Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Dragon Commander - Larian Announces New Game

PorkaMorka

Arcane
I don't get it.

All the other units in the trailer look like Sci Fi units, not fantasy units.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
pocahaunted said:
The fuck? I'm incredibly disappointed.

Let's not even comment on the name, Dragon Commander? Really? Did they ask a 12 year old for input?

I seriously thought it was a joke/parody title like the Serious Sam devs pull off from time to time.

Micmu

Magister
...and not the other way around?
I other words: not turn based. But thanks for playing!
bye

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's multiplatform.

A multiplatform "strategy". If there is a worse genre than console shooters then this is the one.

The whole "strategy" will be you controlling the main dragon while a few of them flying behind you and you give orders to attack your target / defend your dragon with X and Y.

The show's over, kids.

Metro said:
pocahaunted said:
Let's not even comment on the name, Dragon Commander? Really? Did they ask a 12 year old for input?

I seriously thought it was a joke/parody title like the Serious Sam devs pull off from time to time.

I don't see what's so bad about it...is it a kneejerk reaction to the word "dragon", because of Skyrim? Don't deny your nerd heritage, my brothers. Dragons will always be present.

80605-dragon-wars-commodore-64-screenshot-title-screen-is-copied.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Welcome to the codex, where every piece of information can be terribly rage-inducing. :roll:

Nah, the game sounds good, actually. Well, what little we now about it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't see what's so bad about it...is it a kneejerk reaction to the word "dragon", because of Skyrim? Don't deny your nerd heritage, my brothers. Dragons will always be present.

It's not just the word 'Dragon,' it's the awkward combination with 'Commander.'

Morkar Left

Metro said:
Clockwork Knight said:

It's not just the word 'Dragon,' it's the awkward combination with 'Commander.'

Dragon Commander is a step above Dragon Knight. It makes sense but doesn't sound good as a game title. Whatever, I'm more worried about the actual game than its title.

Bahamut

Arcane
THINK LIKE A COMMANDER FIGHT LIKE A DRAGON,

Bit too cheesy for my taste

Kraszu

Prophet
MetalCraze said:
It's multiplatform.

A multiplatform "strategy". If there is a worse genre than console shooters then this is the one.

The whole "strategy" will be you controlling the main dragon while a few of them flying behind you and you give orders to attack your target / defend your dragon with X and Y.

The show's over, kids.

The strategy part is mostly on the big TB overall map. Or so it sounds like.

I like such combination myself, but the trailer looked rather disappointing, Dragons, and aircrafts with jet engines? Where is the steampunk?

Mortmal

Arcane
I dont understand why so many of you liked dinvinty 2, it was really super repetitive, the same encounters each time, no special abilities on any of them, the same encounter reskinned thousands of times. The combat was quite dull jumping and striking all the time. I prefered the top down divine divinity.
I' ve played worse games but really this one is overrated, as action rpgs i prefer way more the witcher 1-2.
Not expecting much from this , we have no details on the gameplay mechanisms at all.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
It's funny that I'm not excited for this game at all. Absolutely don't care what comes out of it.

And I liked both Divinity games.

Maybe it's just "too much innovation" for me. Big publishers like EA must be right, too much innovation and experimenting is too risky, because of the lack of an established audience.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
haha o wow

if the gameplays good and they keep exploiting dragons as unabashedly as they are now this game could be p cool

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom