Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Zeriel

Arcane
Again, I'm yet to see any evidence that the game will flop. The numbers that we do have look decent.
I also don't think this steaming turd will flop, regardless of dozens of grifters poking fun at it on youtube.

Codex cocoon/bubble seems to underestimate how the severerity of average consoomer retardation has progressed during last 2-3 years.

I would've agreed, but the recent string of disasters over the last year or two cannot have been good for BioWare's hopes.

Even the mainstream is tired of activist corporate media. The reason is simple: nobody wants morality dictated to them by megacorps.

We'll see real soon how sales do.
Normalfags have never really minded moral preaching before. The core cause of all these flops is not that they're woke, but that they're SHIT (though that is kinda caused by them being woke). Everything indicates that this game will be no exception.

Shit goes with woke though. It's the same thing as Christian "purpose driven" films; we used to make fun of those for being awful, and the reason is the same. When you start determining how products are made not based on quality or engaging content, but on whether they are "morally correct", you end up promoting people based on a criteria other than the quality of their work. Which inevitably ends up with your employees being trash. It's why I am not optimistic on the state of media in general even if the people at the top give an explicit direction to change course. The corps are staffed up with mediocrities by incentive. Giving a different direction to said mediocrities won't result in better products, mostly.

Internally, the companies seem to know this too. It's an explicit strategy when they highlight racism and "backlash" of the fans in marketing before said backlash has even happened, because the company knows it has a stinker on its hands and figures it can get more products moved if it convinces the half of the population that supports their political agenda that buying the product is a Stand Against Evil. If you knew your product was so good it would please most people, you wouldn't do that.

Semiurge

Cipher
Again, I'm yet to see any evidence that the game will flop. The numbers that we do have look decent.
I also don't think this steaming turd will flop, regardless of dozens of grifters poking fun at it on youtube.

Codex cocoon/bubble seems to underestimate how the severerity of average consoomer retardation has progressed during last 2-3 years.

I would've agreed, but the recent string of disasters over the last year or two cannot have been good for BioWare's hopes.

Even the mainstream is tired of activist corporate media. The reason is simple: nobody wants morality dictated to them by megacorps.

We'll see real soon how sales do.
Normalfags have never really minded moral preaching before. The core cause of all these flops is not that they're woke, but that they're SHIT (though that is kinda caused by them being woke). Everything indicates that this game will be no exception.

Yeah well, even great gameplay can't salvage the whole if the story is boring, morally preachy shit. And so far everything shown about the gameplay indicates that Rook is basically soloing through the combat since the two other (lol) party members deal reduced damage, and as a bonus I've seen their models pass through Rook's without any collision like as if they're holograms. You can't even micromanage each combat situation anymore through managing your party members. That was the best thing about Origins combat in addition to the huge pool of potential abilities to choose from, and it didn't matter that it was "only" RTwP. This is a single-player MMO, and nothing about the story revealed so far sets this apart from all competition. The engine can render pretty environments, but the childish and unimaginative art-style ruins that too.

The full impression on this is basically that these devs and writers are no better than your basic politically correct A.I, and that's a low bar indeed.

Never seen that guy before, but just hearing him talk for 1 minute already tells me that he is the will-sell-his-grandma-for-money type.

I never listen to these types anyway, I just enable the subtitles.

It's quite funny how they're trying to distance the game from BG3 considering that "more BG3 type shit" is what would sell copies

Not sure about that since many current DA fans seem to welcome the fact that "it doesn't even resemble an RPG anymore". Anything turn-based? No way. Not unless there's a way to skip all combat and focus on the perversions. These current DA fans consider RPGs a pastime of chuds, something that they see as negatively tainted in the political sense. Something "eww".

Dont give attention to this guy, he is one of the rare cases were someone is actually a grifter. Some leftie youtube channel uncovered old posts and videos of his and he was shilling for Ubisoft and Microsoft and saying stuff like he loves black people in games and things like that. He created this persona when his last channel died.
Some leftie youtube channel said so eh?

lol...

Yeah he called this out 2 days ago in a video.

Wacth the video and make your own conclusions. A dude who says 'I dont want to be political', 'My favorite game of 2022 is Deathloop (the negro game) and second favorite is Halo Infinite', 'I love Skull and Bones and Watch Dogs 2 (both UBI DEIfied slop)', 'I couldnt put Rage 2 down' etc and less than 4 months later he goes into a 'gas all homos' rant and 'all modern games are gay', yeah, I am gonna be suspicious.

He also purged his old channel when he was called out.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

With leftards, it is both, with malice out in front.

I agree, they're taking pride in poisoning every franchise they can get their hands on. Otherwise they'd be creating something new from scratch. They say they're improving problematic things that already exist, but their modus operandi is to take the existing cultural staples and inject their political DNA into them so that competing worldviews would disappear from the public sight, and eventually, its mind. Forget for a moment all the buzzwords and novel names given to them, the wokies, the critical race-theorists, the third-wave feminists. Focus on what they're actually doing, and compare that to what communists have been doing throughout the centuries during their rise to power. It's all happening again, even though all the terms, names and faces have been changed. This movement's true face still remains the same, and it hides its true objectives behind humanitarian ideals. And unless you bend the knee to them, they'd put you against a wall if they could.

Last edited:

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Will Chris-Chan abandon Sonic for DA4? (Assuming he's still alive)

I'm not sure you realise how childish CWC is.
It's quite funny how they're trying to distance the game from BG3 considering that "more BG3 type shit" is what would sell copies
As I've said before they've developed the game for a number of years now and BG3 only came out last year. While we, as gaming game gamers with gamer dent can say that the game was known to go big given the fact divinity games sold very well, even on casual gamer level the gameplay in them was fun, but they lacked the kind of interactive movie dialogue style that people liked the witcher or mass effect or whatever for and BG3 would have it, that's a large audience that hops in out of nowhere. But that's us, a person who would have to suggest that to EA/Bioware would have to be some market analyst of sort and he would have to do it around 2020 at the latest. Even if he would suggest that he would hear something like ok, you may be right. but look at RDR2 sales we want a game like that, other big RPG developers like Square Enix are also going this route.
As such it's likely they're even downplaying the interactive movie similarity because their marketing strategy, written back then said they should compare the game to action games like cuck of war or something. I mean realistically the dialogue style, fantasy setting and rough genre similarity is the only thing these games have in common so maybe that's simply correct way to not generate a sort of anti-hype of broken promises.

By the way one way in which EA may not shut bioware down if Mass Effect 4 flops, at least that I can see, is because they know hasbro is looking for someone to make a D&D RPG in a known franchise these days. If Veilguard shits itself then that wouldn't even be surprising.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Tevinter Imperium?
Bro they turned Tevinter into a homosexual LARP simulator. It went from a grim dark region that you read about in earlier Codex entries to whatever the fuck this is:
991yDvx.jpeg
Hold on a second. Is that... Is that a waistcoat? With buttons? Didn't like, only 20 years pass since Origins? Where people looked like this?

tumblr_o7at3qOZkc1uc9nfgo1_640.jpg

This is some 17-18th century shit, what the fuck am I looking at? I understand not knowing what fantasy should feel like, as Veilguard is made by people who've never read fantasy, and in fact despise fantasy, but do these people not know what fantasy should even LOOK like?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom