Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age impressions

Monocause

Arcane
1eyedking said:
Wait, you actually expect me to put effort into writing something good? When half the Codex barely understands what the meaning of irony is?

I remember that pretty much everyone understood what irony was when the topic was on. I also remember how you consistently claimed that it is not so, though I don't remember you exactly proving that you're right. IIRC VD posted a dictionary definition of irony and the quote from DA used the word correctly. Your only response was along the line 'y'all wrong, y'hear?"
Nothing's changed since then, eh?

Nice excuse.

1eyedking said:
Wait, you actually expect me to put effort into writing something good? When half the Codex barely understands what the meaning of irony is?

Oh yeah. Codex.

Move along, nothing to see here. Just the usual "you all retards an i aint bother" thing we mock Volourn for but do it as well.

At least Dicksmoker has the (3) balls to put up the best he can do for criticizing, instead of something he can dismiss as shit if it backfires.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Just the usual "you all retards an i aint bother" thing we mock Volourn for but do it as well."

That's because the Codex (and all the internet including myself) are fucking retards. This is a fact. Nobody nowhere has EVER persuaded someone to like or dislike a game based solely on a post.

If you like a game you like a agme. If you hate a game you hate a game. No matter hwo much discussion/arguing/shitsturbing things.

People seem confused what the interent should be sued for. It shouldbe used for an exchange of opinions and ideas not as some way to brainwash someone to your way of thinking. That's retarded.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Grifthin said:
Hamster said:
Dwarf city is boring. Generic, bland, no sense of a big city, no sidequests, no interesting characters and, once again, arena fights without autosaves. Meh.

Are you Absolutely fucking retarded ? I just finsihed ozammar (after like 8 hours) - there's atleast 2 dozen quests there to do besides the main quest. There's also a whole lot of optional quests - trying to get the City key, releasing a dragon from it's stone prison, Ruck the completely fucking insane cannibal dwarf dude, Releasing a daemon to fight/free it, reforging a sword, recovering Armor.

Fucking retarded liar.

My retarded friend, there is an important difference between "Dwarf city was boring" and "Dwarf city is boring". The second option usually means that the man posting it is playing through the area right now and have not yet finished it.
I have not yet finished Orzammar, i explored all areas of the city and completed the proving. Maybe there indeed will be a lot of interesting quests later on, but i somehow doubt it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Volourn said:
"Just the usual "you all retards an i aint bother" thing we mock Volourn for but do it as well."

That's because the Codex (and all the internet including myself) are fucking retards. This is a fact. Nobody nowhere has EVER persuaded someone to like or dislike a game based solely on a post.

Maybe not a post but certainly more. At least on my own part. I was of the opinion that DA had some pretty retarded writing all over. VD convinced me otherwise. Sure, I still see retarded writing here and there, but I must admit to being biased; VD's arguments were simply the better.

Now, it might not be the norm for people to accept that they're wrong on the webbernets, but you shouldn't give a fuck about that. I'm here for my own sake, nobody else's.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"but you shouldn't give a fuck about that. I'm here for my own sake, nobody else's."

As it should be.

"Now, it might not be the norm for people to accept that they're wrong on the webbernets,"

There is a HUGE difference between being FACTUALLY wrong ie 4+7=15 is wrong. But, claiming DA is NOT factually wrong and it is worthless trying to change the opinion of whoever made that claim.

"I was of the opinion that DA had some pretty retarded writing all over. VD convinced me otherwise. Sure, I still see retarded writing here and there, but I must admit to being biased; VD's arguments were simply the better."

Oh, come on. This doens't even make sense. Let me get this...

1. You thought DA writing sucked.

2. VD convinces you it doesn't suck.

3. You still beleive DA writing sucks.

4. VD arguments were simply 'better'.

WTF?

All he did was spam his OPINION on a couple of LINES. That doesn't prove anything more than someone spamming about a couple of lines that are bad.

Seriosuly, I like DA. I believe DA wiritng is awesome. I can still pick out lines that are shit. That proves nothing.

Even Shakespeare or pick top x writer here writes something shitty even in thier best works - espicially since outside spelling and grammar, writing is mostly opinion shit.

It's why you can have two 'classic' experts where one thinks Shakespeare is DA SHIT and the other thinks Shakespeare is just shit.

l0lz

P.S. If you got brainwashed into thinking what VD does 'cause of a couple of posts you are weak.

"but i somehow doubt it."

Yet, you will no doubt, continue to play the game. HA!

Black Cat

Magister
Did i just got trolled or in this thread is really a guy who thinks writing on the level of This is my sword, slaughterous bloodbathing of hellish raging emo fury, and now you are going to get cut into little, bloody, charred, frozen, disintegrated pieces by it's super duper mega ultra uber tetraelemental magical edge, very retarded fools is cool and intimidating? And that guy more or less mentioned that in almost the same breath he mentioned Shakespeare?

:decline:

Hai guise, whuts goin on dis thread?

My favorite part in the game is when you rape Morrigan. But Zevran was a faggot, so I cut off his head.

ranceawesome.jpg

Monocause

Arcane
1eyedking is, in my opinion, a textbook case proving the strength of autosuggestion. In the "DA leaked" topic his reaction was "Bring it on, I'm ready to rage!". And rage he did.

But seriously, 1eyed, there is stuff in DA that can be criticised - but you seem to lack any moderation on the topic. While some of your critique has merit, you ruin it all by the fact that you keep criticising stuff you really shouldn't; you also criticise it all over the forum. If you'd have halved your posting tempo and stuck with the major issues I'm sure that the reception would be much better.

Right now, however, everything you do points out that you're simply a stalwart hater. Discussing the 'swallowing a great deal' thing is the issue in which it's really apparent. I'm pretty sure everything good that someone would say about DA would meet your fervent disapproval. That's not helping anything.

My advice is - take a deep breath, get a few days off in the DA criticism department and start again. This time criticise select issues with carefully written argumentation. You'll see the results right away.

I could use some more kick ass in my games, too, something like Duke Nukem - level kick ass. "Come on, Morphix, there's only two ways how this can end - and in both of them, you die!"

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
1eyedking said:
Level-scaling just kills this game, as much as it killed Oblivion. I worked my ass off to get to level 16 and everything I find has scaled accordingly. Level 15 bandits, level 14 darkspawn, level 16 hedge wizards.

Come. Fucking. On.

Designers who adopt this "feature" should be forever blacklisted from developing games again. And shame on every soul in the Codex for turning a blind eye on this or actually embracing it.

Well, i cannot say say that it kills the game for me, but level scaled bandits are really pissing me off. Common thug in Orzammar is stronger than champion of the Proving.
:decline:

Demnogonis Saastuttaja said:
I could use some more kick ass in my games, too, something like Duke Nukem - level kick ass. "Come on, Morphix, there's only two ways how this can end - and in both of them, you die!"

There's some truth in that. So many heroes in this day and age are emo-serious, and need to have some tortured past or some shit. Honestly, that's one of the reasons I liked the Witcher. Geralt, for all of the flaws, was that type of guy. He was a badass who fucked bitches and kicked asses.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Volourn said:
Even Shakespeare or pick top x writer here writes something shitty even in thier best works - espicially since outside spelling and grammar, writing is mostly opinion shit.

VS

Clockwork Knight said:
Hai guise, whuts goin on dis thread?

My favorite part in the game is when you rape Morrigan. But Zevran was a faggot, so I cut off his head.

ranceawesome.jpg

I ask you, good citizen of Codex, which is the most reasonable and well thought out post between these two. I believe the answer is quite clear.

Grifthin

Educated
Volourn said:
"releasing a dragon from it's stone prison"

wut?

@ hamster - Well if your still paying through it then you shouldn't fucking say there's not side quests there, now should you ? Perhaps you should have waited till after you fucking finished it before stating something blatantly false. I stand by my previous statement. Retard.

Spoiler below:

It's in the throne room in orzammar. You have to stand one of your characters on pressure plate in the throne room, then another 2 of your characters on 2 more pressure plates near a wall. Then you have to interact with the throne. If you do it realeases a male dragon (the smaller variety, not the high dragon) that you can fight for a nice 2 handed weapon called ummmm "Ageless" I think.

DreadMessiah

Liturgist
Grifthin said:
Volourn said:
"releasing a dragon from it's stone prison"

wut?

@ hamster - Well if your still paying through it then you shouldn't fucking say there's not side quests there, now should you ? Perhaps you should have waited till after you fucking finished it before stating something blatantly false. I stand by my previous statement. Retard.

Spoiler below:

It's in the throne room in orzammar. You have to stand one of your characters on pressure plate in the throne room, then another 2 of your characters on 2 more pressure plates near a wall. Then you have to interact with the throne. If you do it realeases a male dragon (the smaller variety, not the high dragon) that you can fight for a nice 2 handed weapon called ummmm "Ageless" I think.
Yeah I remember hearing the sound and going wtf. Was one of the fun moments in DA. Wish it had more...

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
I'm leaving Orzammar and going to Deep Roads. Promised side quests were nowhere to be seen. Seems like Grifthin is either lying or a complete retard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom