Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Semiurge

Cipher
https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon-age-dreadwolf-dragon-age-the-veilguard-gameplay

▪️First official 15 minute gameplay premiere on June 11
▪️7 unique companions with "deep and compelling storylines"
▪️New title better reflects the story's group of companions; Solas (ie. Dreadwolf) still plays a big role
▪️Players will take on the role of an original protagonist, similar to The Warden, Hawke, and The Inquisitor
▪️You and your companions make up the Veilguard, protecting the Veil and taking down a "new evil threat unleashed upon Thedas"
▪️Player agency is very important, created a story where you can impact the world and companions around you
▪️Each companion intended to represent different factions in the game; have their own arcs with "stories of love and loss, each with meaningful choices and emotional moments"
▪️Players will visit more regions of Thedas "across a deeper variety of biomes than any Dragon Age before it"
▪️Tease another villain beyond Solas: "I don’t want to get too deep into spoiler territory but I can say that the Dread Wolf is not the only god players need to be worried about"
▪️Combat was a "big focus" for the team, will feature an ability wheel that you can use to pause, designed to give players more direct control over their characters
▪️Players can bring two companions along (similar to Mass Effect)

https://x.com/shinobi602/status/1798735526163525839

I cannot lie - I'm definitely looking forward to what new and exciting companions they've cooked up in this modern climate.

:popcorn:

Larianshill

Arbiter
I honestly have no idea what they're doing with this title. The contents won't change either way, but Dreadwolf is simply much more marketable. Veilguard sounds like a F2P Fortnite clone, or maybe a young adult fantasy book. They've gotta be sidelining Solas, that's the only reason you'd make this call.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, Dragon Age DreadWolf no more. Now it's Veilguard. They really dropped a renamed.. 7 days before the gameplay reveal

Copy paste or it didn't happen: https://blog.bioware.com/2024/06/06/theveilguard/

The Next Dragon Age Has a New Title​

Hi everyone,

Summer is nearly upon us, and as promised, we’re ready to provide an update on our big reveal. We’d like to invite the world to join us on Tuesday, June 11, for the official first look at gameplay for the next Dragon Age!

After Dragon Age: Inquisition launched, the studio was given an incredible opportunity to explore, test, and validate a variety of gameplay concepts as we worked to determine what the next Dragon Age could look like. We brought everything to the table which, yes, even included a multiplayer concept. The time we spent experimenting and iterating gradually taught us a lot. This work, and the amazing support from EA, helped us re-focus on creating an incredible single player game, with all the choices, characters and world building you’d expect from us.

At BioWare, we create worlds of adventure, conflict and companionship, where you’re at the center of it all. As fans of our franchise know, every Dragon Age game has delivered a new standalone story. Set in the world of Thedas, these tales explore epic locales and threats, always thrusting you into a new conflict. Each game also introduces a new lead hero – The Warden, Hawke, The Inquisitor – that you can call your own. You can expect all that, and more, with the new game. And of course, much like your unique hero, it wouldn’t be a Dragon Age game without an amazing cast of companions – right?

Each of the seven unique characters that make up your companions will have deep and compelling storylines where the decisions you make will impact your relationships with them – as well as their lives. You’ll unite this team of unforgettable heroes as you take on a terrifying new threat unleashed on the world. Naturally, the Dread Wolf still has an important part in this tale, but you and your companions – not your enemies – are the heart of this new experience.

So, to capture what this game is all about, we changed the name as the original title didn’t show just how strongly we feel about our new heroes, their stories and how you’ll need to bring them together to save all of Thedas.
We proudly introduce to you Dragon Age™: The Veilguard.

We know you’ve been waiting a long time for this reveal and we’re so ready to show you what we’ve been up to. We’ll see you on Tuesday, June 11th at 8:00am PT at the Dragon Age YouTube channel with over 15 minutes of gameplay from the opening moments of the game that has you jumping back into Thedas on your new adventure.

This moment means so much to everyone at BioWare, and we wouldn’t be here without you. We’re ready to have some fun, so join the chat early…we’ve got a few special surprises for you.

Thank you for all your support. See you soon,

Gary McKay

Executive Producer, Dragon Age, and General Manager, BioWare

The Jester

Cipher
https://www.ign.com/articles/dragon-age-dreadwolf-dragon-age-the-veilguard-gameplay

▪️New title better reflects the story's group of companions; Solas (ie. Dreadwolf) still plays a big role
▪️Players will take on the role of an original protagonist, similar to The Warden, Hawke, and The Inquisitor
▪️You and your companions make up the Veilguard, protecting the Veil and taking down a "new evil threat unleashed upon Thedas"
▪️Player agency is very important, created a story where you can impact the world and companions around you
▪️Each companion intended to represent different factions in the game; have their own arcs with "stories of love and loss, each with meaningful choices and emotional moments"
▪️Players will visit more regions of Thedas "across a deeper variety of biomes than any Dragon Age before it"
▪️Tease another villain beyond Solas: "I don’t want to get too deep into spoiler territory but I can say that the Dread Wolf is not the only god players need to be worried about"
▪️Combat was a "big focus" for the team, will feature an ability wheel that you can use to pause, designed to give players more direct control over their characters

I cannot lie - I'm definitely looking forward to what new and exciting companions they've cooked up in this modern climate.

Holy shit guys! the party members got leaked!
11-lesser-known-steam-games-with-lgbt-romances-lesbian-furry-rpg-magical-queer-rpg-gay-metroidvania-trans-coming-of-age.jpg

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

My bet is on a lot of fujoshi and coomer fanbait appearances like Cullen.

Old Hans

Arcane
Players will take on the role of an original protagonist, similar to The Warden, Hawke, and The Inquisitor
let me guess I'm going to be forced to play a lame ass "veil guard"

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's laughable how the series started with the intent of being a coherent narrative (Origins) and can't even maintain a coherent setting.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Each companion intended to represent different factions in the game; have their own arcs with "stories of love and loss, each with meaningful choices and emotional moments"
Let me guess:
1. Faggots
2. Trannies
3. Religious minotirties
4. Sandniggers
5. Soyboys
6. Minorities
7. Elves (i.e. all of the above)

Old Hans

Arcane
It's laughable how the series started with the intent of being a coherent narrative (Origins) and can't even maintain a coherent setting.
What's incoherent about it? Other than the orcs being changed between DAO and DA2, I don't recall other retcons.
Everything concerning the Qunari for example.
I can see it now "we must build up the ancient and honorable order of the veil guards to defeat Solas." and then they'll just pretend the Veil Guards were always a thing

La vie sexuelle

Learned

It looks shit but the name was pretty cool, and now they've flushed that down the toilet too.
The previous name was too disturbing for the modern Bioware fanbase. Also note that the new logo is pinker (the previous one had more red, which could be considered a microaggression).

Some say that the LGBT agenda was the beginning of the Bioware decline. For me this is it. More companions means greater tactical possibilities and generally more fun...OH NOW IT REACHES ME THAT IT'S ALL ABOUT BANTERS AND BIOWARE DRONES CAN'T MANAGE THE EQUIPMENT OF THREE ACTIVE CHARACTERS AT THE SAME TIME.

What's incoherent about it? Other than the orcs being changed between DAO and DA2, I don't recall other retcons.
The qunari were changed in 2 and again in 3, and in 3, Bioware takes a huge dump all over their own elf lore

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik

Shaja

Educated
I didn´t mind the list of news.
I didn´t even mind the black grey warden that will appear as having your forced black character without personality that no one will include in their team as happened with all Bioware games.

What actually minded me is the regressive change from 3 team member companions to 2. That was the highlight feature that I preferred from Dragon Age compared to Mass Effect.

Bitch

Sweeper

Arcane
Is this it, is this the game that will finally kill BioWare? It's long overdue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom