Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age update - zombie kittens are in!

sabishii

Arbiter
Warden said:
No one asked you to care. In fact, I don't give a damn if you care or not.
Strong words for someone who doesn't care. Ooh! And repetition too!

Warden said:
I, in no way, feel the need to explain myself to the likes of you.
:?

Several hours ago...

Warden said:
Well, since some of you are like dogs all over me- I'll throw you a bone (show you some evidence of what I'm talking about).

For example there was a topic about atmosphere in DA. And a guy named TFVanguard (not me Wink ) made some comments on it;

A dark world is an unpredictabile one.

TFVanguard: "I've found this to be patently untrue. I had predicted every major story point on every dark game, novel, or movie I've seen well before these elements are revealed.

'Dark Fiction' is easily predicatble, since so many of the characters, motivations, are the same - and the 'view of the world' is so incredibly limited. At the risk of using an absolete, I doubt that there is a 'dark' work in existance that will surprise me with the integrity of its story.

This doesn't neccessarily equate to 'bad', but being 'unpredictable' certainly doesn't equate to dark."

Compare, here comes, George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. It's nowhere near as clear cut.

TFVanguard: "You see, that's just it. By my definitions, just about every last major character in that series is evil. And, therefore, I have no interest in it. To me, it is a proof of the truism that 'shades of grey' in literature is always an excuse for the darker shades, since they're all that's ever explored.

For Dragon Age, which is constantly said in interviews, etc, that 'we'll be darker than anything else EVAR!', I can't imagine that such a comparison is a good idea. If I'm playing a protagonist that cannot be a positive influence within the context of the story, then I'm not going to pay the game.

If it's a setting that's an exercise in mystopia, I'm also not likely to bother. And, frankly, I find these settings and characters to be even more grossly unrealistic than the 'all is perfect and light' settings obliquely referred to but are nigh-impossible to actually cite.

Keep in mind, too, that my view on this is likely a dominant vie win the marketplace. It is not like there's been a shortage of 'dark' games, after all. There's been quite a few, and they've almost all bombed - and the companies that made them are now out of business.

Even the 'dark chapter' of Indiana Jones, "Temple of Doom" was an overall flop at the box office and universally panned. One of the reasons that the movies are sold only as a box set is a large belief from Paramount that ToD will not sell on its own.

So when Bioware's interviews describe Dragon Age's setting as nothing but 'more dark than pitch', you can understand my concern. That's why I've said, "compare the feel to other popular works" rather than "dark epic dark dark epic"...

Bioware's own library is a pretty good gauge. Though I do wonder if both staffers and fans alike really remember the CONTENT of these games for which to compare."

The BSG bashing is making me sad.

TFVanguard: "I bash BSG not 'cause it's dark.. but because a casual glance at the show makes it look like bad episodes of LA Law... with the very rare and occaisional bit of bad TNG-style technobabble thrown in to remind viewers that, at some level, this really IS A sci-fi show. :p "

So I'll just say that when it comes to BSG, "I like it." Simpler that way. Best show on TV (though it has some stiff competition, I'll give it that). If anyone disagrees, tough noogies. Razz

TFVanguard: "'Mythbusters' is the best show on TV. :p"

Ok, now read what he has written. Do you find anything offensive or something that made him deserve a ban?
Again; disclaimer- it's not me. I've registered much later.

And davey gaider felt the urge to be obnoxious once again:
"I'll just say this, TFVanguard, and then I'm not going to talk about how "dark" DA is again:

We put out the word that DA is darker because it is, in tone, to the games we've done previously. If it's a message that gets repeated it's because that's the only way to get a message out there. If you pay attention to everything, certainly -- you'll hear the talking points a lot. We are not, however, saying it's "darker than pitch", and you're the only one who seems to think so and quite frankly you're placing far more focus on it than we do.

And, incidentally, you can bash BSG and George R.R. Martin if you like... but suggesting that yours is the "dominant view" in the marketplace just because you can pick out some dark games that didn't do well and conventiently ignore others that either were successful or just don't fit your definition of how dark you believe DA will be? Please.

You can continue on this line, but know this: either keep your tone moderate or the next ban will be permanent."

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.htm ... p=#4835553

Laughing

So the poor guy has probably been banned before and this has earned him a ticket reservation for a permanent ban. Rolling Eyes (I doubt they have anything but a permanent ban.)
And this is just ONE example from countless ones. And it's not just davey who acts like that..
Also, I haven't seen a forum with so many closed topics like on BW boards, yet. Without counting the deleted ones. Laughing

Anyway, maybe it wasn't nice that I posted his picture (from the Bioware site) but I'm just puzzled why is he so frustrated and acts so childishly in his 40s (50s?), so I thought that maybe it's because he's not happy with his looks. Embarassed It could be, you know.. Wink Just wanted to solve the why-is-davey-so-frustrated quest, that's all.

PS. "Dumbfuck", "faggot", "fuckhead".. etc. it says a lot about you. Doesn't say anything at all about me. Smile So if this is a board where these "arguments" are used to discuss it's no wonder you have 3,5 thousands users. BioWareZ has 3,5 millions but only 50-100 are logged in at most. Laughing So you could beat them on the point of logged in users even though they have a 1000 times more registered users than you do. How interesting, isn't it?

You want some facts about his attitude? Like you haven't gotten enough evidence of it here? Ok..

(davey is bolded)

Quote: Posted 07/12/07 03:04 (GMT) by BenX4
But...we'll have our day...eventually...right, BioWare?

Indeed. Every dog has his day.

Quote: Posted 06/25/07 21:26 (GMT) by Allen63
Since when is the customer a tail to be wagged by the developer. Is it not the customer who wags the developer in a consumer oriented capitalistic society

So... if the customer wants us to make a Barbie's Horse Adventure RPG, it's your opinion we should do so?

Quote: Posted 06/26/07 10:31 (GMT) by Torias
Horse bad!

Hedgehog good!

Uh-huh.

Well, okay, if you want to be an *** about it, let's look at that more closely, shall we?

The Sonic game is intended for a younger audience, and is being designed for its platform. We're not going to turn DA into Sonic any more than we would a Barbie Horse Adventure, so can the insinuations.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 16:51 (GMT) by Juhy
Okay, so the Devs are saying that stats and their effect in dialogue are much more complex than 'some of us' think.

Eh? We've said this when? Not that it won't have some effect, but what "some of you" think has very little bearing on or basis in reality, as near as I can tell.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 15:58 (GMT) by imported_beer
Joinable NPCs that don't remind me of previous NPCs would be nice.

Maybe 3 unique non joinable NPCs for flavor.

Everyone else can be generic.

Is that reasonable?

3, huh? You're sure not 4?

Sounds super. Thanks for the tip. Any other specifics while we're at it?

Quote: Posted 06/20/07 10:30 (GMT) by Gecon
But personally, if I would design a rulesystem, I would go for archetypes rather than some limiting concepts.

How are they "limiting"?

You seem to be jumping to some might big conclusions there, based on I have no idea what.
So, please -- I know there's not a lot of information on exactly what classes and abilities we will offer, and that will change in time. Until then, please keep the lecturing to a minimum, because I assure you that whatever you're imagining? It's probably not true. And waxing poetic on how the class system doesn't meet some standard based on the two or three bits of information out there? A bit premature, to say the least.

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:51 (GMT) by Shendalzare_banned
PS. You can ban me all you want, it's so easy to create a new account.
And it's not healthy for you either.. out of the 3,5 million registered users there are only 200-300 miserable souls online. If you keep banning people you'll be stuck with subjective fanboys. But you want that, right?

On the surface, you'd think there's a lot of these guys lurking around, just waiting to be jerks... but there's not. There's just two. Maybe three.

And for the record, you were originally banned for being argumentative and insulting. Big shock, I know. Clearly it's all Chris Priestly's manipulations and our desire for supportive fanboys.

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:03 (GMT) by Shendalzare
There's no new info? :/ Oh, what a pity. But I bet when 1up or Gamespot asks about new info there'll suddenly be a lot of new stuff to say.

(HE GETS REALLY ANGRY HERE)

So once we're ready to talk about Dragon Age in detail, we'll do it both here and abroad. Until then? Feel free to speculate, as well as argue. Just don't be an *** about it. I, on the other hand, I may decide to be an *** if I wish, on immersion or any other topic. But that's because this is my house and YOU are the guest here. And because life's not fair.

Quote: Posted 06/10/07 05:22 (GMT) by Shendalzare
What I don't like about this forum and people from Bioware discussing here is their approach to our curiousity about this game. The fact we don't get any info or very little (when they clearly have a lot of things to say after 4 years) and at the same time seeing them responding to topics with jokes, which I don't find funny at all, is a bit frustrating- especially since there's a "B" sign next to the topic which would supposedly mean there's a new bit of information.

And if you find that too frustrating, as I said above-- perhaps it's time to move on. Door's over there. I always find it interesting that some people immediately accuse everyone who dares to argue with them as fawning fanbois (or, in this case, as "licking" our butts ) as if demeaning everyone else here makes their viewpoints more mature and valid. Ad hominen, indeed.

And this is, folks, just a little preview of his pearls. Wink

Warden said:
Anyway.. Even though I was banned I could still log in, just couldn't post.
You can make a search for the nick Succubus_Prince and you'll find out that that's the last post. ;)

Then that means you are arguing about a ban that occured 3 months ago. And funny enough, David Gaider, a busy enough man, was able to know exactly who you were when he came here and posted right now, despite you using another alias. So you must have been causing some trouble on an alternate account or have done something pretty heavy to be lodged in his memory.

Point is, your story doesn't really add up. And I've lost my oppurtunity to pick up a copy of King of Dragon Pass in an internet auction. So I'm done for now.

Warden

Arbiter
sabishii said:
Warden said:

Warden said:

Several hours ago...

I meant you in singular. I've not shown the evidence just for you, or just for him. You ego-maniacs. ;)

sabishii

Arbiter
Warden said:
sabishii said:
Warden said:

Warden said:

Several hours ago...

I meant you in singular. I've not shown the evidence just for you, or just for him. You ego-maniacs. ;)
Hm.......................................................Okay.

Warden

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Then that means you are arguing about a ban that occured 3 months ago. And funny enough, David Gaider, a busy enough man, was able to know exactly who you were when he came here and posted right now, despite you using another alias. So you must have been causing some trouble on an alternate account or have done something pretty heavy to be lodged in his memory.

Just to clear this out. He remembers me because I was kind enough to pm him twice with some ideas & suggestions about the resting system (which I think is very bad in their games- i.e. button of free mana and hp :roll: ). So that's one of the reasons why he remembers me. But, you'll find something bad about that, again, won't you edward? ;)

Deleted member 7219

I was secretly hoping for a double 'Dumbfuck' tag for Warden.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Warden said:
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Bla- bla- he had a bad day, a little bit of bad sarcasm, a bit of ass-comments, who cares
Well, that's wonderful. I would point out the posts in the hundred thousands as evidence to the contrary. Are either of us more right? Not really. We would need to do a census of every forum user to really find out.

Really, defend him all you want.. but you don't have to analyse every single particle of text- it's for people to see and decide what to think of him. Not for you to play a dave's-lawyer role. And if he expects respect, he must be respectful. So no, he can't act like the last ass if he wants to be treated decently.

Since you want us people to "see and decide what to think of him", I'm just dropping to let you know that I agree with Ed 100%, and am glad he saved the rest of us from answering such drivel.

Warden

Arbiter
Hazelnut said:
Since you want us people to "see and decide what to think of him", I'm just dropping to let you know that I agree with Ed 100%, and am glad he saved the rest of us from answering such drivel.

The "rest of you"- you 2 are representing all 3 600 users? I don't think so.
Of course you will take sides without maybe analysing the situation a bit- just to have an argument. Some of you here tend to just disagree no matter what and fight no matter what, hence the agressive-whining reputation of this forum. Moreover, he brings info about DA so you can fight over something, so of course you'll pick him to cheer for. ;)
Maybe there's a connection between dgaider and some of you here- because you're very similar. You both think that throwing random insults makes you really cool and argumenting your thoughts by rolling eyes makes you have a point..

Unhappy people; he's not happy because he's stuck with what nature gave him, and you're unhappy with whatever rpgs developers serve you with because it's not what you're looking for (i.e. it's not your brain-pictured ideal). So you're both unhappy and bitter and feel the urge to attack random people even if you maybe had the same point a while ago.
Sad..

aries202

Erudite
I don't see anything weong in David Gaider's remarks about this being his house and you are guests in hishouse. And as such you (I and we) are expcted to behave in accordance with the forum rules of the Bioware forums. It just like going to your Grandma's house. You would probably act different around your Grandma's house that you would at home or at a well known friend's house, at least I hope so.

There are things I know I can discuss here and on NMA that I can't discuss at the Bioware forums or on the Bethesda forums. On the Bethesda forums, I know we can discuss such things as the ESRB ratings an dhow they influence the game developments process as well as the rerating of games. We can discuss the topic os why they aren't many woman gamers and similar subjects. On the Bioware forums, we can't discuss this - for some odd reason. On the Bioware forums, we can't discuss religion in games much, but we can do that at great length on the Bethsoft forums.

As for the tone in DA being 'darker' I think this is a good think. This doesn't necessarily mean that you can't be the hero of the story, and having a positive influence on peoples live the DA's storyline. Most likely, you would still be able to influence people in DA in a positive way.

The tone of DA being darker probably refers to the setting, a sort of a return to the 'darker' storyline of Baldur's Gate. As for David's comments about Sonic and Barbie's Horse Adventurers, I think he is absolutely correct, the Sonic game is meant for a younger audience than DA is meant for, and it is as simple as that. And David Gaider once wrote3 something like 'if you don't like the game, please go elsehwere' which made several marketing bosses have a heart attack. (but then, luckily Bioware is run by two doctors ;) ---- so they can prescribe heart medication ;) ---- ).

edit:
Let me say again, then, that the Codex has sympathy for people who can back up their claims rationally and sensibly. We (as a whole) tend NOT to have any sympathy for people who can't, or don't want to, back up their claims against a developer house, such as Bioware. (or any other developer house, for that matter). This goes for ALL people here, both oldies, developers and newcomers alike...

Warden

Arbiter
aries202 said:
edit:
Let me say again, then, that the Codex has sympathy for people who can back up their claims rationally and sensibly. We (as a whole) tend NOT to have any sympathy for people who can't, or don't want to, back up their claims against a developer house, such as Bioware. (or any other developer house, for that matter). This goes for ALL people here, both oldies, developers and newcomers alike...

I did back up my claims. Now it's just your choice if you want to accept those explanations or ignore them. You don't have to agree, either. But acting like donkeys is unnecessary (and I'm not referring to you, obviously). After all I've made a comment about a company you're all well aware of, not about some company from Pluto. Thus I don't see why you all of a sudden expected tons of evidence. I could dig up their forums and copy/paste everything that's really funny and sad at the same time- but I have other things to do in my life, also.

And about your comment that it's their "house" so they can behave like they want ("we can be asses, but you can't" attitude); I would understand this argument if the people in question were kids in a private sand playground and not employees of a big company who want to be treated with respect.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jora said:
Some years ago it was fashionable to make fun of Gaider's appearance and bash Bioware for banning critics. Now you get dumbfucked for it. :?:
It was and still is fashionable to criticize Bioware games' design flaws, hype (although Bethesda beat Bio in this game a long time ago), and argue with Dave about the above mentioned design flaws and stupid concepts.

Anything else wasn't.

Does anyone actaully know the reason for Warden's ban...
I can help you here.

Warden shows up here and starts complaining about the ban. Dave shows up too. Here is Warden's chance to argue with Dave about Dragon Age in a neutral arena where Dave is not a chosen one with super admin powahs, but a regular poster. Instead Warden uses his newly found immunity to make meaningful posts like:

"I don't know what makes me laugh harder- looking at your picture or reading a post of yours..."
"You can stick your little forum you know where.. in that fat **s of yours."
"Anonymity wouldn't hurt you either, since mother nature hasn't been really generous with you. "
"Who's talking? Oh, little dave's talking."
"You post to argue and fight. That's your character- of low quality."

Well, since the Codex is a place where people come to argue and fight, Dave belongs here and Warden doesn't, as all he can do is post stupid shit, complain, and ignore common sense. Hence the title.

If Warden decides to change his ways one day, I'll consider changing his title.

sabishii

Arbiter
Warden said:
The "rest of you"- you 2 are representing all 3 600 users? I don't think so.
Of course you will take sides without maybe analysing the situation a bit- just to have an argument. Some of you here tend to just disagree no matter what and fight no matter what, hence the agressive-whining reputation of this forum.
Actually I think that here nobody's taking sides and everybody's just against you. Good times.

Warden said:
and you're unhappy with whatever rpgs developers serve you with because it's not what you're looking for (i.e. it's not your brain-pictured ideal).
Yeah, I think "dave's bitch" works. Or anybody's bitch actually, since he thinks it's fine to roll over and accept anything even if it doesn't match his ideal.

Warden

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:

No, please, don't. I feel honoured (in a perverted way) when people like you think I'm a dumbfuck.

Sorry Dave (and everyone else) if I hurt your feelings by posting your picture from the Bioware site. I didn't mean to make you angry and force you to resort to words and sentences such as "moron", "pathetically venting your self-righteous frustration".. etc.
But don't worry, such arguments are appreciated here. ;) As long as you can "fight and argue".
I understand.. it's the end of the world when you comment the looks of a person who posts under his real life name AND made his picture public. Because maybe, wondering why is this person so bitter and frustrated you think of one of the obvious reasons and post a link to prove that. After all, many people are frustrated and unhappy with how they look.. Nothing strange.
But it's been labeled as "stupid shit" by the patrolling dumbfuck title giver whilst your moron comments are considered the peak of what's called discussing with arguments. :D

Vault Dweller

Developer
Since you are the one who started bitching, it was your job to prove and support your points, and to use this "neutral grounds" opportunity to have a straightforward discussion with Dave.

Since you gave no arguments, his "moron" comments were perfectly justified.

Warden

Arbiter
Vault Dweller said:
Since you are the one who started bitching, it was your job to prove and support your points, and to use this "neutral grounds" opportunity to have a straightforward discussion with Dave.

Since you gave no arguments, his "moron" comments were perfectly justified.

And what's this:

"Over there at Bioware they have a really strange moderation policy.
Everything that is perceived as something "argumentative" and negative about their style/games is closed/deleted. Deleting accounts if someone dares, oh god forbid, to not lick their fat a**es is also a common practice. Respect for customers = 0. I wonder what they think- who is paying their wages? Blah, how could a writer like david know this little fact..
And who cares if developers post there, since they post (well, at least one of them) to roll eyes and insult people, and if you do the same thing- you're banned.

The recent absurdity that happened over there is their approach about people asking if they're going to show some new stuff about DA at E3. So, devs decided to post on that topic- but NO, they couldn't give a YES or NO even 1 day before E3 started. They didn't even adress the main question/topic. Always "bla, bla, zombie kitten". If you don't have anything to say about the topic- F*** O**! This strawman attitude of not answering anything and always going off-topic really tells much about them. Yet, they demand from others a strict on-topic, about-Biowarez-games-only line, otherwise- off-topic and lockdown."

?

Did I have to post 1000 links to prove my point or act like you're some kind of court here so you'll give a final judgement!? Who the f... (sorry) cares about what's your judgment?
I just made a comment and dave-gorgeous-gaider felt the urge to insult me as well as some other people.

Maybe it would've been better if I had just said "Bioware sucks, their games suck and dgaider is a lousy developer".
But NO, I dared to claim what's happening over there AND even gave some examples.

Blah, why am I discussing with you...

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Warden said:
Just to clear this out. He remembers me because I was kind enough to pm him twice with some ideas & suggestions about the resting system (which I think is very bad in their games- i.e. button of free mana and hp :roll: ). So that's one of the reasons why he remembers me.
Bitch, please.

If you ever pm'd me with any suggestions, I certainly don't recall them. People pm me with suggestions all the time and I generally delete them unread -- not out of any sense of animosity but rather because that's what the forums are for. If you have something to suggest, that's where it goes and I will choose to read it or not.

I'm not going to get into why you were banned originally, which I think should really be obvious to anyone with even marginally more awareness than you've shown yourself. I will say, however, that the reason I remember you is because of your continual returns to our forums under new pseudonyms just to continue your crusade. If you had anything actually interesting to say that might be more noteworthy, but it's not.

Warden said:
Sorry Dave (and everyone else) if I hurt your feelings by posting your picture from the Bioware site. I didn't mean to make you angry and force you to resort to words and sentences such as "moron", "pathetically venting your self-righteous frustration".. etc.
What's interesting is that you keep referring to me thinking I am the center of everything-- umm, yeah. Maybe you should check that thought, yourself. I'm not at all hurt by you posting my picture. I get by just fine, thanks. I do, after all, have a great job-- and a life.

And the things I say I don't say out of anger. At best you might annoy me, but you're far from alone on that score. Mostly I just pity you. Did you really have to come here just to moan about how you were done wrong on our forums? Do you really think that anyone here cares? You came here to attack me personally because I was mentioned in this thread, obviously because you're efforts to re-register at the Bioware site yet again have met without fruition.

Well, whatever. Welcome to it, I guess.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Warden said:
And what's this:

"Over there at Bioware they have a really strange moderation policy.
Everything that is perceived as something "argumentative" and negative about their style/games is closed/deleted. Deleting accounts if someone dares, oh god forbid, to not lick their fat a**es is also a common practice. Respect for customers = 0. I wonder what they think- who is paying their wages? Blah, how could a writer like david know this little fact..
And who cares if developers post there, since they post (well, at least one of them) to roll eyes and insult people, and if you do the same thing- you're banned.

The recent absurdity that happened over there is their approach about people asking if they're going to show some new stuff about DA at E3. So, devs decided to post on that topic- but NO, they couldn't give a YES or NO even 1 day before E3 started. They didn't even adress the main question/topic. Always "bla, bla, zombie kitten". If you don't have anything to say about the topic- F*** O**! This strawman attitude of not answering anything and always going off-topic really tells much about them. Yet, they demand from others a strict on-topic, about-Biowarez-games-only line, otherwise- off-topic and lockdown."
This is whining. Do you have any valid criticism about the game based on the known facts or developers' statement? Post it. Your feelings on how Bioware has treated you are irrelevant.

Who the f... (sorry) cares about what's your judgment?
You, apparently.

Maybe it would've been better if I had just said "Bioware sucks, their games suck and dgaider is a lousy developer".
Without arguments backing up your claims, it really wouldn't have. Welcome to the Codex.

Jora

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
It was and still is fashionable to criticize Bioware games' design flaws, hype (although Bethesda beat Bio in this game a long time ago), and argue with Dave about the above mentioned design flaws and stupid concepts.
Well, that goes without saying.

Anything else wasn't.
I seem to recall quite a wide range of BIO bashing for whatever reasons around the time NWN was released and Saint wrote his review. The common belief was that Bioware banned eveyone who dared to critisize Neverwinter. IIRC people had a different attitude towards mocking Gaider too.

The feeling I got was that Gaider and Bioware are considered more credible by default, because Dave is a DEV. I mean, they had barely even begun talking when Warden was already dumbfucked. Both flamed a little and made vague references to each other's behavior three months ago. Others had no way of knowing what happened back then, but still sided with Dave. It seems hypocritical, which is why I made my first post.

Warden shows up here and starts complaining about the ban. Dave shows up too. Here is Warden's chance to argue with Dave about Dragon Age in a neutral arena where Dave is not a chosen one with super admin powahs, but a regular poster. Instead Warden uses his newly found immunity to make meaningful posts like:
The impression I got was that he came here to complain about BIO boards, not discuss DA. Gaider then responded with an insult (respect for morons zero). It wasn't even a fight over something important, just whether or not the forums are run badly or not. Both sides failed to provide evidence. I don't see how this could be a good reason to tag the other.

So he should drop the accusations against BIO boards and start talking about the sleep function in DA? He gave a link to the thread that supposedly earned him a ban. Gaider hasn't done anything to support his claims.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
People side with Mr. Gaider; because he's cooler. It's that simple. And, i say thatd espite him hating me.

BIO doesn't ban people simply because theyc riticize their games. I criticize KOTOR *ALLTHE TIME* on their boards and wasn't banned for it. Of course, I got banned for other reasons that i personally found silly. Their boards, their whims though. Just like VD cna ban me all he wnats for being 'mean' to him while ignoring when I am mean to others. HAHA! Codex is his house so his rules.

Warden should learn this valuable lesson as well.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Jora said:
The common belief was that Bioware banned eveyone who dared to critisize Neverwinter.
Wouldn't be surprised.

IIRC people had a different attitude towards mocking Gaider too.
And then Gaider earned respect by not running away and blacklisting the Codex, but by showing up, arguing, and defending his points and his designs.

I mean, they had barely even begun talking when Warden was already dumbfucked.
Warden was dumbfucked because he acted stupid, not because Dave said something.

Both flamed a little and made vague references to each other's behavior three months ago. Others had no way of knowing what happened back then, but still sided with Dave.
Read Warden's "arguments" and you'll see why people sided with Dave.

The impression I got was that he came here to complain about BIO boards, not discuss DA.
His complaint was that criticism or questioning is not allowed, so here was his chance to criticize and question, especially since Dave was here. It was his opportunity to make his points without being silenced and maybe even start a good debate. Instead he focused on making fun of Dave's appearance (simply because he can) and taunting him. Which was rather stupid.

So he should drop the accusations against BIO boards and start talking about the sleep function in DA?
No, he should stop acting like a dumbfuck and start putting some mental efforts into his posts.

Dgaider

Liturgist
Developer
Jora said:
Gaider hasn't done anything to support his claims.
I've made no claims. If you all decided as a result of Warden's arguments that the Bioware forums are indeed modded with capricious cruelty-- well, good on him.

I'm not, however, about to back down from a fight when someone posts my picture simply because they can and decides to mock it. So let's see his picture and allow me the same pleasure. No? What, he's some anonymous twit living in a basement in Croatia? How convenient.

No-one's more surprised than I am to hear about my newfound credibility in the Codex (it's a tidal thing, I guess), but whether I am respected or not is really irrelevant. I'll gladly point out who this Warden really is and what his agenda is for suddenly showing up-- otherwise his arguments really speak for themselves. He doesn't want to discuss anything, and that's quite obvious.

And I think I'll simply stop engaging the subject, now. See y'all somewhere else.

Jora

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
And then Gaider earned respect by not running away and blacklisting the Codex, but by showing up, arguing, and defending his points and his designs.
I still fail to understand how that makes him any more reliable than Warden in this case. Smiley Face Dude is cool too but that doesn't mean the ESF aren't badly moderated.

Warden was dumbfucked because he acted stupid, not because Dave said something.
He acted stupid but so did Dave. I just don't see how the latter presented his position any more intelligently. Sure, Warden should've stopped the insult the moment Dave answered him. But Dave could have done the same in his first post.

His complaint was that criticism or questioning is not allowed, so here was his chance to criticize and question, especially since Dave was here. It was his opportunity to make his points without being silenced and maybe even start a good debate. Instead he focused on making fun of Dave's appearance (simply because he can) and taunting him. Which was rather stupid.
Which was mainly after Dave had decided to insult him. I just don't see how either side could come out of this silly debate as a winner wih posts so empty of actual content. Dave could have stopped it right at the beginning, he chose not to.

aries202

Erudite
Warden said:
aries202 said:
edit:

I did back up my claims. Now it's just your choice if you want to accept those explanations or ignore them. You don't have to agree, either. But acting like donkeys is unnecessary (and I'm not referring to you, obviously). After all I've made a comment about a company you're all well aware of, not about some company from Pluto. Thus I don't see why you all of a sudden expected tons of evidence. I could dig up their forums and copy/paste everything that's really funny and sad at the same time- but I have other things to do in my life, also.

And about your comment that it's their "house" so they can behave like they want ("we can be asses, but you can't" attitude); I would understand this argument if the people in question were kids in a private sand playground and not employees of a big company who want to be treated with respect.

Ok, then. I didn't want to this, but this is the case.

Yes, you did back up your claims by showing us some threads from the Bioware forums in which you posted :!: And I do remember the thread that apparently :?: got you banned for good :?: over at the Bioware forums. And in that thread you laid out flamebait, called other people names, insulted David Gaider, and some of the other members of the Bioware team as well as some other people in the thread. I hav read every single one of your comments in depth....and I have to say that not even on Bwthsoft's forum have I've seen such trolling in the comments. And both Christ Priestly, Stanley Wood and David Gaider told you to cut it out, you were given fair warnings, I believe to stop your destructive commenting behaviour. And by destructive I mean calling other people names. trying to goad or conjole other people into seeing your view by laying out traps and the like. Luckily, both Bioware devs. and the Codex people can see through these things rather easily...

As for my calling Bioware a developer house, yesw, it is. It is their house. They get to make the rules. Just like your mama and papa get to make the rules of behaviour in their house. And just like your grandma or your friends can tell you to go away if you behave badly, e.g. break one of their rules in their house(s), so can Bioware and Bethsoft as well as other developer houses. It is their place, you visit. It is as real and tangible, imo, as going to the Bioware compound in Alberta, Edmonton, if & when you visit Bioware's website. If you do something wrong on the Bioware compound, security will give your the boot. How so, can you not expect this to happen, if you behave in a manner not befitting the Bioware website :?: And trust me, when I say that the Bioware website is much more tolerant than the Bethesda website is, when they encounter a behaviour suchs as yours on their website. And please remember that I'm not talking about you as a person, I'm talking about your behaviour, and your comments both here on the Codex as well as on Bioware's website.

edit:
On the Codex there is athread under site content (I think?) which topic is 'a conversation with a game journalist' or someting like that. I have 2-4 posts in that thread and when I found the thread going absolutely nowhere, I just stopped posting in that thread and quitely slipped away - just like a fish ;) - might I suggest that you do the same...

As for you ban, everyone that has read your comments on the Bioware forums understand why your were banned. It wasn't because of your ideas since you absolutely had no ideas in regards to Dragon Age, nor did you contribute in any way to the discussion by pointing out strengths or weaknesses in Dragon Age as you see it.
It seems that you were ONLY interested in starting fights, fuelling flames etc.
Again, this is a note on your comments both on the Bioware forums and and on the Codex.

Whining will get you no nowhere - especially on the Codex - and especially if you don't back up your claims...

Jora

Arcane
Dgaider said:
I've made no claims. If you all decided as a result of Warden's arguments that the Bioware forums are indeed modded with capricious cruelty-- well, good on him.
You could have given a less vague reason for his ban.

- I was banned for posting my ideas!
- No you were not
- yes I was
- No
etc.

I'm not, however, about to back down from a fight when someone posts my picture simply because they can and decides to mock it. So let's see his picture and allow me the same pleasure. No? What, he's some anonymous twit living in a basement in Croatia? How convenient.
Him posting your picture hardly matters as you could still have given some facts to go along with your flame. Not that I really care about the particular argument, it just seems wrong to me that of the two flamers (You even admitted you have no interest in the debate either) only the other one was tagged.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom