Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
The companions.
GPq9Ug-XIAAXi0l

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BioWare: Oh, people really don't like our first trailer. Time to up spending on shills and bots by 500%.

BioWare in a few months: What do you mean bots don't buy games?

:popcorn:

Padzi

Arbiter
I dropped by to say that the new team in Dragon Age looks like characters ripped out of an MMO, only good for unlocking skins, and I sincerely don't like them.
Dragon Age: Origins was good in comparison, I'm sorry for judging you very harshly Dragon Age II, Dragon Age: Inquisition though were a mistake. And this is shit too.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All romance-able companions were playersexual in DA2 already, neither BG3 nor Failguard invented this.
I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.

I don't get the appeal of this. In Cyberpunk 2077 romanceable characters had preferences, just like the player. It made these characters more unique and... actually diverse unlike a literal legion of pansexual clones with different skins.
This is not the Bioware way. One of the main complains among hardcore Biowarians is that companions in DA:I were not interested in the player sometimes.

rubinstein

Educated
The companions.
GPq9Ug-XIAAXi0l
what the fuck, they dont really look like adventurers, they look like rich larpers about to discuss their favorite critical role episode

i dont play tbt, i dont really care about any other 'role-playing' media than video games, but i wish the hobby was back in hands of metalheads and 300 lbs perma-neets, and they became the target audience again. the hobby seemed so much healthier back then, and i got so many good games as byproducts.

Padzi

Arbiter
After watching the trailer and seeing some of the promotional images, I came to the conclusion that this will be the new Peebee/Sera of the team, and will be the most annoying person in the team.

8489b101c7b3db84c946527c3d411cf41e2b0a97.jpg

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
The companions.
GPq9Ug-XIAAXi0l
They look fake and unapproachable, I wouldn't know what to say to these people if I saw them congregating somewhere. I'd also be afraid of them trying to lecture me on inclusivity, proper pronoun usage and mindful language.

Don't be so conservative. It's the next level of role-playing.

Vatnik Wumao
Quantity over quality.

Edgetard

Educated
Quantity over quality.
cyberpunk2077=/=quality better than this sure but this isnt a high bar

Vatnik Wumao
Quantity over quality.
cyberpunk2077=/=quality better than this sure but this isnt a high bar
Sure, but that's what the whole playersexual nonsense is all about. Same shit as with the broader dev mentality of streamlining as much of the content as possible since replayability isn't valued as much nowadays.

Drakortha

Liturgist
The Veilguard companions are no less offensive than the ones in BG3. Can someone help me out here with a game of spot the difference?

maxresdefault.jpg

At least 4 of these character archetypes share a close resemblance to the characters in Veilguard. It's got the strong woman with the horns. It's even got the gay wizard with the bleached hair. So why shit on Veilguards characters? Is it because it added an asian woman into the mix? is that what tipped the balance? Or is it because they added pointed ears onto the black guy?

You are all so full of shit. You all have an agenda to crap on this game to save face for Larian, and that's the damn truth. This game is no less woke or made for mass appeal than BG3 was, yet you put that game on a pedestal constantly. You were all going to do this regardless of how Dragon Age turned out because that's what pathetic simps do.

Last edited:

Bulo

Scholar
Fallout: New Vegas except you get a graphic cutscene of the Courier barebacking Raul

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom