Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
gotta say i dig that they added a lot of special armors like the trophy set.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
neat looking ranged armor set.
trophy jacket recovers from debilitations faster, trophy bracers recover stamina after killing blows, trophy boots boost carrying weight (or reduce your weight rank, not sure which). may have more parts but i've yet to find them.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
i don't think it is farmable... other than rerunning the entirety of the dungeon before you finish the boss (after you beat him everything becomes considerably harder).
that room with the two gorecyclopes chained in the courtyard was pretty easy when you're a mk and can just gc them into oblivion from one of the ledges after clearing the pawns first and gorecyclopes drop nice cursed loot... or any of the arena-like rooms or sunken city 'cos those tend to have a lot of chests.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
any ranged class will do since wherever there is a gore, there is a ledge where he can't touch you.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
The room with the 2 goreclops was murder for me because I also had 5 giant demon wolves spawn in as well. I had to lift stone out before I broke my controller.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
lightning works well on garms and you can always reset carrion eaters by leaving and reentering the area.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
So far in Bitterblack Isle, the thing I notice most I how quickly my level 89 pawns just get straight up murdered.

Lightning? Yeh when my sorcerer finally decides to cast high fulmination, wrecking begins in earnest, it's just waiting for them to cast it that's maddening. Maybe I need to set my pawns personality to something more effective?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
ng? Yeh when my sorcerer finally decides to cast high fulmination, wrecking begins in earnest, it's just waiting for them to cast it that's maddening. Maybe I need to set my pawns personality to something more effective?

Sorcerer is ass unless you have a party composition of 3 sorcs 1 fighter. Sorcerers are really underwhelming without Group Spellcasting but kick ass with it. Course, fighting Golems is annoying as fuck...

Just pick some other non-mage (shit) or non-sorc class and roll with a group of non-mages. Preferably, Be a MK or MA to have magic capabilities while the rest of your team is Strider/Ranger/Fighter/Warrior. You could go as a non-magic hybrid but not having any magic seems like a bad idea. I personally go MK (enchanting and owning) and my main pawn is Strider (ranged support). I then hire a fighter (for tanking) and a warrior (for large crowds). I then cast one of the enchant spells and everyone deals massive damage. I managed to kill the ogres in the Quarry at level 25 or so on Hard Mode. A MK with a hammer/mace will rip Golem discs apart.

If you go MA, have a group of a lot of melee characters to tank for you while you head-shot things. 1 Fighter 2 Warriors seems fun (Main pawn as warrior). The expansion buffed magick bows so they are much better now. If you get lucky, you can get a decent Magick Bow in the Soul Flayer Canyon early on.

If you really want to go Assassin or a non-magic hybrid, it's only then you should have a mage because enchanting your weapons with magic is important to get more damage and take advanatge of enemy weaknesses. For example, fighting lizardmen without ice damage takes significantly longer than with ice. Even then, mages are ass.

Oh, and if you have a "tank" pawn, make sure it's female. Great for distracting ogres.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
remember the area where you meet creepy dood for the first time with all the fluffy bunnies and deer? now it has a strong variant dragonkin with small adds like sirens and when it dies a fucking cursed dragon drops on your head.

DragoFireheart

remember the area where you meet creepy dood for the first time with all the fluffy bunnies and deer? now it has a strong variant dragonkin with small adds like sirens and when it dies a fucking cursed dragon drops on your head.

:thumbsup:

Xi

Arcane
I keep rerolling, for one reason or another. I think my understanding of the game has improved enough to meta game a little bit better (I enjoy this - naysayers, kindly fuck off). Currently focused on a Magic Knight (Tired of dipshit pawns running around like a chicken with it's head cut off). Going to try to build to be really tanky and beef up my party. I was able to get onto bitterblack isle at around level 25 and clear most of the first few quests, including baddies. I got stuck on a Giant skeleton (who I almost defeated - had him to literally 1 hit, when he one shotted my mage), and opted to try a different party build out. Not because I couldn't succeed. I would have eventually won. I wanted to explore game mechanics. Ahh the sweet smell of game mechanics!

Going to stick to my 7/10 rating. Interesting game, but not amazing by any means. Fun diversion. ;P

DragoFireheart

I keep rerolling, for one reason or another. I think my understanding of the game has improved enough to meta game a little bit better (I enjoy this - naysayers, kindly fuck off). Currently focused on a Magic Knight

:incline:

I still give it a 8/10 at least, if not 8.5 or more with the expansion.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
archhydra with a flock of sirens is fucking awesome when all your pawns are too damn stupid to focus on the sirens first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom