Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: The Veilguard - coming October 31st

Yosharian

Arcane
I just played through it recently and stuck to normal and played as a full healer. Even on normal, allistor will die as soon as I look away for 2 seconds
I have completed this game on the hardest difficulty using only potions for healing so... can't relate

Yosharian

Arcane
I will play Dragon Age when this game launches. I will do another Origins run.

Will be funny if Origins ends up having more players than Drag Age Failguard in its launch.
Ultimate Edition has 1.1k players in the last 24 hours and 8.3k peak.

https://steamdb.info/app/47810/charts/

It is a possibility, and it would be hilarious.

So, we could organize the following. At day 31, everyone here should play Origins. Lets try to organize in other places too. Lets try to convince people in reeeeedit to do the same!!!
Lmao I'm fucking down
One slight problem, I don't own it on Steam and I'm sure as fuck not paying £24.99 for it

Hedasd

Novice
Veilguard sisters, we won

Cope and seethe chuds

#16 in top sellers and climbing up. I'm a bit worried now.
HUeVk2e.png

Why worried? Have you seen what AAA titles of established franchises with 5 months of marketing sit at 3-4 weeks before release? Usually in top 5 if not at #1. Where does this piece of shit of a game sits 3-4 days before launch? #17. I may be the only actual Dragon Age fan here so I genuinely want this game to not succeed and Im feeling better each day we get close to release. Even on reddit and social media only positivty this game gets is from current Bioware fans or where EA community managers have some power to manipulate posts, everyone else shits on it.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Veilguard sisters, we won

Cope and seethe chuds

#16 in top sellers and climbing up. I'm a bit worried now.
HUeVk2e.png

Why worried? Have you seen what AAA titles of established franchises with 5 months of marketing sit at 3-4 weeks before release? Usually in top 5 if not at #1. Where does this piece of shit of a game sits 3-4 days before launch? #17. I may be the only actual Dragon Age fan here so I genuinely want this game to not succeed and Im feeling better each day we get close to release. Even on reddit and social media only positivty this game gets is from current Bioware fans or where EA community managers have some power to manipulate posts, everyone else shits on it.

I think most of us are DA fans, at least of the first game. And most of us wants this to crash and burn harder than the Hindenburg.

Dr1f7

Scholar

hey shithead i like dragon age too i even romanced bastilla so maybe think before you say cr*p like that ! :argh:

Hedasd

Novice
Dont talk to me about being fans if you didnt romance the gay mage in Inquisition just to see if you can persuade him to take the conversion therapy like his rich dad wanted, or picked the evil option during a quest and sacrificed a group of mercenaries just so you can watch the only tranny in Dragon Age die(at least only tranny games had up until now sadly).

Dr1f7

Scholar
Dont talk to me about being fans if you didnt romance the gay mage in Inquisition just to see if you can persuade him to take the conversion therapy like his rich dad wanted, or picked the evil option during a quest and sacrificed a group of mercenaries just so you can watch the only tranny in Dragon Age die(at least only tranny games had up until now sadly).
HA! you walked right into my trap
see, real dragon age fans only played origins, and nothing else
since you played inquisoaptsol(?) u are not a real DA fan
pwnd
witch_of_the_wilds_by_jjcanvas_d4sv4qv-pre.jpg

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Forcing yourself to romance the homosexual guy to try to convert him back in a Biowaste game is not being a fan, it is being a retard...

Hedasd

Novice
Forcing yourself to romance the homosexual guy to try to convert him back in a Biowaste game is not being a fan, it is being a retard...
First of all Im only half-retarded, secondly it was 10 years ago and I was too naive to think they would have included that option for an evil character.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
First of all Im only half-retarded, secondly it was 10 years ago and I was too naive to think they would have included that option for an evil character.
This is why children should be seen and not heard.

Just messing with you. No insult intended.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I will play Dragon Age when this game launches. I will do another Origins run.

Will be funny if Origins ends up having more players than Drag Age Failguard in its launch.
Ultimate Edition has 1.1k players in the last 24 hours and 8.3k peak.

https://steamdb.info/app/47810/charts/

It is a possibility, and it would be hilarious.

So, we could organize the following. At day 31, everyone here should play Origins. Lets try to organize in other places too. Lets try to convince people in reeeeedit to do the same!!!
Lmao I'm fucking down
I don't see the point but since I've got it on Steam might as well join in a rare attempt of 'dexers doing something together.

I mean, I'm not gonna play it or download it, but I'll run 'idle master' for steam to detect I play it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
This is a self-caused problem due to shift in making companions more fleshed out characters in their own right. Regardless of the game you'll inevitably find yourself really liking couple of them, disliking a few and the rest are just there to fill a role. Except developers have decided to tie a lot of the narrative with their companions so you're screwed because if you don't engage with them you're intentionally missing out. Ever-growing part of me yearns for that BG1 approach where your henchman were basically a stat block with some accompanying fluff, and replacements just around the corner if you didn't like them.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
There were already companionfag games before BG2 like Torment, if anything Bioware was copying that.
Poorly, might I add. Torment's companions are all unique and captivating. The BG2 ones were ok, as were those from KotOR. Then it started going downhill, slowly at first (DAO and ME1 companions being good for what they were). Now we are past bland and well into Hopw Roewur Ne territory.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom