Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Gargaune

Arcane
While Dragon Age is known for changing its style with each installment
From passable CRPG to shovelware scam to banal shit boring and soon to legendary lolcow? Yeah, I suppose you could call that "changing its style."

Consider it something of a mix of Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition
lmao-crying-laughing.gif

lycanwarrior

Scholar
From passable CRPG to shovelware scam to banal shit boring and soon to legendary lolcow? Yeah, I suppose you could call that "changing its style."

lmao-crying-laughing.gif
So basically more of an action game with stat trees. Not like the AAA game industry is overflowing with such games already...

Semiurge

Cipher

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

Another Origins will never happen for as long as the IP belongs to EA. It wouldn't suit the current console gamers' unrefined tastes.

At least the hair look neat.

e98161486499297980dee785d7455070.gif

I guess it was about time for Bioware to catch up.

Semiurge

Cipher
First they'll make it possible to make attractive MCs even when all the NPCs are butt-ugly.《 you're here 》

Then they will try to make you feel guilty for doing so.

Finally, you can no longer make attractive MCs, everyone's 100% butt-ugly. You WILL like it and ask for seconds.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
I'll never understand why Bioware ditched the one thing that made DAO stand out - the backgrounds. Having a completely different first act for each and having it affect various shit later on was amazing - I don't think any other RPG went nearly as far with it. To me, that was what really set it apart from the crowd. Only for them to never do it again. Dumbfucks.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I'll never understand why Bioware ditched the one thing that made DAO stand out - the backgrounds.
Devs really, really hate replayability. They'd rather you see all the content they've made in one long playthrough, because most people will not even complete the game, nevermind play it twice.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I'll never understand why Bioware ditched the one thing that made DAO stand out - the backgrounds.
Devs really, really hate replayability. They'd rather you see all the content they've made in one long playthrough, because most people will not even complete the game, nevermind play it twice.
You do everything in one shot means they don't have to deal with a million possible outcomes. That makes making the game much easer. Less time = less capital = more profit.

thesecret1

Arcane
It was the thing of DAO though. It's like making a Hitman game without the disguise mechanics.

Vatnik Wumao
It was the thing of DAO though. It's like making a Hitman game without the disguise mechanics.
Sure, but I think that has a lot to do with it being the first game in the franchise. Besides the playercentric aspect of it which is indeed a nice addition to the roleplaying experience, it mainly helps with showcasing the worldbuilding of this new setting without employing lore dumps or what have you.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Between Bloodlines 2 and this I'm not sure which one pisses me off the most honestly. I think Dragon Age makes me more angry because of the regression of Morrigan throughout the Dragon Age series. I mean they really fucked her over. She was my childhood waifu and now she looks like some dejected crackwhore. This is the product of modern game dev:

MzOCFi2.jpeg

What the fuck even is this bros. I can't even sleep anymore without having a fit of anger. Makes me sad, man.

tldr;

Pretty mid, so another 7/10 on IGN.

PS: I actually went through Metacritic this week. Out of 13,000 games total in their archive, there's a combined total of 60-70 with a score below 30. Last year not even Gollum applied to the club. Clearly the gaming industry is just an industry producing art of highest of qualities -- and a flop only once in every decade. Well: It's either that, or Michael Bay is considering to hop into games as we speak. After all, in the movies, piling up on the explosions, special FX and a cast that would turn heads at Cannes is no insurance against being totally ripped to shreds by critics all throughout your career. Meanwhile: Those AvP and Borderland dumbfucks of a movie? SEVEN OUTTA TEN if turned games, 100%.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
tldr;

PS: I actually went through Metacritic this week. Out of 13,000 games total in their archive, there's a combined total of 60-70 with a score below 30. Last year not even Gollum applied to the club. Clearly the gaming industry is just an industry producing art of highest of qualities -- and a flop only once in every decade. Well: It's either that, or Michael Bay is considering to hop into games as we speak. After all, in the movies, piling up on the explosions, special FX and a cast that would turn heads at Cannes is no insurance against being totally ripped to shreds by critics all throughout your career. Meanwhile: Those AvP and Borderland dumbfucks of a movie? SEVEN OUTTA TEN if turned games, 100%.
Gollum was pure kino nigger.

tldr;

Gollum was pure kino nigger.

It delivered more pure entertainment material in a single frame than Veilguard is likely gonna serve in its entire neutered, inoffensive campaign. I'll give it that. However, this only applied if you didn't devote 50, 60 bucks of your money and not a second more than ten minutes of your lifetime to it.

Those are all rather precious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom