick inside the mouth of every Codexer's mom.

Butts. Hurt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom