Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming Fall 2024

Vatnik Wumao
the gameplay doesn't look... too bad
Yes it does
zGbsCSl.jpeg

Gargaune

Arcane
"Enabling offline play?" Is this really where we've gotten? I'm not taking a shot at anyone here, I guess it's true in this brave new world of everything-as-a-service, but it's just sad to behold that reality.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Semiurge

Cipher
The quality control on this game is so sloppy.

This is a static promotional image. Not even a screenshot from a video.

AAA studio.

View attachment 51055

Why is there crockery everywhere, is that their main trade? Clay and clay accessories?

Spotted in the wild, thanks to Elttharion

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to the deadening of the internet.

ER7L4A9.jpeg

U069MrR.jpeg

"Orlando"? The gender-bender from Virginia Woolf's book?

How fitting a name for a trans-rights bot.

Gargaune

Arcane

ER7L4A9.jpeg
U069MrR.jpeg
Not just the contents of those comments but look at the account names too, they're RNG fare. Wouldn't be meaningful in isolated cases, but put the two together and it's miserably obvious.

You know, the recent surge in bot marketing feels like it might be crossing a line in the legal sense. Dunno about the US, but in the EU, news outlets are expected to label sponsored content as such and then you've got similar requirements on YouTube and the like. A newspaper can't just print a paid L'Oréal puffpiece with their own byline, they gotta get creative with hiding that transaction under the guise of their own "independent journalism." Now if a company goes out and rents a bot farm to defecate "enthusiasm" in the public sphere, doesn't it seem like it should be covered under similar rationales?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You know, the recent surge in bot marketing feels like it might be crossing a line in the legal sense. Dunno about the US, but in the EU, news outlets are expected to label sponsored content as such and then you've got similar requirements on YouTube and the like. A newspaper can't just print a paid L'Oréal puffpiece with their own byline, they gotta get creative with hiding that transaction under the guise of their own "independent journalism." Now if a company goes out and rents a bot farm to defecate "enthusiasm" in the public sphere, doesn't it seem like it should be covered under similar rationales?

Plausible deniability. If you can't track the payments, it could be anybody. Even "our haters buying bots to make us look bad."

By now I don't have to say how underhanded this industry is. It's a racket.

Gargaune

Arcane
Plausible deniability. If you can't track the payments, it could be anybody. Even "our haters buying bots to make us look bad."
Sure, but if I were a public prosecutor looking to build my career off EA's asshole, I'd take one look at that Twitter spam and demand to audit their books. This isn't the classic MO where a big gaming outlet "just happens" to review a shit game "10/10 you should buy two copies" and the shit game's publisher "just happens" to take out two hundred grand's worth of advertising on that outlet, in this case you've got a marketing department buying time on a botfarm somewhere. It's not gonna be listed as "PAYMENT FOR BOTFARM TO DECEIVE MORONIC PUBLIC" but it's not some serendipitous conspiracy either, there's a money trail there if someone wants to go down it.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
A large body of resarch proves diverse teams outperform homogenous teams

Just like in NASA.
May that large body means diversity in skill sets or in something else that directly affects performance?

For a healthy mind, concepts reflect things, and abstractions capture phenomena that go beyond the boundaries of the concrete.

For the ideological mind, concepts reflect ideological reality, which changes on political grounds.

Normally "diverse" means the same as "heterogeneous". This concept in itself does not tell us about the origin, about heterogeneous scale, about the hierarchy, etc.

For the Marxist ideology, every concept has its twin, but one is good and the other is bad. In this case, "diverse" is non-white-non-male, and on the other side is white supremacy and patriarchy. Asking obvious questions like "is there something in between?" or suggestions that the world is a little more complex means you're on the wrong side.

Semiurge

Cipher
Sure, but if I were a public prosecutor looking to build my career off EA's asshole, I'd take one look at that Twitter spam and demand to audit their books. This isn't the classic MO where a big gaming outlet "just happens" to review a shit game "10/10 you should buy two copies" and the shit game's publisher "just happens" to take out two hundred grand's worth of advertising on that outlet, in this case you've got a marketing department buying time on a botfarm somewhere. It's not gonna be listed as "PAYMENT FOR BOTFARM TO DECEIVE MORONIC PUBLIC" but it's not some serendipitous conspiracy either, there's a money trail there if someone wants to go down it.

You know what X needs right now? Mandatory 2FA. I don't think bots can bypass that.... yet.

Old Hans

Arcane
I don't understand why people are so upset about this game. It looks as bad as Dragon Age Inquisition.
its like politics. this is the hot button top of the month

ER7L4A9.jpeg

U069MrR.jpeg
just imagine - warrior with a sword AND shield!
:shredder:
poor Orlando has been living his entire life using that longsword with 2 hands

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom