Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Aphex81

Scholar
I might be stating the obvious here but technically this isn't an rpg no?

scytheavatar

Scholar

Can't confirm anything before more gameplay is shown. That said based on the direction these studios have been going I suspect it'll be a game with less RPG elements than GOW:R.

technically this isn't an rpg no?
RPG is catch-all phrase now.

So yes, it's an RPG, not a cRPG however.

At best it's going to have ability score with abstract number you're not going to understand right away except for the fact that high number means good.

At worse they're going deeper to ME/DAI system, buy perk system + item enhance ability score.

scytheavatar

Scholar

It's about as much a RPG as Souls games, which occupy several positions in the top 10 RPGs here.

If FFXVI was as much of an RPG as the Souls games, no one would be complaining about it. Problem is that it wasn't. I think you are too optimistic if you expect Veilguard to be as much an RPG as Souls.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I predict that many codexers will still buy this crap and pretend to hate it.
No, the thread will inevitable devolve into a couple of autists trying to analyze what exactly the foul smelling heap of brown sludge really is.
There will also be claims that the dried puddles of brown goo that came before it "weren't so bad".

JDR13

Arcane
1. The active party has been reduced to 3 characters.

2. Commands are given to your companions via an "action wheel".

3. All joinable NPCs are romanceable.

:timetoburn:

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
They were doing some live service hero shooter type game, and scrapped it. And it honestly looks like they are reusing vidoe and audio assets, and the characters and vibe from that. The mood doesn't feel like a singleplayer RPG, it feels like an Overwatch type game.

My flaccidity is entering non-euclidean space.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1. The active party has been reduced to 3 characters.

2. Commands are given to your companions via an "action wheel".

3. All joinable NPCs are romanceable.

:timetoburn:

IDK if the game is rebooted after this leak, but it looked like straight up an ARPG. davrin ended up as a real companion so who knows

ferratilis

Magister
If I remember DAO well, people were afraid of Grey Wardens. It was an order which you don't enlist in willingly, they choose you instead, then you have to prove yourself. Compare that to characters in this trailer, it looks like a circus was in town and they just decided to hire all the clowns. Disney shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom