Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
So, what will be the new trendy combat system that Bioware would implement this time to maximize the appeal of casuals? Turn based or soulslike with infinite respawning?

Devil May Cry buttfucks Bayonetta, you kill turdspawns by mashing that X button.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The best era of gaming is long gone and will never come back - every day just confirms that it's in a downward spiral for a long time. The quicker we deal with it, the quicker we reach serenity.
Nah, gaming is great nowadays, you just won't find it amongst AAA studios/games, it's indies and small studios.

motherfucker

Educated
"Get in loser, we're going veilguarding"
z9VdO4E.png

Warrax

Barely Literate
The lame superficial one-liners in that trailer sound like there was a design committee where they made a list of what people said they liked about Dragon Age, and someone added "companion banter".

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
Previous darkspawn had horror vibe. This one is more cartoonish and reminds me on LeChuck ... But still I like the world of DA and the gameplay so I don't mind this deviation in art direction, probably budget related.

3zmZsRA.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
Previous darkspawn had horror vibe. This one is more cartoonish and reminds me on LeChuck ... But still I like the world of DA and the gameplay so I don't mind this deviation in art direction, probably budget related.

3zmZsRA.jpg
Honestly, only DAO darkspawn had a good look. It already went downhill with their redesign in 2.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
DA:O's darkspawn looked like they have a certain level of intelligence, partly human-like, while DA2's were very feral, like animals. I don't care enough to have head canon, but I'm going to do Bioware's writers a favor and say darkspawn are mostly feral unless they are being commanded by an Archdemon. Actually, no, Bioware owe me money for that idea.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Well at least Morrigan is confirmed not to be in this garbage, can only imagine how current Bioware would treat her. Now I can just cope and pretend my experience with this franchise ended with Origins.
"Dragon Age Journeys" by "Monsters' Den" developer wasn't half bad too.
What happened to the Monster's Den developer?

So, what will be the new trendy combat system that Bioware would implement this time to maximize the appeal of casuals? Turn based or soulslike with infinite respawning?
The older leak pointed at it being in the style of 2018's God of War, it's gonna be hilarious if it's true

warcrimes666

Scholar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I feel despair. The decline of bioware mirrors the city and the country itself. The 90s were the last gasp of competence and predominately traditional Canadian culture, already a bit cucked, but there was also tons of money going through edmonton in that period due to oil and gas. Edmonton had the largest mall in the world with a roller coaster inside of it. 9/11 happened and destroyed all our futures but also since then about a million somalians and other refuse have been dumped up there shitting up the place for a good 10-15 years now, you would be forgiven to think you were in Sudan save for all the fuckin snow and theres about 20% of the oil money because its been choked to shit and no one allowed to make a buck for some time so no one competent moves there outside of oil and gas and they hate it also and get out quick because it sucks now. The mall im not sure is even open any more but its a big pile of decaying shit in the middle of the city regardless, coupled with ultra liberal street shitting mayors basically its a forced dei death spiral in these places. In short, only the biggest fuckin losers possible would be working in Edmonton for Bioware and we've seen the evidence for more than a decade now.

Its completely dead and never coming back, just like the comfortable and hopeful existence you used to be able to have in Canada. I pray this time these bastards will be on the breadline for good. I left a while ago and live like a king elsewhere but i weep for my country. It stings.

Froila

Educated
Well at least Morrigan is confirmed not to be in this garbage, can only imagine how current Bioware would treat her. Now I can just cope and pretend my experience with this franchise ended with Origins.
Who knows. The last addition to Monsters' Den: Godfall was in 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091060/Monsters_Den_Godfall__Protectorate_Operations/

Sweeper

Arcane
I've read somewhere that the way we construct our sentences is 85% based off of the stuff we read. I don't think it's a particular hot take to consider all creative work as being highly influenced by what the creator has watched, read or listened to.
The trailer was made by adult children who have consumed nothing but Pixar films, reddit, and the worst kind of music the world has ever known... I call it the Taylor Swift effect.
BAN WOMEN FROM THE WORKPLACE!

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Who knows. The last addition to Monsters' Den: Godfall was in 2021.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1091060/Monsters_Den_Godfall__Protectorate_Operations/
Damn. I loved MD, Book and Chronicles. Then, Flash died and can't play them any more.

Godfall is on Steam. Ugh!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom