Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-the-eluvian-is-the-veil-the-warden-s-real-name-is-sirius-black-956e9b.jpg

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Given their audience Bioware's answear to "you can climb it" should be "you can fuck it".

OR:

Fantasy, for us, is a gay on trannyback running around and chopping that meat things.

7/10

Learned
What if Bioware made a game, where the only romance option was a female dwarf and additional waifus were only available as pricy DLCs?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
What if Bioware made a game, where the only romance option was a female dwarf and additional waifus were only available as pricy DLCs?
I don't see the problem with a female dwarf, they're exactly like humans except they're the perfect height.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So my impreshuns:

- audience sounds like Americans at a game con, and?
- the combat seems to be tactical AND visceral at the same time; well, at least the tactical element was preserved; I dislike the "visceraly" exagarated combat movements speed but I'm certainly not surprised :(
- the destructibility is just a gimmick, not giving a fuck :|
- art direction is generic but not rage inducing :| (flaming sword is cool though)
- there is no automatic healt regen :)
- limited resources :)
- seamless world, no loadscreens :)
- no enemy level scaling :D
- no demented corridors anymore :Yeeeeaaaah!:

No details about character development, but not holding any breath, dumbing down inevitable.
All in all, it could be a pretty playable console RPG.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like you don't want a Bioware game.

This is a common issue.

Top men are working around the clock to fix it.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I gave them honest feedback. It would be cool if Bioware could make good RPGs. I doubt they'll listen to me though because I'm no longer part of their target audience.

Caim

Arcane
Filled that shit out.

I can already predict it will be used by developers to justify their descisions when it comes to the stupid stuff, so I filled in that they should cut that shit out.

Akratus

Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Filled it in also. Here's my comment at the end:

"Challenge does not imply high hp levels of enemies. The most important aspect of game challenge is deadliness of combat, requiring tactical thinking to get through situations.

Also, if you want me to give a shit about combat in the first place make sure you're not making a tolkien ripoff populated with disney characters. I care about quality first and foremost. If you want my purchase and respect, you should get back into your Mass Effect 1 mindset. Even then I must say you have gaping flaws in design. Main characters shouldn't be called awesome and super capable in the first few minutes. Ever heard of character progression?

Antagonists are just as important as main characters. Do not relegate them to the background as you did in ME2.

That whole game was incoherent and badldy written. Killing off the main character at the start, only for it not to mean a thing? Contradicting yourself when you try to fix your bad mistakes in the sequel by saying that shepard still had his helmet, when that is a COLLECTIBLE in ME2? I could go on and on, but I don't think it's any use. I can only give you the advise to fire your entire writing department as well as all lead designers, and get some people in there who can think for themselves and care for quality first and foremost."

Akratus

Patron
Yeah, I wouldn't have filled it in either since it's quite a silly survey. But I was bored.
It's telling that they don't have an option for good writing, but they do have one for 'epic storyline'. :nocountryforshitposters:

Oesophagus

Arcane
Yeah, I wouldn't have filled it in either since it's quite a silly survey. But I was bored.
It's telling that they don't have an option for good writing, but they do have one for 'epic storyline'. :nocountryforshitposters:

Doesn't matter if it's well written as long as you can save the known universe with your magical penis that everyone wants

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom