Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Codex Year of the Donut
I've seen absolutely nothing about DA4 that looks interesting. The series is essentially completely unrelated to DAO, it has become a romance simulator for obese single women.

But how much do we really know about DA4, isnt it a bit early to make any assumptions and or write the game off?

I like you BruceVC, but how can you seriously ask this after getting the 1-2 dick punch of DA2 and DAI? Furthermore, how can you have played/tried to play those and not conclude that Rusty is completely right?

In reply to your earlier question about trying DA4, the answer is fuck no unless some certified non-retards here endorse it. I don't envision this happening.
So I havent played DA:I yet but I have played DA:O and DA2 and I enjoyed both of them and I can give you the reasons why

I have also played all the ME games so I have experience with the new Bioware game design so I am cautiously optimistic about DA4 but I am prepared to admit it may be a bad game but I cant see how anyone can say " its definitely going to be bad game " if its still in development phase?

And I can only base my opinion on what I have played from the actual gaming company and since I enjoyed all the games I have played from Bioware I believe I will enjoy DA4 :cool:
DAI is almost a decade old, the previous games in the series have little bearing on what they'll actually be making. From everything I've seen of Bioware, I have zero faith it will be anything but shit.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've seen absolutely nothing about DA4 that looks interesting. The series is essentially completely unrelated to DAO, it has become a romance simulator for obese single women.

But how much do we really know about DA4, isnt it a bit early to make any assumptions and or write the game off?

I like you BruceVC, but how can you seriously ask this after getting the 1-2 dick punch of DA2 and DAI? Furthermore, how can you have played/tried to play those and not conclude that Rusty is completely right?

In reply to your earlier question about trying DA4, the answer is fuck no unless some certified non-retards here endorse it. I don't envision this happening.
So I havent played DA:I yet but I have played DA:O and DA2 and I enjoyed both of them and I can give you the reasons why

I have also played all the ME games so I have experience with the new Bioware game design so I am cautiously optimistic about DA4 but I am prepared to admit it may be a bad game but I cant see how anyone can say " its definitely going to be bad game " if its still in development phase?

And I can only base my opinion on what I have played from the actual gaming company and since I enjoyed all the games I have played from Bioware I believe I will enjoy DA4 :cool:

Fair enough. I highly recommend you try DAI before spend any more money on Bioware. Maybe you'll like it too. Stranger things have happened.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fair enough. I highly recommend you try DAI before spend any more money on Bioware. Maybe you'll like it too. Stranger things have happened.
A long time ago, I had a very weird discussion with a friend who argued that the addition of the jumping button in DA:I completely revolutionized gameplay and elevated the game far above its predecessors. Stranger things have indeed happened.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Bioware that made DA:O and DA2 and Mass Effect 1-3 is DEAD. Bioware that made ME:Andromeda and Anthem is making DA4. Except Devs that wrote all the lore and designed old Bioware games (like Mark Darrah, Mike Laidlaw, David Gaider and countless others) have all left company. Incompetent retards are all that's left in company. Imagine Barcelona or Manchester United playing without ALL of their star players and instead on football field are janitors, crazy hobos and circus freaks wearing their football dresses. On the other side is FC Bayern, with 90% same team makeup from last year when they reached finals. On what team would you place your bet? People make game studios who make video games, name and logo of studio is worthless. Any enthusiasm for DA4 is child-like or Stocholme Syndrome

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
DA4 has 3 times been started from scratch, changed 3 different Creative Directors and Bioware changed 2 CEOs in past 5+ years this thing has been in active development

I can't help but wonder are people who expect anything from Nu-Nu-Bioware ignorant retarded sheep or just addicted to bad games

Last edited:

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Normie middle-aged, midwit, middle-managers like BruceVC are among prime reasons why we live in insane reality. By being only white guy at Diversity.Inc megacorporations, they keep them from completely falling apart. No amount of red pill in this world or their daily life can change them. They are all oh so much childishly enthusiastic about our little dystopia. Perfect Goyim

Codex Year of the Donut
In the span of about 10 years, people like that twitter creature posted before changed Bioware from an industry titan to a dev that only exists because of Star Wars fans.
If you think me referring to Bioware as an "industry titan" is too much, consider this: EA used to just slap the Bioware name on random studios that had nothing to do with Bioware just because they could. Bioware was effectively the RPG equivalent of EA Sports.

And no, EA didn't kill them. EA is the one that keeps them on life support. Bioware killed Bioware.

Also brings up a funny tangentially related story: Basically the only thing in Anthem that was praised by players(the flying) only existed because it was left in when an EA exec was demoing the game and he ranted about how much he liked the flying to them. They were going to cut it.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
In the span of about 10 years, people like that twitter creature posted before changed Bioware from an industry titan to a dev that only exists because of Star Wars fans.
If you think me referring to Bioware as an "industry titan" is too much, consider this: EA used to just slap the Bioware name on random studios that had nothing to do with Bioware just because they could. Bioware was effectively the RPG equivalent of EA Sports.

And no, EA didn't kill them. EA is the one that keeps them on life support. Bioware killed Bioware.

Also brings up a funny tangentially related story: Basically the only thing in Anthem that was praised by players(the flying) only existed because it was left in when an EA exec was demoing the game and he ranted about how much he liked the flying to them. They were going to cut it.

No amount of rational arguments will stop the cope and decline. We're already seeing people unironically make excuses for nuBioware.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
People enjoy being cucked while playing DA:Inquisition on PS4. I enjoy being Bull. Bull plays Colony Ship: Post Earth RPG and ATOM: Trudograd on PC while his emptied balls are reloading for tomorrow

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
What I find hilarious is the bunch of hate-filled morons who come on to shit on a game and accuse me of defending it, when all I did was to point out why, from a storytelling point of view DAI is worse than DA2 and DAO.

I liked DAO. I never played DA2 for the reasons I hated the changes and what they did with the mechanics and spawning (which has nothing to do with the storytelling).

Get a life, kids. There are better games out there to fill your mind and your time with positive thoughts than poisonous hatred for a game with shit mechanics.

BruceVC

Magister

I am going to do that, I plan to play DA:I before DA4 so in the next few months or so

BruceVC

Magister
Normie middle-aged, midwit, middle-managers like BruceVC are among prime reasons why we live in insane reality. By being only white guy at Diversity.Inc megacorporations, they keep them from completely falling apart. No amount of red pill in this world or their daily life can change them. They are all oh so much childishly enthusiastic about our little dystopia. Perfect Goyim

Wall Im surprised by your comments, you right I do support the gaming megacorporations with my money but I only do that because I thought you wanted me to? I just want you to be happy :salute:

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I never played DA2
Maybe if you did you'd understand the attitude sane people have towards it.
Sane people would have seen the pile of turd it was and steered clear and therefore would have nothing extreme against it. Retarded normies are the one who bought it, be disappointed by it and get so butthurt as a result they scream at anyone and the sky to show their disgust of it.

This is you:
triggered-loser.jpg

Falksi

Arcane
I never played DA2
Sane people would have seen the pile of turd it was and steered clear and therefore would have nothing extreme against it. Retarded normies are the one who bought it, be disappointed by it and get so butthurt as a result they scream at anyone and the sky to show their disgust of it.

This is you:
triggered-loser.jpg

If there's one game which I can excuse people for trying it's DA:2.

The original was good, there was tons of praise for it from mass media on release, Awakenings looked to expand on the combat in the right way so it's easy to assume that trend might continue, and there were a lot of interesting visual elements in the pre-release hype.

My ex bought it me as a surprise, so I didn't consciously go out to buy it, but I get why folk gave it a blast.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I never played DA2
Sane people would have seen the pile of turd it was and steered clear and therefore would have nothing extreme against it.
triggered-loser.jpg

"Just ignore it and it'll go away!"
"Wait why are these new Bioware games so bad??"
See what I mean? You lie and defame by attributing to me something which I have never said. Your hatred is so deep that Biowart lives on rent-free in your mind. You hate so much, you actually live in fantasyland, where people who don't agree with you 100%, even tangentially, are automatically die-hard supporters of the other side.

Does that remind you of anyone?

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

DA2 was good enough to play through once on release, and revisit again a few years later for the other plot branch.
I too was ubermad when it released, and I hate many of the designer and publisher decisions around it, however it very much is a 5/10 game. Its not horrible on its own, its just horrible in the context of the previous game and Bioware's record up to that point.

Random encounter paratroopers and auto-attacking were just straight up stupid decisions though, and can't even be explained by invoking evil bad guy EA or lack of time/money.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I never played DA2
Sane people would have seen the pile of turd it was and steered clear and therefore would have nothing extreme against it.
triggered-loser.jpg

See what I mean? You lie and defame by attributing to me something which I have never said. Your hatred is so deep that Biowart lives on rent-free in your mind. You hate so much, you actually live in fantasyland, where people who don't agree with you 100%, even tangentially, are automatically die-hard supporters of the other side.

I'm simply reducing your argument to its logical extreme. "Normal people dont get angry at bad games". Sure buddy. That's why we're in this mess.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

DA2 was good enough to play through once on release, and revisit again a few years later for the other plot branch.
I too was ubermad when it released, and I hate many of the designer and publisher decisions around it, however it very much is a 5/10 game. Its not horrible on its own, its just horrible in the context of the previous game and Bioware's record up to that point.

Random encounter paratroopers and auto-attacking were just straight up stupid decisions though, and can't even be explained by invoking evil bad guy EA or lack of time/money.
I am always cautious when it comes to games, mainly because I have seen the kind of mess that can happen when EA gets its hands on something (*cough*ultima*cough*). That is why I always look at people's comments, their complaints and see what the game is about before I actually go buy it. Paratrooper reinforcements, repetitive maps, large stat numbers, etc., are all warning signs and taken with clunky UI, early sjw shit and Gaider going around the tranny bend, it was a big Hell No! from me.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I never played DA2
triggered-loser.jpg

I'm simply reducing your argument to its logical extreme. "Normal people dont get angry at bad games". Sure buddy. That's why we're in this mess.
No. You are making stuff up in order to appease the fantasy in your head. You are that loser who always got his lunch money stolen, and vowing to "get them back someday", and this is you living out your "get them back" in your made up world in your head.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I never played DA2
triggered-loser.jpg

No. You are making stuff up in order to appease the fantasy in your head. You are that loser who always got his lunch money stolen, and vowing to "get them back someday", and this is you living out your "get them back" in your made up world in your head.

Im not the one dragging this down to a personal level right now, but if you insist...
making stuff up in order to appease the fantasy
You are that loser who always got his lunch money stolen

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I never played DA2
triggered-loser.jpg

Im not the one dragging this down to a personal level right now, but if you insist...
making stuff up in order to appease the fantasy
You are that loser who always got his lunch money stolen
Typical sjw cunt. Start doing something first and then try to make it out as if someone else was the one doing it. Your opinion on anything can thusly be discarded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom