Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Zeriel

Arcane
Big tiddy goth gfs are hardly crazy witches.

Facetiously: have you met goth girls? Cluster personalities are very common. Taking this more seriously, when people say "goth gfs" they don't really mean specifically into goth subculture, just some girl who is curvy, white, cakes on makeup and eyeliner and wears black fetishy clothing. That's about it, and the aesthetic can be found in lots of places.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Facetiously: have you met goth girls? Cluster personalities are very common. Taking this more seriously, when people say "goth gfs" they don't really mean specifically into goth subculture, just some girl who is curvy, white, cakes on makeup and eyeliner and wears black fetishy clothing. That's about it, and the aesthetic can be found in lots of places.
Subculture or not, girls of this type are usually unstable, depressed and infantile. Like most intense-looking people over the age of fifteen. Normal people (most of the time) are boring and look boring.

Zeriel

Arcane

Subculture or not, girls of this type are usually unstable, depressed and infantile. Like most intense-looking people over the age of fifteen. Normal people (most of the time) are boring and look boring.

I'll grant the most of the time. I've known people who were very normal but just liked dolling themselves up or dressing exotically from time to time for fun, though. Basically no different from Halloween costumes at adult parties.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

I'll grant the most of the time. I've known people who were very normal but just liked dolling themselves up or dressing exotically from time to time for fun, though. Basically no different from Halloween costumes at adult parties.

Of course. Sometimes a "subcultural" appearance is the result of the environment or an individual situation.

But admit it - women like Morrigan are unstable, manipulative witches.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
I just don't want to hear anyone bitching and moaning about women behaving badly and breaking their hearts after insisting on dating a woman who is wearing the official crazy bitch uniform. You were given fair warning.

Elttharion

Learned
New white pill just dropped.
Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

White+vivienne+mod_459afc_9474303.jpg
As far as I remember, there wasn't an actual mod, or at least I never gave enough of a shit about the awful companions to do anything but bind companion chatter to toggle on a key press just so I could hear more than 0.1% of it.

That was just a photoshop of vivian, it was originally posted on 4chan along with a white version of josephine, the gay mage who's name I can't remember, and cassandra. I think someone also made sera not ugly.

I know this because I used the images to get my account banned from the BSN by spamming them everywhere, though bioware shut down their forums a year or two later anyways.
Maybe I am already showing signs of dementia in my old age and misremembered it. Thanks for the info tho.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Its impossible to find this mod anywhere, I remember using it when I played the game but now all I can find are a bunch of blog posts bitching about it. Based mods only has the white Isabela one.

As far as I remember, there wasn't an actual mod, or at least I never gave enough of a shit about the awful companions to do anything but bind companion chatter to toggle on a key press just so I could hear more than 0.1% of it.

That was just a photoshop of vivian, it was originally posted on 4chan along with a white version of josephine, the gay mage who's name I can't remember, and cassandra. I think someone also made sera not ugly.

I know this because I used the images to get my account banned from the BSN by spamming them everywhere, though bioware shut down their forums a year or two later anyways.
Maybe I am already showing signs of dementia in my old age and misremembered it. Thanks for the info tho.
I remember installing mods to make the other female NPCs less ugly. Like removing the big scar from Cassandra.
There was also an interview with some Bioware guy that talked about how he made sure that all the female NPCs had at least some flaws to make them not too good looking.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Making Vivian black is kinda based on Bioware's part. They dropped the whole "like france" act in DA:O and just made them fully french in DA:I (Randomly saying french words in dialogue, what kind of shit is that?). In fact, French THEDAS is too white considering France's current demographics. Just like how the 2 hedonistic faggots in DA:O were sex freaks, it just makes sense.

Zeriel

Arcane

I remember installing mods to make the other female NPCs less ugly. Like removing the big scar from Cassandra.
There was also an interview with some Bioware guy that talked about how he made sure that all the female NPCs had at least some flaws to make them not too good looking.

Yeah they did the same thing in all their modern games. Andromeda had a big blowup over the female version of the main character because there were photos of the IRL model that was used to generate the 3D model, and it was explicitly clear they made her uglier on purpose.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah they did the same thing in all their modern games. Andromeda had a big blowup over the female version of the main character because there were photos of the IRL model that was used to generate the 3D model, and it was explicitly clear they made her uglier on purpose.
It was their reliance on just using facial scanning software to generate characters as mandated from the board of directors who thought it should be good enough because they spent money licensing the technology. Even the b team freshly graduated game developers they had making Andromeda asked to be allowed to work on animations and models and were told no. Then only allowed to do some light touch up corrective work after release because the higherups were not enjoying all the memery the bad modelling and animations were generating after launch. Granted there was additional ESG efforts in populating the galaxy as this was a montreal developed game.

Zeriel

Arcane
It was their reliance on just using facial scanning software to generate characters as mandated from the board of directors who thought it should be good enough because they spent money licensing the technology. Even the b team freshly graduated game developers they had making Andromeda asked to be allowed to work on animations and models and were told no. Then only allowed to do some light touch up corrective work after release because the higherups were not enjoying all the memery the bad modelling and animations were generating after launch. Granted there was additional ESG efforts in populating the galaxy as this was a montreal developed game.

Nah, I am pretty sure they specifically said they edited the result and there were screenshots of the original scan that looked much prettier than the final model. I mean... look at Mass Effect 1. They literally used a male underwear model for the face of original Shepard, somehow had no problem with the technology back then, but now they can't do it? It's just not believable.

Modron

Arcane
An artist and animator modelled shep's face towards the likeness of an existing person, in andromeda they just had hardware/software sweet scan them and plop out characters with mixed results at the behest of the money people.

Tyrr

Liturgist
For some strange reason the facial scanning worked just fine with the male main character.

9ted6

Educated

Subculture or not, girls of this type are usually unstable, depressed and infantile.
Men see booba and that's all we need.

Elttharion

Learned
Female Ryder comparison:
J3v9rge.jpg

C1f7E00VEAAqC48

Male x female, the dude is almost identical.

J3vFTsR.png

Allegedly they changed the face with a day one patch (left is new, right is supposedly before patching. Some said its a bug that pulls the old model or mixes the male and female faces somehow):

bryRHOX.jpeg

Cutscene before and after the patch:

qt7BFiN.jpeg

GKnZiiK.jpeg

From this video. If you watch it the facial animations look miles better in the 'glitched' face, so my guess is that somehow the guy bugged his game and pulled an older build of the model. Bioware decided to change the face late in development. I do have a disc copy of the game but I dont have my ps4 on hand, or the desire to polute my console with this game. IIRC Bioware never commented on the matter and a quick google search could only find some articles based in the video with no followup. Does anyone knows if this was debunked?

J1M

Arcane
There's no mystery. It's always the same situation as Fable 3. Some trans artist edited the model to look more like themselves under the guise of eliminating the male gaze aka making it less attractive.

I'm not saying that it was done by Corinne Busche personally, but you can be assured that when it happens again on Dragon Age 4 she's not going to make the artist revert the female faces back to the scanned version.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
elf god phylacteries
Why did these phylacteries convince seven Tevinter magisters to open a portal into the Golden City?
To free them from their wack ass crystal fade prison.
The dragon gods were trapped in a crystal fade prison??

Is there any solid source that sheds any more light on the Tevinter dragon gods? I feel like it's a part of the lore that has been losing touch with the rest of the setting.

Camel

Scholar
Female Ryder comparison:
J3v9rge.jpg

C1f7E00VEAAqC48

Male x female, the dude is almost identical.

J3vFTsR.png

Allegedly they changed the face with a day one patch (left is new, right is supposedly before patching. Some said its a bug that pulls the old model or mixes the male and female faces somehow):

bryRHOX.jpeg

Cutscene before and after the patch:

qt7BFiN.jpeg

GKnZiiK.jpeg

From this video. If you watch it the facial animations look miles better in the 'glitched' face, so my guess is that somehow the guy bugged his game and pulled an older build of the model. Bioware decided to change the face late in development. I do have a disc copy of the game but I dont have my ps4 on hand, or the desire to polute my console with this game. IIRC Bioware never commented on the matter and a quick google search could only find some articles based in the video with no followup. Does anyone knows if this was debunked?
ME3 thanks to Casey Hudson was the last one BioWare made a concession to the so-called “male gaze” with Ashley. Since Andromeda we get ugly women and abominations because of feminist infestation.
how-to-romance-peebee-in-mass-effect-andromeda.jpg

Last edited:
didn't they based off the original femshep for ME3 on a trans girl or something? they certainly made Ashley look like a drag queen.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Subculture or not, girls of this type are usually unstable, depressed and infantile.
Men see booba and that's all we need.

Well, the truth is, I can tell what a bad woman is, but a penis...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom