Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

MzperxKobuki

Barely Literate
The director's Twitter bio is the biggest red flag of all.

Readher

Savant
Screenshot_20240610_085420_RedReader.jpg

Kem0sabe

Arcane
The Inge screenshot doesn't look bad, in fact it looks very nice as far as environment goes. The biggest issue will be the quip centric dialogue the entire game, if the leaks about the upcoming gameplay trailer, the dialogue will turn off a lot of people.

negator2vc

Scholar
Anyone know the actual reason for changing the name?
Did the name gave nightmares to the devs or something? ;)
I mean the stories behind the scenes are definitively more interesting than this crap.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Whether the old Bioware(2010 to 2017, up until ME:A) can make a good RPG is up to debate, but you can tell they are trying to make a RPG they think is good.

Now I feel like they are just forcing themself to make DA 4 a single player game because people expect them to, if they get to choose they will definately create a live service game instead.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Afaik, this is the third iteration of this game. They wanted to make it live service, but they backpedaled hard on that.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
I wonder if they tried to jump on mmos with Inquisition and hired a bunch of MMO types, which resulted in that game - then they are left with a staff who might be inclined towards trying to make live service crap, which is basically what EA would most want to push...just seems like a perfect storm in hell.

Tytus

Arcane
I'm liking the general public response to the trailer.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

And finally:

image.png

The Duality of Man.

I like how the user on the right has to emphasise it is a POSITIVE reaction to the trailer, since the majority of the response is so negative.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Lodis

Educated
Well at least Morrigan is confirmed not to be in this garbage, can only imagine how current Bioware would treat her. Now I can just cope and pretend my experience with this franchise ended with Origins.

Froila

Educated
Well at least Morrigan is confirmed not to be in this garbage, can only imagine how current Bioware would treat her. Now I can just cope and pretend my experience with this franchise ended with Origins.
"Dragon Age Journeys" by "Monsters' Den" developer wasn't half bad too.

ybfelix

Novice
I wonder will EA finally take BioWare out the back door and put it down after this flops, or wait after new Mass Effect inevitably fails too?

Last edited:

Naraya

Arcane
The best era of gaming is long gone and will never come back - every day just confirms that it's in a downward spiral for a long time. The quicker we deal with it, the quicker we reach serenity.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
So, what will be the new trendy combat system that Bioware would implement this time to maximize the appeal of casuals? Turn based or soulslike with infinite respawning?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom