Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
Quantity over quality.
cyberpunk2077=/=quality better than this sure but this isnt a high bar
DAO worked the same. You could romance Leliana and Zevran with basically anyone, but Morrigan and Alistair were strictly heterosexual and their romance had actual ingame consequences which was cool.

Just noticed I remember characters from DAO which I played like 13 years ago much better than the characters from later installements, including DAI which I played like 3 years ago.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Unaltered google result:

1718133532088.png

Lodis

Educated
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
Because as fanbases became increasingly more faggot filled they became more entitled with gay romance shit. In BioWare’s case over the last several years there has been screeching over straight romances. Like how in Mass Effect all the female companions only put out for Male Shepard minus the blue bitch who puts out for both. Or in Dragon Age the fact that Morrigan or Cassandra are only into men. And then Bg3 came along and made it worse. Now everything has to cater to them or it’s homophobic.

DAO was also a huge disappointment. DA2 was good for what it was,
:nocountryforshitposters::shunthenonbeliever:
DAO was a failed attempt at BG3. DA2 was its own thing. If you expected them both to be BG3 DA2 will obviously disappoint more. But if you just want a fun game to play DA2 is a drunk conga line and DAO is accounting software.
DA2 objectively has no good qualities. Eat shit and die, retard.
DA2's combat is miles above DAO. The companions are slightly better. The story and story structure are much more interesting and original. The advertising cringe (awesome button) is more bearable (THIS IS THE NEW SHIT).
I mean, come on my guy, companions were what, a faggot, a dog-face girl boss, a twink with magic tattoos(?), Merril (lol), and Varric.

A very gripping story of finding a magic rock and then fighting a Frankenstein or crystal hitler after a whiny homo sets off a tactical nuke. Truly an epic for the ages.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I mean, come on my guy, companions were what, a faggot, a dog-face girl boss, a twink with magic tattoos(?), Merril (lol), and Varric.

A very gripping story of finding a magic rock and then fighting a Frankenstein or crystal hitler after a whiny homo sets off a tactical nuke. Truly an epic for the ages.
DA2 is Bioware's best written game with the second-best roster of companions (excluding Sebastian and Fenris) after the BGs.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

DA2 is Bioware's best written game with the second-best roster of companions (excluding Sebastian and Fenris) after the BGs.
"Everything is a catch. Life is a catch! I suggest you catch it ... While you can."

Sweeper

Arcane
DAO was also a huge disappointment. DA2 was good for what it was,
:nocountryforshitposters::shunthenonbeliever:
DAO was a failed attempt at BG3. DA2 was its own thing. If you expected them both to be BG3 DA2 will obviously disappoint more. But if you just want a fun game to play DA2 is a drunk conga line and DAO is accounting software.
DA2 objectively has no good qualities. Eat shit and die, retard.
DA2's combat is miles above DAO. The companions are slightly better. The story and story structure are much more interesting and original. The advertising cringe (awesome button) is more bearable (THIS IS THE NEW SHIT).

The only thing that makes me retarded is that I'm wasting my time replying to someone who is this much of a loser :lol::

caNH11t.png
FUCKING GIGGLESQUEE

The game looked like shit, played like shit, the story and lore changes were shit, the encounter design was shit, the companions were as bad and stereotypical as ever in a modern BioWare Game, IT WASN'T EVEN FUCKING FINISHED BECAUSE THEY KEPT REUSING THE SAME FUCKING MAPS.

I don't know what sorta brain damage you have but I hope you get help.
They were reusing the same maps because... you revisited the same locations. Part of the game structure was having you revisit areas you've been to before as time progressed and new events popped up. As I already said, the game did suffer from a short development window so they didn't have as many locations as they would have if they had gotten the time to do it properly. So not only are you too stupid to understand why the locations are reused (storywise), you are just repeating a development logistics argument I already made.

And I'm done arguing with the mentally disabled, it's demeaning and I have better things to do, you can shout into the void from now on.
You know, we get a lot of retards on here, some ironic, some genuine. Some of them defend Bethesda games. Others love Larian schlock.
I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to defend DA2 on this entire forum.
Congrats bro, you're the DA2 guy now.

Lodis

Educated
Why is this even labeled as an RPG? It looks like you have even less agency over your character’s personality than in Shitquisition. What exactly am I roleplaying as?

Edgetard

Educated
Just noticed I remember characters from DAO which I played like 13 years ago much better than the characters from later installements, including DAI which I played like 3 years ago.
because they didnt suck (key part of the package with characters its why I could play wotr daeran was a good character I actually liked)

9ted6

Educated
In memory of Bioware can we get an emote of this guy's spinning head? Call it I'm Only Human After All
czH6l0w.gif

Aarwolf

Learned
After watching the trailer and seeing some of the promotional images, I came to the conclusion that this will be the new Peebee/Sera of the team, and will be the most annoying person in the team.

8489b101c7b3db84c946527c3d411cf41e2b0a97.jpg

Basically Nenio.

I bet she's they are a furry.

9ted6

Educated
After watching the trailer and seeing some of the promotional images, I came to the conclusion that this will be the new Peebee/Sera of the team, and will be the most annoying person in the team.

DAO: the fade is a frightening place of nightmares
DA4: tentacles gigglesquee

ChildInTime

Savant

Basically Nenio.

At least Nenio had an alright conclusion to her quest and dropped the attitude for a second at the end, this creature won't give you such luxuries.

Aarwolf

Learned

Basically Nenio.

At least Nenio had an alright conclusion to her quest and dropped the attitude for a second at the end, this creature won't give you such luxuries.
I want no luxuries from it, thank you very much.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Is there any explanation for this very specific use and shade of purple these demons use in their corporate slop? It's a shame, purple reminds me of advent candles and warm feelings. This purple though, why? And why is it so many?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom