Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
367.jpg

The archer looks to be inspired by one of the leads in BG3.

26-1603510113-1856114677.png

Yeah, I guess if I stabbed myself in both eyes with a spork and then squint real hard, I can almost see it.

Are you blind? Or does everything with somewhat red hair look the same to you? :lol:

Semiurge

Cipher
Is AAA game developing the kind of scheme that was the main plot of The Producers? Because it's starting to look as if they're actually trying to create flops.

ChildInTime

Savant
Is AAA game developing the kind of scheme that was the main plot of The Producers? Because it's starting to look as if they're actually trying to create flops.
You thought the picture about esg/blackrock (although it's not really blackrock anymore, they did a rebranding or something) was just for fun? People are paid and indoctrinated to do it.

Semiurge

Cipher
You thought the picture about esg/blackrock (although it's not really blackrock anymore, they did a rebranding or something) was just for fun? People are paid and indoctrinated to do it.

DEI = Didn't Earn It. Thanks to this, people are now conditioned to always assume that the queer/BIPOC are incompetent where ever they are.

quixotic

Learned
It’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
AKA they try to hire a lot of people that aren’t male, straight, and/or white.

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
This shit is so far removed from the original concept of Dragon Age, they should be sued for peddling counterfeit goods. :smug:

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
There's a lot of reasons but one is that they're pursuing the elusive "modern audience," a mythical being that enjoys slop, shells out endless money and never complains as a long as [current fad] is satisfied.

And as long as games as mid as BG3 are hailed as "great successes," they will keep trying for this audience.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You guys want to see BioWare get absolutely bodied in the comments, in Twitter of all places?

No idea why the first few posts are positive, despite not being that well-liked or recent. Some paid shilling shit? I don't know Twitter.

ChildInTime

Savant
You guys want to see BioWare get absolutely bodied in the comments, in Twitter of all places?

No idea why the first few posts are positive, despite not being that well-liked or recent. Some paid shilling shit? I don't know Twitter.

Yeah, the first few replies are not that well liked, but are the ones the community manager interacts with, so I guess that pushes them to the top? They are getting absolutely roasted in the majority of the replies though, lol - "Bit late for an April Fool's post isn't it?"

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure if you dig a little it'll turn out to actually be true, no need for rumors.

Modern Bioware is one company that doesn't need Sweet Baby Inc to be woke

After departure of the veterans the company is essentially already chock full of very same people

Man that trailer is fucking awful lol it's so clear the development for this game went through like a dozen iterations. First trying to be God of War, then trying to be a live service thing, then Baldur's Gate 3 happened. It's over. At least Inquisition's trailer had Morrigan in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom