Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Veilguard sisters, we won

Cope and seethe chuds

Holy shit that top selling game is cursed.

russian-roulette-with-friends-game-so-wrong-but-so-funny-v0-OQ7wfnZIT5QqcQ7FbJz7xKK2cUv-eN-7Iw-0RNUX_80.jpg

damager

Liturgist
I mean okay. Dota 2, a 14 year old F2P game, is ahead of it and 10 games ahead of it is some indie furry game that probably cost 5000 bucks to make so that probably does mean nobody buys it at all :lol:

Semiurge

Cipher
mods that mess with combat speed and animation speeds probably screw up a bunch of stuff. People who use these mods are the same types who use steroids to hit more homeruns during the big game
Usually that's the case, yeah. But in Origins (and 2) enemies use the same weapons and abilities as you, so you just speed up overall combat.

It's not actually sped up, more like it's unrealistically slow in vanilla. Looks better and helps move through trash fights.

Yeah the combat's a bit labourious to sit through without that mod. It was ok at the time, but one is used to faster action these days. It's not a ridiculous speed up, it stlll feels "realistic."
I just played through it recently and stuck to normal and played as a full healer. Even on normal, allistor will die as soon as I look away for 2 seconds

Alistair is literally the only party member you don't need to babysit all the time. You can thank the sword & board style, mostly. It's that overpowered.

You should never assume that garbage won't sell. Especially when it has a brand name. If anything, it's an anomaly when people ignore what the marketers tell them, like with Concord. It's very, very hard to break the average person's conditioning nowadays.

Lodis

Educated
Regardless of how bad of a game it will always have a sizable fanbase solely due to the fact that you can create a virtual avatar and have them kiss other virtual characters. BG3 ignited that popularity even more over the past year. Don't underestimate the amount of people willing to look past red flags for a waifu/husbando simulator.

damager

Liturgist
I still think it will flop. Even Inquisition did flop and that was miles better. The truth is they inflated the "sales" numbers with 2.5$ sales and free downloads over the years.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You should never assume that garbage won't sell. Especially when it has a brand name. If anything, it's an anomaly when people ignore what the marketers tell them, like with Concord. It's very, very hard to break the average person's conditioning nowadays.

Some or the time, at least, the garbage selling is just people buying something to try it out in the vain hope that it will be good. But I think this year has shown that that tolerant attitude has limits.

Gaming could quite easily fall into nothing, a dead induistry, just as movies, etc., if they keep trying to push the DEI crap on everyone. There are a bazillion other ways to spend the time, including touching grass, which is free.

I think this game will probably sell decently initially, as an initial crop of people buy it out of a) loyalty to the scenario and/or b) to see what all the fuss is about, but I reckon it will fall off a cliff pretty quickly.

Camel

Scholar
BioWare's garbage like Anthem and Andromeda did flop so it looks like the DA is more popular.

Even Inquisition did flop and that was miles better.
Yeah, but quality isn't necessarily related to sales. Flopping is of course relative, so I doubt the game will have the fifty million concurrent players they'd like, but it also won't be the double digit number that some people here are hoping for.
including touching grass, which is free
Don't give them ideas, man!

kapisi

Educated
The steam forums are pretty lit, there are quite a few fat chicks / paid actors on there battling the chud hordes.
This is poetry, my good man

I just looked at reddit, they're saying it's number 1 on steam pre-orders. It's full of glee, chuds.

>>Turns out it's because everything else ahead of it has released, including new cod, heh

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Regardless of how bad of a game it will always have a sizable fanbase solely due to the fact that you can create a virtual avatar and have them kiss other virtual characters. BG3 ignited that popularity even more over the past year. Don't underestimate the amount of people willing to look past red flags for a waifu/husbando simulator.
Yep, you can look anywhere and only thing dragon age fans talk about is how much they want to fuck , kiss or date the characters or doing appreciation postd about it characters that we don't know shit about it.. Awful shit.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yep, you can look anywhere and only thing dragon age fans talk about is how much they want to fuck , kiss or date the characters or doing appreciation postd about it characters that we don't know shit about it.. Awful shit.
Well it did start with Alistair/Steve Valentine.
I think Steve Valentine himself even commented on it...:lol:

quixotic

Learned
Veilguard sisters, we won

Cope and seethe chuds

Romancing SaGa 2’s remake is that high? That’s great.

#16 in top sellers and climbing up. I'm a bit worried now.
You shouldn’t be, trust me. I’d compare the enthusiasm for modern Bioware to Bethesda, except even more grim since they never had anything close to Bethesda’s numbers in the past. Unlike Beth, Veilguard doesn’t appeal to the dad demographic that plays games once a week for two hours, it appeals to tumblrcore catladies and trannies, the former doesn’t really buy games, and the latter are a very loud minority whose voices get amplified by corporations and interest groups. If it does well (and I mean well, not “Look how much we sold in a week!” like Starfield, where they took a massive nosedive after it launched and people realized it was shit) I’ll genuinely be shocked.

Yosharian

Arcane
I will play Dragon Age when this game launches. I will do another Origins run.

Will be funny if Origins ends up having more players than Drag Age Failguard in its launch.
Ultimate Edition has 1.1k players in the last 24 hours and 8.3k peak.

https://steamdb.info/app/47810/charts/

It is a possibility, and it would be hilarious.

So, we could organize the following. At day 31, everyone here should play Origins. Lets try to organize in other places too. Lets try to convince people in reeeeedit to do the same!!!
Lmao I'm fucking down

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom