Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age update - zombie kittens are in!

Radisshu

Prophet
Let's not get into this debate again, shall we? My point is that your ban was very much deserved, as you tried provoking people in most threads you created. The only one from the bioware forums who have spoken up FOR you is... well, you.

Andhaira

Arcane
Warden said:
Radisshu said:
"DA should be in the forgotten realms"

I've said that DA should be in the forgotten realms!.

Warden you miscreant, dragonage is not based on the dnd lscense. It can;t be in the forgotten realms!!

Gromnir

Liturgist
" We're not trying to please everyone, we're trying to make one thing and make it well enough that perhaps some of these people come to love it for what it is rather than dislike it for what it isn't. "

ssssuuuuurrrreeee. bio is a bit slavish regarding the perceived desires o' the Average Gamer. yeah, there is a recognition that Gaider can't please everybody, but he and bio sure as heck ain't guerrilla tactic revolutionary developers fighting 'gainst the mediocrity and the status quo.

*chuckle*

and yeah, clearly bio is far more inclined to show folks the door. bio doesn't need community opinion so much no more. have enough o' a dedicated fan base such that the fringe element ain't tolerated near as much as it were in the past. Dave talks 'bout the codexian hivemind, but truth to tell, we has seen near as much homogenization at the bio boards of late... albeit, w/o the profanity and vulgarity. is kinda sad.

btw, the manna v. rest issue... isn't. even a poorly designed fatigue based system solves perceived problems. after a fight you gain back fatigue relative quickly. as noted already, players will find ways to have access to full catalog o' spells before the next big fight... so why fight that? take that aspect out of the equation. make so that it is DURING combat that you ask players to manage their fatigue resources. why not spam spells during combat? is not to prevent use o' those spells during some combat in remote future, but rather 'cause you may needs those spells during the current combat or immediate following. is not a genuine concern 'less you slavishly follow past models.

am looking forward to DA, but me raised some concerns 'bout directions in which bio seems headed. will have to wait and see... from a distance.

btw, there is a whole lotta good stuff that bio seems to be aiming for with da. unlike 4e d&d where 1st level choices forever determine your role, bio is at least claiming that they is going in the opposite direction. more freedom from tyranny o' class choice.

story elements won't be near as dark or morally disquieting as has been suggested, 'cause this is bio we is talking 'bout. even so, there is at least an expressed desire by biowarians to confront players with tougher choices... and for all our criticisms o' certain me mechanics, that game did edge closer towards the use o' meaningful sacrifice in a crpg. Dave always talks 'bout doing a crpg with heroic story and elements... is not necessarily forcing good or bad, but is Heroic. well, the biggest obstacle to Gromnir taking such a claim serious has been the absence o' meaningful SACRIFICE in bio games. me moved in the right direction... is cause for optimism.

is much good stuff being said by bio developers, and in spite o' some clear differences 'o opinion we gots regarding protagonist issues and some other mechanics approaches, Gromnir is still optimistic. even so, bio boards is getting much closer to codexian homogenization. hopefully that homogenization ain't the result o' biowarian conceit that they has all the right answers.

HA! Good Fun!

Warden

Arbiter
Gromnir, since you're talking about the homogenization on the biowhore boards (although I would rather call it fascistic enforced homogenization), here is something that happened today:

http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewto ... m=84&sp=15
Shoofly is one of the rare posters there who hasn't been brain washed and has the balls to point out the fallacies of biowhore. It's a short topic, 2 pages, read his posts and tell me if, by common sense, his posts would cause the thread to be locked on any normal (i.e. non fascistic) forum. But, too late - in comes the fat retarded childish bitch chris priestly and:
"No insulting staff on our forums. If you cannot respect people here, you're welcome not to post here.

LOCKDOWN!"

:o

Andhaira

Arcane
Warden did the 3 people in your sig do something to you? Something perverted, sick and awful, leaving you scarred for all time?

WHy do you carry their ics around warden? What is the big secret?

Radisshu

Prophet
Andhaira said:
Warden did the 3 people in your sig do something to you? Something perverted, sick and awful, leaving you scarred for all time?

WHy do you carry their ics around warden? What is the big secret?

He's just carrying a grudge because he got banned from the bio forums for being a complete ass and now he's even more bitter when he failed to get support from the codex.

Warden

Arbiter
Radisshu said:
He's just carrying a grudge because he got banned from the bio forums for being a complete ass and now he's even more bitter when he failed to get support from the codex.

Hahahahaha
Look who's here - the little emo boy. :) Shouldn't you be cutting your veins or something?
Support from the codex? Why would I want such a thing? Do you post on the internetz to get support little emo kiddie?
Anyway, what do you do here? I know.. I know.. it must be hard for you to have every 2nd post censured over there so you must vent somewhere else. ;)
Yes, I got banned from the biowhore forums. It surely is not anything strange since we're talking about a forum where you get banned for writing a displeasent word.
And why are you here little emo moron? Go back to your lockdown censoring heaven! :D

Andhaira

Arcane
:lol:

Wow, Warden getting banne from there really hit you hard eh? Why don't you use IP hacX to scramble your IP and getback in?

Cats eating mice whole

Radisshu

Prophet
I can agree with you about the swear filter, although its understandable since they want to be kid friendly and all that bull - although it is enforced in odd ways:
Once I was banned because I wrote f**** since I had forgotten there was a filter, and thus got banned for "trying to bypass it". Once I got auto-banned for writing "motherfucker" in a post even though there is a swear filter, which didn't make much sense. I've also been banned a few times for getting pissed at people etc. But you were banned because you were a huge troll mate, sorry.

"And why are you here little emo moron? Go back to your lockdown censoring heaven!"

I go there to discuss games that aren't very popular around here (just Dragon Age actually, especially since the devs post information about the game on that forum from time to time), and I go here to read about more obscure and/or oldschool titles that aren't commonly discussed on the bio boards.

Chork

Scholar
I was temp banned from the Bio forums for "arguing". Haven't been back since, don't think I'm really missing anything.

I don't even think Bethesda's forums are that draconian.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Nah. Draconian would be if they came to your house every time you posted soemthing they disapproved of, and beta the crap out of you. That be draconian.

All they're doing is what SP does when he was in charge here. Their house, their rules. You don't like it - GET THE FUCK OUT!

I'm rather 'draconian' in my house. And, I'm sure you are in yours (unless you are stuck with your parents, HA! kinda like Warden is.. nah, he's in a weird mental institution).

Suchy

Arcane
I liked the spellcasting system in Betrayal at Krondor.
There was not spell limit/day, nor mana acting as fuel, but casting spells was physically weakening the caster. The outcome was similiar to the usage of mana - resting was needed after a fight, but it didn't feel so artificial.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Spell limit/day is the best way to handle spells. C00lio!

Andhaira

Arcane
Ugh! Vancian casting (spell memorization) is total SUCK. Which is why 4e is finally moved away from that archaic dinosaur.

Betrayal/Return at/to Krondor had great systems. Wfrpv2 has a fantastic system. Ultima 7 had an increadible system as well. (regent searching! Woooo)

Warden

Arbiter
Chork said:
I was temp banned from the Bio forums for "arguing". Haven't been back since, don't think I'm really missing anything.

No, you were banned for having an opinion which is not totally kissing the ass of biowhore or their fanboys..

But some morons, like raddishhhu, come back for more.. They like being beaten on the ass.
(If you ask, emo boy, I came back to fool around and disrupt everything - I can do it again but I don't want to spend any more energy on them, for now).

Radisshu

Prophet
Warden said:
Chork said:

No, you were banned for having an opinion which is not totally kissing the ass of biowhore or their fanboys..

But some morons, like raddishhhu, come back for more.. They like being beaten on the ass.
(If you ask, emo boy, I came back to fool around and disrupt everything - I can do it again but I don't want to spend any more energy on them, for now).

Well, I can't speak for any others than me, but I've never been banned for disagreeing with the devs over gameplay issues. And Warden, you came back like ten times even though your were perm banned, it was more than a little pathetic.

Chork

Scholar
That's the thing, I wasn't arguing with a Dev, I was arguing with another poster. And it wasn't a "support for Bioware vs. criticism for Bioware" topic, either, it was a discussion on game mechanics.

Like I said, the justification was "arguing". I just cannot understand how that's a banning offense.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
How long did the argument go on for?

I was banned by BIo as well for 'arguing' with another member; but it went on for pages (and multiple threads, lol). It wa s asilly banning, IMO, but it was overturned too. Not that I blame them for being annoyed by repetive arguing.

And, you don't get banned at BIo for posting negative remarks about BIo or their games there. Heck, I've called KOTOR overrated there and BIo has done nothing (KOTOR fanboys on the other hand, lol).

Chork

Scholar
Volourn said:
How long did the argument go on for?

I was banned by BIo as well for 'arguing' with another member; but it went on for pages (and multiple threads, lol). It wa s asilly banning, IMO, but it was overturned too. Not that I blame them for being annoyed by repetive arguing.

And, you don't get banned at BIo for posting negative remarks about BIo or their games there. Heck, I've called KOTOR overrated there and BIo has done nothing (KOTOR fanboys on the other hand, lol).
Yeah, it was a pretty long thread. :lol:

Still though, it kind of turned me off of the whole place, especially since I was only really there for the NWN2 boards (and I can get most of what I need there logged out). I just don't feel like going back there knowing I could get banned again for crossing some very minor (IMO) line.

I have nothing against Bioware, frankly. I enjoyed BG/BG2, and NWN was okay; never played their other games. DA looks like it could be good as well. I just don't like their strict forum policies. Guess the Codex kind of spoiled me in that regard.

Andhaira

Arcane
You could always rally the codexiansaround you and then attack bio forums!

Andhaira

Arcane
Are you enjoying the penis working its way up your anus dagorkan?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom