Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Age update - zombie kittens are in!

Amasius

Augur
Must be the fastest dumbfucking in the history of the Codex. Truly deserved.
icon_salut.gif

Hazelnut

Erudite
Re: Biowarezz

Warden said:
Hehehe.. I don't know what makes me laugh harder- looking at your picture or reading a post of yours... :D
Well, davey, Biowarez bans everybody who doesn't act like the last fanboi, and you're probably aware of that- hence your agressive response.
I'm frustrated since I can't post on your little playground? Like, you're the only forum on the internet? Oh, I wonder who's pathetically self-righteous here..
You can stick your little forum you know where.. in that fat **s of yours. ;) I'm not interested in a forum where rules aren't applied to everyone (and you admitted it). Like little kiddies playling in their own little garden- "we can be mean but you can't- go away, HA-HA". And not like a normal mature company where rules are rules and are enforced against everyone.
So keep your forum how you like it- subjective and full of fanbois. There are other places where someone can express his own opinion even if it's, oh, not of biowares' liking.
No wonder that out of 3,5 millions (!) registered Bioware users MAXimally 300 are online (90 logged in currently). People see you're bastards and move away.

And instead of patrolling the net in search of negative comments about you and BioWareZ you could concentrate a little bit on Dragon (St)Age (what a moronic name BTW, like there aren't 1000s of games with the words Dragon & Age in them already) so maybe, just maybe, you will be able to finish DA by 2010. Who would want your revolutionary new Eclipse engine to get outdated, right? ;)

HA! Hahahaha. That's one of the most terrible flames I've ever read, so mind numbingly bad it's actually funny. I mean, come on, "looking at your picture" - what? Are you still at primary school or something? Whoo-boy.

Amasius said:
Must be the fastest dumbfucking in the history of the Codex. Truly deserved.
I'm not sure it's actually the quickest, but it's most certainly vaguely impressive in a perverse kind of way.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bah. Dumbfucking Warden is an insult to the whole dumbfucking process. Fuckin' Codex screws up AGAIN!

Warden

Arbiter
Well, since some of you are like dogs all over me- I'll throw you a bone (show you some evidence of what I'm talking about).

For example there was a topic about atmosphere in DA. And a guy named TFVanguard (not me ;) ) made some comments on it;

A dark world is an unpredictabile one.

TFVanguard: "I've found this to be patently untrue. I had predicted every major story point on every dark game, novel, or movie I've seen well before these elements are revealed.

'Dark Fiction' is easily predicatble, since so many of the characters, motivations, are the same - and the 'view of the world' is so incredibly limited. At the risk of using an absolete, I doubt that there is a 'dark' work in existance that will surprise me with the integrity of its story.

This doesn't neccessarily equate to 'bad', but being 'unpredictable' certainly doesn't equate to dark."

Compare, here comes, George Martin's Song of Ice and Fire. It's nowhere near as clear cut.

TFVanguard: "You see, that's just it. By my definitions, just about every last major character in that series is evil. And, therefore, I have no interest in it. To me, it is a proof of the truism that 'shades of grey' in literature is always an excuse for the darker shades, since they're all that's ever explored.

For Dragon Age, which is constantly said in interviews, etc, that 'we'll be darker than anything else EVAR!', I can't imagine that such a comparison is a good idea. If I'm playing a protagonist that cannot be a positive influence within the context of the story, then I'm not going to pay the game.

If it's a setting that's an exercise in mystopia, I'm also not likely to bother. And, frankly, I find these settings and characters to be even more grossly unrealistic than the 'all is perfect and light' settings obliquely referred to but are nigh-impossible to actually cite.

Keep in mind, too, that my view on this is likely a dominant vie win the marketplace. It is not like there's been a shortage of 'dark' games, after all. There's been quite a few, and they've almost all bombed - and the companies that made them are now out of business.

Even the 'dark chapter' of Indiana Jones, "Temple of Doom" was an overall flop at the box office and universally panned. One of the reasons that the movies are sold only as a box set is a large belief from Paramount that ToD will not sell on its own.

So when Bioware's interviews describe Dragon Age's setting as nothing but 'more dark than pitch', you can understand my concern. That's why I've said, "compare the feel to other popular works" rather than "dark epic dark dark epic"...

Bioware's own library is a pretty good gauge. Though I do wonder if both staffers and fans alike really remember the CONTENT of these games for which to compare."

The BSG bashing is making me sad.

TFVanguard: "I bash BSG not 'cause it's dark.. but because a casual glance at the show makes it look like bad episodes of LA Law... with the very rare and occaisional bit of bad TNG-style technobabble thrown in to remind viewers that, at some level, this really IS A sci-fi show. :p "

So I'll just say that when it comes to BSG, "I like it." Simpler that way. Best show on TV (though it has some stiff competition, I'll give it that). If anyone disagrees, tough noogies. :P

TFVanguard: "'Mythbusters' is the best show on TV. :p"

Ok, now read what he has written. Do you find anything offensive or something that made him deserve a ban?
Again; disclaimer- it's not me. I've registered much later.

And davey gaider felt the urge to be obnoxious once again:
"I'll just say this, TFVanguard, and then I'm not going to talk about how "dark" DA is again:

We put out the word that DA is darker because it is, in tone, to the games we've done previously. If it's a message that gets repeated it's because that's the only way to get a message out there. If you pay attention to everything, certainly -- you'll hear the talking points a lot. We are not, however, saying it's "darker than pitch", and you're the only one who seems to think so and quite frankly you're placing far more focus on it than we do.

And, incidentally, you can bash BSG and George R.R. Martin if you like... but suggesting that yours is the "dominant view" in the marketplace just because you can pick out some dark games that didn't do well and conventiently ignore others that either were successful or just don't fit your definition of how dark you believe DA will be? Please.

You can continue on this line, but know this: either keep your tone moderate or the next ban will be permanent."

http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.htm ... p=#4835553

:lol:

So the poor guy has probably been banned before and this has earned him a ticket reservation for a permanent ban. :roll: (I doubt they have anything but a permanent ban.)
And this is just ONE example from countless ones. And it's not just davey who acts like that..
Also, I haven't seen a forum with so many closed topics like on BW boards, yet. Without counting the deleted ones. :lol:

Anyway, maybe it wasn't nice that I posted his picture (from the Bioware site) but I'm just puzzled why is he so frustrated and acts so childishly in his 40s (50s?), so I thought that maybe it's because he's not happy with his looks. :oops: It could be, you know.. ;) Just wanted to solve the why-is-davey-so-frustrated quest, that's all.

PS. "Dumbfuck", "faggot", "fuckhead".. etc. it says a lot about you. Doesn't say anything at all about me. :) So if this is a board where these "arguments" are used to discuss it's no wonder you have 3,5 thousands users. BioWareZ has 3,5 millions but only 50-100 are logged in at most. :lol: So you could beat them on the point of logged in users even though they have a 1000 times more registered users than you do. How interesting, isn't it?

Warden said:
Ok, now read what he has written. Do you find anything offensive or something that made him deserve a ban?

No...but he did get some mighty offensive posts in this thread deleted and caused the thread to get locked. He isn't Mr. Innocent apparently. So I'm sure he had some problems controlling his speech if the Codex made him flip out.

Also, I haven't seen a forum with so many closed topics like on BW boards, yet. Without counting the deleted ones.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/

Have fun and say hi to the Bethstapo for me. Make a thread called "Multiheaded Todds Raping Gameplay and Setting" and see what happens and how quickly.

PS. "Dumbfuck", "faggot", "fuckhead".. etc. it says a lot about you.

Yes, because we are obviously all a hivemind. Brilliant deduction sir. And i'm sorry if my (rather poor) imitation of a certain Fallout community celebrity offended you. Really. I figured you would just find us a bunch of angry assholes and leave. Please accept my condolances.

Doesn't say anything at all about me. :)

Yeah it does. You go and run a smear campaign on someone with a generally good reputation around here with absolutely no evidence. That's exactly what someone of your title would do. I personally think the new "Weasel" tag would be more appropriate. Heck, if Gaider hadn't pointed out who you were, I might have thought you were that Attrebus bloke from the ESF or maybe the GameSpy assistant editor coming here to troll.

Not to mention your smear campaign is attacking somebody personally. That's asking for a "warm welcome". If you can't take the heat....don't play with fire. If you attack someone personally, you've opened up Pandora's Box, my friend.

So if this is a board where these "arguments" are used to discuss it's no wonder you have 3,5 thousands users.

And this has anything to do with the topic at hand, how?

BioWareZ has 3,5 millions but only 50-100 are logged in at most.

Your point?

So you could beat them on the point of logged in users even though they have a 1000 times more registered users than you do. How interesting, isn't it?

Not really. They are the website of a large developer. The Codex is a small news site with a pretty nice forum where you can say just about anything you want as long as you back it up. Which you didn't. And that's why you are a proud recipient of the greatest honor besides being a double dumbfuck or king dumbfuck.

Jora

Arcane
Some years ago it was fashionable to make fun of Gaider's appearance and bash Bioware for banning critics. Now you get dumbfucked for it. :?:

Does anyone actaully know the reason for Warden's ban or are you just trying to suck dev cock? The Codex has lots of members from Bethesda boards who came here after getting banned or after their threads critisizing Bethesda were locked. Should we dumbfuck them too for being attention whores craving for sympathy?

Warden

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
No...but he did get some mighty offensive posts in this thread deleted and caused the thread to get locked. He isn't Mr. Innocent apparently. So I'm sure he had some problems controlling his speech if the Codex made him flip out.

Hmm, you put a link to a topic where they (basically) say you're all idiots here. :o

BioWareZ has 3,5 millions but only 50-100 are logged in at most.
Your point?

Don't you notice something strange? 3,5 millions users - 75 logged in. If you don't, I can't help you. It's mother nature, again.

Warden

Arbiter
Jora said:
Some years ago it was fashionable to make fun of Gaider's appearance and bash Bioware for banning critics. Now you get dumbfucked for it. :?:

Ah, yes, now it's demode probably. Some people have short-term memory it seems. The everlasting problem of humanity. :/

Jora

Arcane
Bradylama said:
Warden is full of shit, don't be a moron.
When it's just his word against Dave's, others should stay out of it until either side has produced facts. Otherwise they make themselves perfect candidates for dumbfucking.

Jora said:
Does anyone actaully know the reason for Warden's ban or are you just trying to suck dev cock?

Does anyone really need to? If he had a legitimate complaint he wouldn't have needed to resort to petty personal attacks and such. He would have maybe said something a little more reasonable. Maybe explained it. Maybe even posted the reason given. But no, he just went with personal attacks.

The Codex has lots of members from Bethesda boards who came here after getting banned or after their threads critisizing Bethesda were locked. Should we dumbfuck them too for being attention whores craving for sympathy?

It's all in the presentation, at least in my view. Check out this topic made by an Elder Scrolls Forums refugee and then look at our newest dumbfuck's tirade. Bit of a difference, don't you agree? Plus, it is pretty much a fact that the Elder Scrolls Forums are a bit of a "tight ship" and that many of the power figures there aren't exactly trustworthy. Gaider, on the other hand, has a bit of trust built up with some of the Codex members. We have no reason to believe this person over Gaider.

Warden said:
Hmm, you put a link to a topic where they (basically) say you're all idiots here. Surprised

Really now? I saw a different vibe in that thread. Anyways, that fellow you were speaking of happened to get posts deleted in the one thread I saw, and I saw it because it was linked from here. So I think he probably did deserve the punishment. maybe you could provide your own story in a coherent fashion? That might help....

Don't you notice something strange? 3,5 millions users - 75 logged in. If you don't, I can't help you. It's mother nature, again.

Well....unless you are on a Pacific Time Zone, it's quite an odd hour for most people. I think a "Most Users Logged In Ever" feature might be a bit more informative. But moreso would be random sampling of logged in users at randomly selected times of day. Whatever though.

Warden

Arbiter
You want some facts about his attitude? Like you haven't gotten enough evidence of it here? Ok..

(davey is bolded)

Quote: Posted 07/12/07 03:04 (GMT) by BenX4
But...we'll have our day...eventually...right, BioWare?

Indeed. Every dog has his day.

Quote: Posted 06/25/07 21:26 (GMT) by Allen63
Since when is the customer a tail to be wagged by the developer. Is it not the customer who wags the developer in a consumer oriented capitalistic society

So... if the customer wants us to make a Barbie's Horse Adventure RPG, it's your opinion we should do so?

Quote: Posted 06/26/07 10:31 (GMT) by Torias
Horse bad!

Hedgehog good!

Uh-huh.

Well, okay, if you want to be an *** about it, let's look at that more closely, shall we?

The Sonic game is intended for a younger audience, and is being designed for its platform. We're not going to turn DA into Sonic any more than we would a Barbie Horse Adventure, so can the insinuations.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 16:51 (GMT) by Juhy
Okay, so the Devs are saying that stats and their effect in dialogue are much more complex than 'some of us' think.

Eh? We've said this when? Not that it won't have some effect, but what "some of you" think has very little bearing on or basis in reality, as near as I can tell.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 15:58 (GMT) by imported_beer
Joinable NPCs that don't remind me of previous NPCs would be nice.

Maybe 3 unique non joinable NPCs for flavor.

Everyone else can be generic.

Is that reasonable?

3, huh? You're sure not 4?

Sounds super. Thanks for the tip. Any other specifics while we're at it?

Quote: Posted 06/20/07 10:30 (GMT) by Gecon
But personally, if I would design a rulesystem, I would go for archetypes rather than some limiting concepts.

How are they "limiting"?

You seem to be jumping to some might big conclusions there, based on I have no idea what.
So, please -- I know there's not a lot of information on exactly what classes and abilities we will offer, and that will change in time. Until then, please keep the lecturing to a minimum, because I assure you that whatever you're imagining? It's probably not true. And waxing poetic on how the class system doesn't meet some standard based on the two or three bits of information out there? A bit premature, to say the least.

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:51 (GMT) by Shendalzare_banned
PS. You can ban me all you want, it's so easy to create a new account.
And it's not healthy for you either.. out of the 3,5 million registered users there are only 200-300 miserable souls online. If you keep banning people you'll be stuck with subjective fanboys. But you want that, right?

On the surface, you'd think there's a lot of these guys lurking around, just waiting to be jerks... but there's not. There's just two. Maybe three.

And for the record, you were originally banned for being argumentative and insulting. Big shock, I know. Clearly it's all Chris Priestly's manipulations and our desire for supportive fanboys.

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:03 (GMT) by Shendalzare
There's no new info? :/ Oh, what a pity. But I bet when 1up or Gamespot asks about new info there'll suddenly be a lot of new stuff to say.

(HE GETS REALLY ANGRY HERE)

So once we're ready to talk about Dragon Age in detail, we'll do it both here and abroad. Until then? Feel free to speculate, as well as argue. Just don't be an *** about it. I, on the other hand, I may decide to be an *** if I wish, on immersion or any other topic. But that's because this is my house and YOU are the guest here. And because life's not fair.

Quote: Posted 06/10/07 05:22 (GMT) by Shendalzare
What I don't like about this forum and people from Bioware discussing here is their approach to our curiousity about this game. The fact we don't get any info or very little (when they clearly have a lot of things to say after 4 years) and at the same time seeing them responding to topics with jokes, which I don't find funny at all, is a bit frustrating- especially since there's a "B" sign next to the topic which would supposedly mean there's a new bit of information.

And if you find that too frustrating, as I said above-- perhaps it's time to move on. Door's over there. I always find it interesting that some people immediately accuse everyone who dares to argue with them as fawning fanbois (or, in this case, as "licking" our butts ) as if demeaning everyone else here makes their viewpoints more mature and valid. Ad hominen, indeed.

And this is, folks, just a little preview of his pearls. ;)

Jora

Arcane
He would have maybe said something a little more reasonable. Maybe explained it. Maybe even posted the reason given. But no, he just went with personal attacks.
You mean he posted what the Codex has been saying for years? Gaider could've presented evidence to support his arguments, but he resorted to calling Warden a moron. So we have two people acting stupid. Best ignore them until they've made progress.

It's all in the presentation, at least in my view. Check out this topic made by an Elder Scrolls Forums refugee and then look at our newest dumbfuck's tirade. Bit of a difference, don't you agree?
Yep, but I'm pretty sure I've seen more pathetic ex-ESF people too.

Plus, it is pretty much a fact that the Elder Scrolls Forums are a bit of a "tight ship" and that many of the power figures there aren't exactly trustworthy.
I thought that was the consensus on BIO boards too?

Gaider, on the other hand, has a bit of trust built up with some of the Codex members. We have no reason to believe this person over Gaider.
Hey, I've liked Gaider ever since he made those Throne of Bhaal mods together with the community. But people have many sides and we should be looking at the facts, not the person.

Warden

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Really now? I saw a different vibe in that thread.

Really? The topic got closed after 4 pages with these lines:

"So our forum is better than their forum and our game is better than their game and our dad can beat up their dad, neener neener neener? Okay, now that that's done, y'all feel better now? Sufficiently smug?

Good, because this gets closed now. Let's not use this forum for bashing other forums again, please. Thank you.

End of line."

Well....unless you are on a Pacific Time Zone, it's quite an odd hour for most people. I think a "Most Users Logged In Ever" feature might be a bit more informative. But moreso would be random sampling of logged in users at randomly selected times of day. Whatever though.

Sweetheart, I have been there in every possible period of the day, and they have never ever had more than 100 logged in users (out of 3,5 millions !!). They have about 150-200 guests as well.
Since you need a translation; this means that people don't enjoy posting there.

Warden

Arbiter
And why I didn't present the reasons why I think I have been banned unjustly? Are we in a court or something? I left that out because it could sound subjective so I've rather shown evidence of them acting like bastards with other people. Does this make sense to you? Ok, I will try to find the topic in which I posted and that costed me a permanent ban.
Here you go;

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... =109&sp=15

I have been banned after this, I think. My nick there was Succubus_Prince.

Edit:
Actually, this is the last topic I've posted in, after which I got banned. See it for yourself. The previous one may have been the "trigger". :)
http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewto ... m=84&sp=75

Warden said:
You want some facts about his attitude? Like you haven't gotten enough evidence of it here?

Nope. He's pretty tame compared to the rest of us.

Quote: Posted 07/12/07 03:04 (GMT) by BenX4
But...we'll have our day...eventually...right, BioWare?

Indeed. Every dog has his day.

How is this offensive? He's just using an old saying/adage. He wasn't calling people dogs you know.....

Quote: Posted 06/25/07 21:26 (GMT) by Allen63
Since when is the customer a tail to be wagged by the developer. Is it not the customer who wags the developer in a consumer oriented capitalistic society

So... if the customer wants us to make a Barbie's Horse Adventure RPG, it's your opinion we should do so?

And how is it bad that a developer wants to follow their vision as opposed to market trends? Tim Cain sure didn't think of the mass market when he made Arcanum. And it was a great RPG, because he made it the way he and the Troika crew wanted to. Yet Todd and crew followed the mass market and we got Oblivion, which was absolutely awful as far as role-playing goes.

Quote: Posted 06/26/07 10:31 (GMT) by Torias
Horse bad!

Hedgehog good!

Uh-huh.

Well, okay, if you want to be an *** about it, let's look at that more closely, shall we?

The Sonic game is intended for a younger audience, and is being designed for its platform. We're not going to turn DA into Sonic any more than we would a Barbie Horse Adventure, so can the insinuations.

The "Horse bad, Hedgehog good" comment was silly. The games are mutually exclusive. sure, a Sonic RPG is wacked out, but Gaider isn't Hudson or the doctors. He doesn't have control over that. He isn't going to change Dragon Age for sonic.....or at least I hope not. Anyways, it was a pretty weak argument and Gaider shut it down.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 16:51 (GMT) by Juhy
Okay, so the Devs are saying that stats and their effect in dialogue are much more complex than 'some of us' think.

Eh? We've said this when? Not that it won't have some effect, but what "some of you" think has very little bearing on or basis in reality, as near as I can tell.

He's merely stating that some people have unrealistic expectations and should lose them. Much better than endless hype, but that is just me.

Quote: Posted 06/27/07 15:58 (GMT) by imported_beer
Joinable NPCs that don't remind me of previous NPCs would be nice.

Maybe 3 unique non joinable NPCs for flavor.

Everyone else can be generic.

Is that reasonable?

3, huh? You're sure not 4?

Sounds super. Thanks for the tip. Any other specifics while we're at it?

This seems taken out of context. However it was a bit of a smart-ass remark, but smart-ass doesn't mean evil hell spawn. People can be sarcastic you know....

Quote: Posted 06/20/07 10:30 (GMT) by Gecon
But personally, if I would design a rulesystem, I would go for archetypes rather than some limiting concepts.

How are they "limiting"?

You seem to be jumping to some might big conclusions there, based on I have no idea what.
So, please -- I know there's not a lot of information on exactly what classes and abilities we will offer, and that will change in time. Until then, please keep the lecturing to a minimum, because I assure you that whatever you're imagining? It's probably not true. And waxing poetic on how the class system doesn't meet some standard based on the two or three bits of information out there? A bit premature, to say the least.

Is it really so awful for a developer to say that something might change a design goes further down the road? It's better than Bethesda style "BEST RPG EVAH!" or Casey Hudson and "EXTREME".

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:51 (GMT) by Shendalzare_banned
PS. You can ban me all you want, it's so easy to create a new account.
And it's not healthy for you either.. out of the 3,5 million registered users there are only 200-300 miserable souls online. If you keep banning people you'll be stuck with subjective fanboys. But you want that, right?

On the surface, you'd think there's a lot of these guys lurking around, just waiting to be jerks... but there's not. There's just two. Maybe three.

And for the record, you were originally banned for being argumentative and insulting. Big shock, I know. Clearly it's all Chris Priestly's manipulations and our desire for supportive fanboys.

What is with this one? You post a person being an internet dramatic who is going off on Bioware with no evidence, and who has apparently been banned before, and such and Gaider responds pretty calmly. Are you grasping for straws here?

Quote: Posted 06/11/07 16:03 (GMT) by Shendalzare
There's no new info? :/ Oh, what a pity. But I bet when 1up or Gamespot asks about new info there'll suddenly be a lot of new stuff to say.

(HE GETS REALLY ANGRY HERE)

So once we're ready to talk about Dragon Age in detail, we'll do it both here and abroad. Until then? Feel free to speculate, as well as argue. Just don't be an *** about it. I, on the other hand, I may decide to be an *** if I wish, on immersion or any other topic. But that's because this is my house and YOU are the guest here. And because life's not fair.

Ok, he made an arrogant joke. That's it. I find it to be pretty bad humor. But, hey, not everybody can make comedic gold with every attempt. And occasionally people might say something out of color or a little arrogant. Big deal. I'm still not seeing the New Bioware Order you seem to be insinuating that lurks in the forums and bans all who oppose Bioware's true agenda of filling the RPG genre with tons of elf cleavage and romances.

Quote: Posted 06/10/07 05:22 (GMT) by Shendalzare
What I don't like about this forum and people from Bioware discussing here is their approach to our curiousity about this game. The fact we don't get any info or very little (when they clearly have a lot of things to say after 4 years) and at the same time seeing them responding to topics with jokes, which I don't find funny at all, is a bit frustrating- especially since there's a "B" sign next to the topic which would supposedly mean there's a new bit of information.

And if you find that too frustrating, as I said above-- perhaps it's time to move on. Door's over there. I always find it interesting that some people immediately accuse everyone who dares to argue with them as fawning fanbois (or, in this case, as "licking" our butts ) as if demeaning everyone else here makes their viewpoints more mature and valid. Ad hominen, indeed.

You sure you're giving me the whole gist with this one? This is the banned person here. Gaider also references some sort of "fanboy" remark that is strangely absent from the above post he is responding to. Typically people don't pull entire topics of discussion out of nowhere. Something tells me you aren't giving me the full story on this one. You wouldn't do something like that, would you?

Look, I really think you probably got upset, said a few things out of order, and got a ban. Maybe I would be inclined to believe you more if you didn't come in here with personal attacks a blazin', and self righteous fury at full steam. You could have just explained why you got the axe, why you think you got the axe, and provided some proof. You haven't done any of that yet.

Really? The topic got closed after 4 pages with these lines:

Yeah. Your example forumite is to blame for that. There were a few Codexers and some Bioware forumites having a decent discussion.

Sweetheart, I have been there in every possible period of the day, and they have never ever had more than 100 logged in users (out of 3,5 millions !!). They have about 150-200 guests as well. Since you need a translation; this means that people don't enjoy posting there.

Well, that's wonderful. I would point out the posts in the hundred thousands as evidence to the contrary. Are either of us more right? Not really. We would need to do a census of every forum user to really find out.

Jora said:
You mean he posted what the Codex has been saying for years? Gaider could've presented evidence to support his arguments, but he resorted to calling Warden a moron. So we have two people acting stupid. Best ignore them until they've made progress.

Did he really need to bring any evidence? Did Warden not come in and trash his own credibility?

Yep, but I'm pretty sure I've seen more pathetic ex-ESF people too.

Well....yeah. I guess they must have just thought joining the anti-Bethesda was the cool thing to do, just like joining the anti-Bioware and complaining about their ban is the cool thing to do.

I thought that was the consensus on BIO boards too?

All developer forums have pretty tight moderation. Whether it be Bungie, Bioware, Epic, Crytek, or DICE. But Bethesda takes it a step urther. I guess Bioware does have strict moderating, just not as strict.

Hey, I've liked Gaider ever since he made those Throne of Bhaal mods together with the community. But people have many sides and we should be looking at the facts, not the person.

In the absence of solid evidence, it's the only thing to turn to.

Warden

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Bla- bla- he had a bad day, a little bit of bad sarcasm, a bit of ass-comments, who cares
Well, that's wonderful. I would point out the posts in the hundred thousands as evidence to the contrary. Are either of us more right? Not really. We would need to do a census of every forum user to really find out.

Really, defend him all you want.. but you don't have to analyse every single particle of text- it's for people to see and decide what to think of him. Not for you to play a dave's-lawyer role. And if he expects respect, he must be respectful. So no, he can't act like the last ass if he wants to be treated decently.

"I would point out the posts in the hundred thousands as evidence to the contrary."

They have barely 2 posts per user. ;)

Warden said:
And why I didn't present the reasons why I think I have been banned unjustly? Are we in a court or something? I left that out because it could sound subjective so I've rather shown evidence of them acting like bastards with other people. Does this make sense to you? Ok, I will try to find the topic in which I posted and that costed me a permanent ban.
Here you go;

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/vi ... =109&sp=15

I have been banned after this, I think. My nick there was Succubus_Prince.

Edit:
Actually, this is the last topic I've posted in, after which I got banned. See it for yourself. The previous one may have been the "trigger". :)
http://forums.bioware.com/forums/viewto ... m=84&sp=75

Huh.....you've got some holes in your story. That last post is dated as 4/15/07, yet it says in your profile you were last active June 11th 2007. So you couldn't have been banned right after that. Add in the fact that moderators delete heavily objectionable posts and I'd say you aren't being completely honest with us here. Am I going a bit overboard in my internet detective work?

Warden

Arbiter
Edward_R_Murrow said:
Huh.....you've got some holes in your story. That last post is dated as 4/15/07, yet it says in your profile you were last active June 11th 2007. So you couldn't have been banned right after that. Add in the fact that moderators delete heavily objectionable posts and I'd say you aren't being completely honest with us here. Am I going a bit overboard in my internet detective work?

I, in no way, feel the need to explain myself to the likes of you.
Anyway.. Even though I was banned I could still log in, just couldn't post.
You can make a search for the nick Succubus_Prince and you'll find out that that's the last post. ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom