Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Can't wait for the Larian fans and redditors to start complaining about the sex acts not being degenerate enough.

"I know I'll be downvoted / hated for what I'll write next, but...", while they perfectly know that their message / opinion is subreddit's consensus.
As opposed to what? The Codex consensus? It's 1:1 exactly the same at this point.

At least Veilguard seems to have an established artstyle. Even if everyone personally dislikes it and thinks it's too cartoony, at least it has it's own sense of style.

BG3 on the other hand was just Original Sin 2 with a de-saturation filter over the top of it to make it feel 35% edgier. It's derivative and ugly as hell. Yet it gets praised to the moon and back around here, just like on reddit.

All these Larian loving faggots should transition to BioWare forums.
codex.png

Old Hans

Arcane
FFS, it's (supposed to be) an RPG. Why would you care about romances?
its the same natural progression of table top rpgs where the focus becomes "here is my level 1 characters 8 page backstory" and Critical Role type gaming that is more focused on group therapy sessions

Stella Brando

Arcane
This sounds like a game about workplace health and safety: "Mate, you're gonna need some railguards on this dragon, I can't approve it without them."

Aluminum_Nonpenetrating_Guardrails_01-700x700.jpg

Last edited:

kapisi

Novice
Bioware should've made a spinoff series of DA visual novels/dating sims to capitalize on the audience they've attracted.

Let the gendermancers cook and eat in a separate kitchen and keep them away from whatever is left of the rpg. Could've been a win-win for everyone.

Poseidon00

Arcane
No save import, just tell the game what you did
Good, Dragon Age Keep was shit to begin with. Seriously, who thought that using an external program that requires an Internet connection to manage save data between games was a good idea?

Yeah there is absolutely no reason that feature couldn't have been included in the game itself. That was peak retard.

Even if DA and Mass Effect didn't do it perfectly, choices carrying over from game to game, including major ones, needs to make a comeback in rpgs

Stella Brando

Arcane
Bioware should've made a spinoff series of DA visual novels/dating sims to capitalize on the audience they've attracted.

Let the gendermancers cook and eat in a separate kitchen and keep them away from whatever is left of the rpg. Could've been a win-win for everyone.

I want to date a dragon.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, which beloved series' reboot from EA and/or Activision you want most?

Activision: Arcanum, Krondor, Wizards & Warriors, Quest series, Caesar?

EA: Ultima, Lands of Lore, Dungeon Keeper, Kyrandia, Nox, Bioforge?
Arcanum II: Diesel & Dreadnoughts :M
I've been waiting for it for 20 years. Imagine the jazz and ragtime soundtrack.

Drakortha

Liturgist

Your hatred for Larian and BG3 is far more than just the game having some issues, it is irrational bordering on hysterical. Which makes me wonder... who hurt you at Larian? Did you apply for a job there and Swen said you suck at life and get the fuck out of his office for wasting his time? Because you talk about it the way that a jilted female lover obsesses over the Chad Thundercock that told her he loved her at the bar, brutally banged her out for one night, and left her by the next morning.

Tell us more about this affliction you have-- Does the Larian tell you to do things? Is the Larian in the room with us now?
Larian shit the bed with Baldur's Gate 3. All I've ever done is point out that fact.

If you want to see irrational bordering on hysterical, then look at how overrated the game is and how the Larian Shills shit up every thread with comparisons to their beloved BG3. I would hardly be even posting in this thread if it wasn't for them. I'm just here to shine a light on those cockroaches.

Last edited:

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just watched a few minutes of the trailer. Why is the main character leading with his left arm dagger and not fighting like an actual swordsman? Surely he should have his longer weapon out front to increase his reach and hold the dagger back to parry/engage when someone gets past the sword?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Just watched a few minutes of the trailer. Why is the main character leading with his left arm dagger and not fighting like an actual swordsman? Surely he should have his longer weapon out front to increase his reach and hold the dagger back to parry/engage when someone gets past the sword?
Congrats, you've put more thought into it than the animators.

Also, look at this. The bow. The positioning of the arrow. All of it.

1718299773981.png

Nobody cares.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

View attachment 50973

Nobody cares.

The people making these games are dumber than AI.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

View attachment 50973

Nobody cares.
Telling me you've never held a bow or even watched one being fired IRL without telling me, basically.

Would love to see how that thumb looks once you release the draw and the arrow's fletching goes slicing past it. Reminds me of the weapon design in Starfield also done by people who probably are not even sure which end of a firearm is the business end. Soyboys and landwhales are terrified of guns so only have their fantasy to guide them.

The "old world shotgun" from that game had a pump action that was back at the trigger meaning you would never have enough room to cycle the action to eject a shell casing. It is all cringe fake and gay now, as you astutely pointed out, nobody cares. When you live in a reality bubble details about reality are just that, details, trivial.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Looking back on it, it seems most of the worldbuilding for this franchise was done by creating a problem that the writers feel need fixing. Control of mages, slavery in Tevinter, deadly political intrigue in Orlais, oppression of elves, etc. Each game tackles such a problem and fixes it from a modern perspective.

Lodis

Educated
This part, I am sure, will be implemented well.
The Shadow Dragons is a resistance group opposing corrupt rulers and slavery in Tevinter. Their mission is to help those in need and bring justice to the people
Given the Shadow Dragon(lmao) companion is the peg legged Indian chick with a oddly husky voice I’m sure it will somehow exceed our expectations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom