Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Pre-Release Thread

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RPS: That’s good, because I think my favorite choices in games didn’t telegraph their outcomes. I had to chew them in my mind over and over and over. And even then, I was like, “Well, a bunch of things could happen! There is no right answer.” I’ve stopped playing games for days because of choices like that, just to mull them over. I seriously love it when that happens.
:retarded:
As if that has ever happened. It's a video game, it can be replayed. And how fun could not playing the game be :lol: And then Laidlaw goes on to suggest the Kaidan/Ashley choice was well done, holy shit. Part 2 should be hilarious.

2house2fly

Magister
Vivienne's a hothouse plant, while Cassandra's a bruiser to rival Private Vasquez - but they compliment each other nicely in the fray. At one point during our demo, Vivienne rattled out a textbook analysis of a coming battle. "They will send in their expendable units first," she lisped. "To us they're all expendable, my dear", brayed Cassandra
Cool, your new companions include a plant and a donkey

Lhynn

Arcane
Could someone do a tl;dr of all the shit they are promising for DA:I? Feels like the kidnapped someone from the codex, drugged him and tried to make sense of whatever he was saying, while at the same time trying to streamline it. But the attention ive been giving to this has been non-existant really. Just asking because what i have read about it hasnt been disgusting, and that is kind of worrying when we are talking about BW.

random_encounter

Educated
RPS did an interview with Laidlaw, where, among other things, it looks like he's taking a piss out of PE's and T:ToN mega-dungeons.
bppvhpk.png

[src]

That's...a lot of words to explain basic dungeon mastering concepts like "setting the mood" or "atmosphere". Because it's Bioware, though, it has to be new to everyone else, right?

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
Could someone do a tl;dr of all the shit they are promising for DA:I? Feels like the kidnapped someone from the codex, drugged him and tried to make sense of whatever he was saying, while at the same time trying to streamline it. But the attention ive been giving to this has been non-existant really. Just asking because what i have read about it hasnt been disgusting, and that is kind of worrying when we are talking about BW.
I think it's something along the lines of "Tactical slow paced, fast action fevered combat. Choices that matter (you get to kill all the people they retconned from the previous games again). A five minute interlude with Morigan. And plenty of DLC."

abija

Prophet
Normal = wussy. Doesn't count.
Did the same on nightmare after like 10-15% into the game. Most of the time it was 3 ranged AI assisting my 2h PC (iirc you can set them to dispatch low rank enemies first then assist your char and that pretty much handles most of the fights). Had Isabela in party for a while but she would spend every fight dead due to splash from my char and hardly worth the micromanagement.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
http://biowarebase.nerdappropriate.com/
Crafting is complicated - runes adding stats and effects to your weapons! You can CUSTOMIZE your armor!!!!! New options to choose COLOURS!
On other - you now gather materials, like nug skins.
Crafting is restricted to "crafting tables" - alchemy labs etc. with special people assigned to each.
"You'll get more the more you use it" - looks like Skyrim leveling system is in.
Mages can wear heavy armor.
Mirror that can change you appearance in-game(from black Emporium in DA2) is in.

Athelas

Arcane
Well, that was disappointing. I thought they'd talk in-depth about all their new romances and the fetish fuel that comes with them.

Laidlaw still trying to prove his RPG cred by refering Torment? It's like watching a prepubescent girl stuff her bra with watermalons.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Why are you getting angry? you should be laughing at that tard. I know he is laughing himself, hes actually getting paid for that shit.
Unless you still harbor some kind of hope :retarded:

You know when you sometimes feel embarrassed by what a character is doing on TV? l

That is what i feel when i read anything that dumbfuck says.

Well, that was disappointing. I thought they'd talk in-depth about all their new romances and the fetish fuel that comes with them.

Laidlaw still trying to prove his RPG cred by refering Torment? It's like watching a prepubescent girl stuff her bra with watermalons.
Laidlaw probably does that...being the massive faggot that he is. (Sorry to the fabulous bros of Codexia)

Lhynn

Arcane
:rpgcodex: Fuck it, im not gonna compliment anyone else on their post till i can brofist.

Why are you getting angry? you should be laughing at that tard. I know he is laughing himself, hes actually getting paid for that shit.
Unless you still harbor some kind of hope :retarded:

You know when you sometimes feel embarrassed by what a character is doing on TV? l

That is what i feel when i read anything that dumbfuck says.
TBH, I have no hope....just massive amounts of butthurt...which disappeared when they did a volteface: Oh noes...we totally care about AAR PEE GEES. Where is that IGN review of DA2 now.. 10/10 wasn't it? :smug:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Damn I hate how he talks
"I I I I I I" "SHE THAT IT" "OOh" "OOOOOooh" "Cool cool" [obligatory PST reference]
it gives me shivers, like I'm a cat soaked in water and want to get that shit off me right now

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom