Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

MjKorz

Educated
I think they genuinely believe that they can fool people into liking it
I think people are still underestimating the power of character focused RPGs with cinematic cutscenes. Regardless of the game's quality, there are plenty of people who will happily consume such a product.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
These people look like this purplehaired dangerhair in the middle of the picture, so go figure if they need to be convinced or fooled. No, they are perfectly happy with it.

I expressed my question badly. I know that this mental illness haircut baizuos really belive in the ideology. I'm talking about the guys that pull the strings, not the puppet, I really wonder if Larry Fink only want more control and power or cares about social engineering the society.

Regardless of the game's quality, there are plenty of people who will happily consume such a product.

Yes!!! But would be enough people consuming to pay all bloat aka US$300k/y wages for Chief diversity commissars officers?

MjKorz

Educated
But would be enough people consuming to pay all bloat aka US$300k/y wages for Chief diversity commissars officers?
There were enough people to make DAI the most financially successful game in the DA franchise:

People throw around numbers like 6 million copies sold by DAI since the game had a more successful launch than ME3 which had around 6 million lifetime sales.

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
in order to be attractive you need to have light skin
Objective fact
YGquuDQ.jpeg
"This is how you would look if you were BioWare or Ubisoft game character."

Silverfish

Arbiter
I just wonder. Does the people in Commiefornia manjaw Industrial complex really believe that can social engineer the people to like this monstrosity? Or they only want to "deconstruct"/destroy for the sake of deconstruct/destroy?

Even they don't know anymore. They want both, but can't find any sort of manageable balance, so this is how they spin their wheels.

Old Hans

Arcane
I just wonder. Does the people in Commiefornia manjaw Industrial complex really believe that can social engineer the people to like this monstrosity? Or they only want to "deconstruct"/destroy for the sake of deconstruct/destroy?
they dont need real people to like it. they'll just do twitter bots saying how the new manjaw character is their favorite character ever made in all of video game history

sosmoflux

Educated
But would be enough people consuming to pay all bloat aka US$300k/y wages for Chief diversity commissars officers?
There were enough people to make DAI the most financially successful game in the DA franchise:

People throw around numbers like 6 million copies sold by DAI since the game had a more successful launch than ME3 which had around 6 million lifetime sales.

So successful they abandoned the IP for over a decade :bioware:

Semiurge

Cipher
I think they genuinely believe that they can fool people into liking it

These people look like this purplehaired dangerhair in the middle of the picture, so go figure if they need to be convinced or fooled. No, they are perfectly happy with it.

DA-SDCC-16-scaled.jpg

Even the black guy on the right gestures homosexually. He's flaming.

I expressed my question badly. I know that this mental illness haircut baizuos really belive in the ideology. I'm talking about the guys that pull the strings, not the puppet, I really wonder if Larry Fink only want more control and power or cares about social engineering the society.

Larry Fink wants to turn everything to shit, so that you'd lose hope and your will to do more than what's asked of you. The reality must be miserable and homogenic everywhere, but it can also be a different shade of homogenic when Larry Fink decides so. The point is that they are in charge of your reality and that resistance is futile. This is demoralisation in room 101.

HammyTheFat

Scholar
I literally do not believe them. Didn't bioware try to talk about hours played instead of units sold at a shareholder meeting?

You don't do that when you have great sales. You don't even keep quiet about it when you have great sales, you scream it from the rooftops and begin working on a sequel immediately.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria

So successful they abandoned the IP for over a decade :bioware:

Skyrim was released in 2011 and we still have no idea when ES6 is coming out. Western game developers frequently make bizarre decisions seemingly in contradiction with the objective of making money.

scytheavatar

Scholar

Remember that this project was going to be a GAAS until the success of Fallen Order convinced EA that it can be single player. Meaning that in the heads of EA executives action games are easy money and they expect Veilguard to make as much money as Fallen Order.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Remember that this project was going to be a GAAS until the success of Fallen Order convinced EA that it can be single player. Meaning that in the heads of EA executives action games are easy money and they expect Veilguard to make as much money as Fallen Order.

I can't imagine any way switching the game from GAAS multiplayer game to a singleplayer game part way through didn't compromise the quality of this game in a meaningful way. Ugly female talk aside, this is the biggest red flag for me regarding the game.

Aarwolf

Learned
they dont need real people to like it. they'll just do twitter bots saying how the new manjaw character is their favorite character ever made in all of video game history

Bots don't buy games.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Veilguard, Bloodlines 2 and Avowed all look like shit. Gonna be quite a contest.
This just means you have more time to play good, older rpgs.
Unfortunately I'm running out of undiscovered oldies at this point and I can only replay games up to a limit. At this point I'm going back to reading books because modern visual media is an absolute disappointment.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Veilguard, Bloodlines 2 and Avowed all look like shit. Gonna be quite a contest.
This just means you have more time to play good, older rpgs.
Unfortunately I'm running out of undiscovered oldies at this point and I can only replay games up to a limit. At this point I'm going back to reading books because modern visual media is an absolute disappointment.
Planet's Edge on a modern system would be hilarious... :D

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wait a minute. Didn't Game Informer have exclusive coverage rights for the game?
GUPT3H2XkAEWVg3

literally all of the prerelease marketing, info, and interviews... gone with the wind of a wimpy fart.
All it took was one press of a button and all that work (not archieved by fans in the Internet Archive) is 404-ed

If EA and Bioware higher-ups care enough they should have field day with it

TheDarkUrge

Educated
You don't even keep quiet about it when you have great sales
WOTC also didn't "scream on top of their lungs" when Baldur's Gate 3 boosted their profits, that's the point of Capitalism, cuck. You're going to consume and ask no question when we make Billions out of your mental retardation.
Hasbro stock price was basically at their worst point in 10 years even with BG3 success, they couldnt exactly feel good about anything there especially since it won't be recurring due to larian walking away. DND project revenue is growing but a small portion. If dragon age does well i wonder if hasbro/wotc will hire these redguard devs since larian bailed

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
You don't even keep quiet about it when you have great sales
WOTC also didn't "scream on top of their lungs" when Baldur's Gate 3 boosted their profits, that's the point of Capitalism, cuck. You're going to consume and ask no question when we make Billions out of your mental retardation.
Hasbro stock price was basically at their worst point in 10 years even with BG3 success, they couldnt exactly feel good about anything there especially since it won't be recurring due to larian walking away. DND project revenue is growing but a small portion. If dragon age does well i wonder if hasbro/wotc will hire these redguard devs since larian bailed

Even if Bioware wants to (and if Veilguard is a success obviously they will want to make a DA5 ASAP), they are committed to a new Mass Effect game. Which means any D&D game from them isn't coming out before 2030.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
User: “The darkspawn look fairly different in veilguard. Is ot a simple redisgn like the demons or is it due to them being enhanced by red lyrium?”
John: “I’m not going to tell you WHAT it is that’s making them look different, since that’s a spoiler, but it’s more than just a visual redesign
This person was being very polite about the changes when really they are just a straight downgrade, between this and the pride demon redesign it feels like every new design team keeps 'fixing' things that aren't broken just to leave their own mark even if they've come up with lore explanations to excuse it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom