Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

like fucking what? those legenadary, long awaited but never seen in last decade c&c?:lol:

aris

Arcane
  1. Proper overhead view, no health regen, supposedly limited resources and no level scaling. If I hear more if this, I'm going to start fap cautionally. This might be better than DA:O yet, which is the best game bioware has ever made after BG2 (possibly after BG1, they're kind of in a tie).

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
  1. Proper isometric view, no health regen, supposedly limited resources and no level scaling. If I hear more if this, I'm going to start fap cautionally. This might be better than DA:O yet.
It's made by the same people who made DA2 and who perfectly capable of fucking up even a cup of water. It's been written previously in this thread, but it bears repeating - all these things are just means to an end and by themselves do not a good game make, you need a talent for that, not just checking items on the list of "old school."

aris

Arcane
  1. Well, wasteland 2 is made by the same people who made hunted, and classics such as choplifter, and sparkworkz. Though folks here seem to be perfectly happy completely ignoring those facts. Listen, I get what you're saying, and I completely agree that there features alone are not enough to make a good game (though one might think otherwise, when we saw the furios fapping to every imaginable "old school" game kickstarter that came out a year ago), but even though these people made DA2 (and they're not all the same people), and they fucked up, doesn't mean that it's impossible for them to make a decent game.
  2. And bioware has always been about mediocrity, except for that one great game that they made; BG2 (and I'd also add the BG1 expansion to that).

lots of talk about "tactical top-down combat" but I've yet to see it.
Here you go sir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OjMCHnsZg&feature=youtu.be&t=6m53s
:thumbsup:
lots of talk about "tactical top-down combat" but I've yet to see it.
Here you go sir: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3OjMCHnsZg&feature=youtu.be&t=6m53s
Code:
wow
      camera locked on cursor
               such tactical view      wow
      watch out for trap!
  so deep    wow
        command one character at a time    
inquisition has saved rpgs
       wow
i would like to see your post if they did not include tactical view in da:i. what would you whine about than?:roll:

bioware couple months ago:
>health regen, no tactical view, level scaling, shitty graphics, forced human protagonist, unlimited/stacked resources/potions, shitty and bugged save imports, we want call of duty audience

codex:
bioware is over, no one care about them, i fuckin hate level scaling, health regen/spamming potions kill muh tactics, where is my tactical view with that console camera angle i aint see a shit, da2 looks worse than witcher 1, i killed zevran and he shows up in da2, fucking dialog wheel with it unclear answers i wanted to suck anders cock and instead of that i asked for anal sex, why do they care about call of duty when torment/bg2 is what i fuckingl crave for....:rage:

bioware now:
> answers to all above and additonally no more teleporting enemies, no loads screens, destructible enviromnet and fucking forstbite 3 engine, smal shit details like your character slowing down when going up hill and stumbling if you fight in a fucking mud, they postpone release date for about a fucking year to implement all that shit

codex:
who cares about fucking level scalling:rpgcodex:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1. Proper isometric view, no health regen, supposedly limited resources and no level scaling. If I hear more if this, I'm going to start fap cautionally. This might be better than DA:O yet.
It's made by the same people who made DA2 and who perfectly capable of fucking up even a cup of water. It's been written previously in this thread, but it bears repeating - all these things are just means to an end and by themselves do not a good game make, you need a talent for that, not just checking items on the list of "old school."
And even those checkboxes probably will be lies marketing speak.
jscQZLx.jpg

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
DAO was the first BioWare game that I didn't finished, and DA2 was the second. Inquisition will most certainly be the third. Frostbite looks gorgeous but gameplay is shit and I am certain that writing will be shit as well. That's the biggest problem of DA series - impossibly retarded writing. Even Mass Effect was better.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
  1. Well, wasteland 2 is made by the same people who made hunted, and classics such as choplifter, and sparkworkz. Though folks here seem to be perfectly happy completely ignoring those facts. Listen, I get what you're saying, and I completely agree that there features alone are not enough to make a good game (though one might think otherwise, when we saw the furios fapping to every imaginable "old school" game kickstarter that came out a year ago), but even though these people made DA2 (and they're not all the same people), and they fucked up, doesn't mean that it's impossible for them to make a decent game.
  2. And bioware has always been about mediocrity, except for that one great game that they made; BG2 (and I'd also add the BG1 expansion to that).
TBH I am not that much invested in W2 as some people here (Fargo's previous games play some part in that), but the fact that it's a reasonably budgeted TB game, which even now is still a rarity on PC, means I am willing to risk a bit optimism. I would get interested even in Inquisition, if they announced a switch to turn based combat (although less so, because Fargo at least worked on a TB game before, not so with the Bioware chuckleheads).

And for me the latest efforts from Bio have not even reached the mediocrity level. DA:O? Yes. NWN with all expansions included? Yes. DA2? HAHA, get out.

Rake

Arcane
Tactical view? :incline:
Game just moved from "pirated" to will buy depending on (codex/gamebansee) reviews.
Not that they will have good gameplay, but my tolerance for bad gameplay is high for isometric games. I finished Witcher 1 only because of the pseudo isometric camera, and DA:I seems to have a way better view than that.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Read a preview in my local gaming rag. Game is fully linear. Whatever slight flicker of interest I had was immediately gone.

What do you mean, "fully linear"? Not even collect the four artifacts non-linearity?

Liston

Augur
Just a friendly reminder about Bioware marketing. They claim for their every game that they are going to introduce "old school" elements, unlike in their previous game because they learned from their mistakes. I'm just waiting for the "this time choices truly matter" line, but they are probably saving that as an ace up their sleeve to be used when game is closer to release.

Here is a marketing video for DA2:

They dedicated half of their DA2 video to showing tactical combat while in this DA:I presentation tactical combat gets just a minor mention at the end. But people are somehow still expecting that DA:I will have more emphases on tactical combat than DA2 even though marketing clearly shows otherwise. They just used door-to-the-face technique by not confirming that they will have top-down view and party control and because of that now everybody is happy that they included something that should be expected feature.

Edit: FFS DA:O was marketed as spiritual successor to BG series, and just 2 games after that people are clapping because of "isometric" camera while ignoring shity controls made for joystick. It's depressing.

Last edited:

aris

Arcane
And for me the latest efforts from Bio have not even reached the mediocrity level. DA:O? Yes. NWN with all expansions included? Yes. DA2? HAHA, get out.
  1. Let me restate: Bioware is all abot mediocricy or lower.
  2. Bottom line is, they might make a decent game, but don't hold your breath.
  3. also, bioware making a TB game is never ever going to happen methinks, but pausable realtime is good too, just look at all the infinity engine games.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Edit: FFS DA:O was marketed as spiritual successor to BG series, and just 2 games after that people are clapping because of "isometric" camera while ignoring shity controls made for joystick. It's depressing.
Those people were clapping over every little thing. Shit is painful to listen to. They cheer every time the Scorpion attack is used.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom