Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Mortmal

Arcane
casters are ghey and wear dresses. if i wanted to play as woman i would chose chainmail bikini babe or tight leather-clad rogue.
Trope and nothing else. Propaganda. Mages can alter reality and make warriors or clerics kill themselves. They are power incarnate.
Forget mages being incarnations of power, forget enslaving kingdoms with necromancy—the new thing is gendermancy. Dragon Age will be a political roleplaying game where you assume any shape you want and indulge in a lot of sexual activity with well-rendered 3D models!

Who am I kiddin...It will be chaste and puritanical, an A button smasher while exploring a dull and vapid Ubisoft-like open world...

ferratilis

Magister
I thought "there's no way this is Dragon Age, it must be some kind of 5v5 hero shooter or something"

Leave it to Bioware to go beyond your worst expectations.

9ted6

Educated
It all comes tumbling down.
kfCX3ib.png

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Given that they've built up the tearing down of the Veil as such a big deal I really thought they might at least try to make the trailer somewhat serious, but apparently not, it'll just be quips all the way down.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
That one commenter nailed it though. They went from dark and edgy fantasy to being wannabe MCU.

They better hope it appeals to kids and that they didn't dial up the sex scenes so their parents won't stop them from getting it. Either that or that it appeals to women and alphabets that actually buy games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom