Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Yosharian

Arcane

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Heaven forbid we laugh at the trainwreck, that's loving the game apparently
You're going to buy the game and play it to the end, then say "I was just laughing at it".
Projection?
Who the fuck would actually pay to play this game?
Oh I'm definitely not buying this, but I will play it for free just to see how bad it's gotten
Except denuvo. So you're definitely buying this and then lying about playing it "for free".

babayaga

Educated
Heaven forbid we laugh at the trainwreck, that's loving the game apparently
You're going to buy the game and play it to the end, then say "I was just laughing at it".
Projection?
Who the fuck would actually pay to play this game?
Oh I'm definitely not buying this, but I will play it for free just to see how bad it's gotten
Except denuvo. So you're definitely buying this and then lying about playing it "for free".
Why not just watch a streamer play it? You can have your cake and eat it too.
You don't spend any money, you know what happens in the game and you get extra content for free.

Yosharian

Arcane
I'm not going to pay for dog shit. THAT would be crazy! But if I can find some for free...
A more accurate analogy would be that this is a disease infecting a patient and I'm curious what kind of disease it is and how advanced it is

The patient can't be saved but maybe the disease can be prevented from infecting others...

Camel

Scholar
Love this gem

You’re not an actual fan if all you liked was DAO and think DA2 and DAI were bad. If you were you would’ve liked DA2 and DAI. Like bffr. You’re not the audience. Most people liked DAI. Y’all are just culture war tourists who want to be upset about everything.
The clown world moved so much to the left in gaming, DA:O became conservative and right-wing and you're a literal Nazi and a culture war tourist for liking it and hating DA2/DA:I.

Drowed

Arcane
Honestly, mainstream games for me are dying. I got curious and went to look at my Steam account to see what the last games I bought were, and they were Dwarf Fortress and Chained Echoes, in January 2023. That is, I'm going to complete 2 years without buying anything new, and if you're looking for "big" games, the last one was Elden Ring in November 2022.

Being totally honest, part of this is because the value of games is absurd where I live. I would probably have bought Black Myth: Wukong this year if the launch price wasn't so absurd, but anyway, I don't think it would count as a game from the same hivemind/group. I have no idea when the last game I bought from Bioware, Bethesda, Ubisoft, or any of these big Western developers was.

It's obvious that I don't have any illusions that I'm not part of the general public of these companies (and I don't intend to be), but with the increasing number of failures and backlash that has emerged in the last 2 years, I wouldn't be surprised or sad if big publishers went through a major crisis. Not even engines are escaping this kind of problem, with Godot now having a fork after the Twitter moderator had an existential crisis and blocked half of the users and several developers who actively donated to its development (the most entertaining social suicide to see in recent days).

Essentially, DAV is going to be another one of those games where the discussion surrounding it will be much more entertaining and engaging than the game itself. It already is, by the way.

Hellion

Arcane
It's not every day that we get to experience another big-budget dumpsterfire from the legendary creators of Anthem and Andromeda. From a cultural and anthropological point of view if nothing else, DAV can't come soon enough.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I'm not going to pay for dog shit. THAT would be crazy! But if I can find some for free...
A more accurate analogy would be that this is a disease infecting a patient and I'm curious what kind of disease it is and how advanced it is

The patient can't be saved but maybe the disease can be prevented from infecting others...
So you inject yourself with the disease. Brilliant.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
DA:O became conservative and right-wing
a BioWare game
conservative and right-wing
1728153051004.png

The Overton Window is broken. Someone threw a brick through it and now all we get is hilarity.

2024 is like The Onion but real.

Ryzer

Arcane
DA:O became conservative and right-wing
a BioWare game
conservative and right-wing
View attachment 55867

The Overton Window is broken. Someone threw a brick through it and now all we get is hilarity.

2024 is like The Onion but real.
Technically, DAO feels like a fascist game compared to today standarts: Women that look like women, no transexual, racism, mostly hetero talk, no multikulti representation...

babayaga

Educated
Technically, DAO feels like a fascist game compared to today standarts: Women that look like women, no transexual, racism, mostly hetero talk, no multikulti representation...
Fascism means nothing. The term has gotten so diluted that when you hear it, you just think: "Oh, so it's not filled with gays, trannies and shoehorned in minorities"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom