Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Hobo Elf

Arcane
But Dark Arisen isn't priced as a normal game. It's half the price.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Really? 40$ here in US land last I checked. But maybe I am just remembering wrong.

Mortmal

Arcane
A luck no one know about this game, if it was bethesda doing that for their dlcs, you ll read the outrage everywhere .

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Isn't it basically the same as the GotY edition releases, except at a discounted price since it has *less new content?

*probably doesn't actually have less content

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
That... or it's a hideous cashgrab fore those who already have it.
I hope I didn't screw this up, it came with 2 discs, an install disc and a game disc. I put the install disc in first and it installed the high def textures to the hard drive. There wa also an option for the Japanese language, but I disabled that.
sounds like the prime reason why it's rereleased instead of just being a patch/dlc whatever. plus there are some rather significant changes to the base game and pawn system, by the sound of it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
That new island is no joke if ou are less than 70 or in hard mod.

Clarify.

BTW, I did the Math for just the Rift Crystals if you own the original disk. Buying the 15,000 pack, that's $7. If you were to buy 100,000 (LOL?), it would be roughly $46. That also comes with the unlimited Ferrystone (joke) and the new Granys armor stuffs (probably also a joke).

So, the original disk isn't completely worthless. I heard you need Rift Crystals for the DLC to uncurse shit.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
how is the unlimited ferrystone a joke? i've spent like 3mio on those so far.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
yeah but you'll also use them more often since there is one more perma port and you find portable ones way earlier than before.

DragoFireheart

yeah but you'll also use them more often since there is one more perma port and you find portable ones way earlier than before.

Maybe.

Reviews seem fine so far for DA.

Kotaku wrote a review whining about it. Must be a good expansion if they didn't like.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
The ferrystones I've seen were still 20k at the Black Cat, and like ... some amount less for Farnival. Basically the same prices in DD the Original.

The first area on the new island was easy, nothing harder than a cyclops.

The second area I walked into a jail cell with a Skeleton Lord and 2 Skeleton Sorcerers (tougher versions of Skeleton Mages) on the other side of the bars. Individually, or even in different circumstances, this would not be a hard fight, but in the confined space my ranger with 3 caster pawns were getting batted around by the knight while the sorcerers rained AOEs down on us. We still lived, but im used to fighting drakes and not getting hurt.

Met my first mimic and I had to use a king varlish while I was in its mouth getting digested while Quick Timing to get out.

It's been very enjoyable so far.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
Also, this is a New Game+ for my character, which while NG+ is not harder, I have no killed Grigori the Dragon in this game. I think I will FIRST, because the story seems to imply that you have killed the dragon, but have not broken the eternal circle yet in the Everfall.

So I think I'm gonna go kill Grigori and the return to the Island.

deuxhero

Arcane
Hey Sony, would it kill you to list the uncompressed size of a game on the download page, or at least to tell me the install is hanging at 83% an hour because there is no room? I was going to replace my HDD as soon as I found a deal on one, but shit, how can you NOT have an error message for "insufficient space"?

Deleted a few game installs, trying again to DL and install AGAIN.

Mortmal

Arcane

Clarify.

BTW, I did the Math for just the Rift Crystals if you own the original disk. Buying the 15,000 pack, that's $7. If you were to buy 100,000 (LOL?), it would be roughly $46. That also comes with the unlimited Ferrystone (joke) and the new Granys armor stuffs (probably also a joke).

So, the original disk isn't completely worthless. I heard you need Rift Crystals for the DLC to uncurse shit.

Buying in game currency , a solo game to boot, with my real cash, is not and never will be a good deal in my opinion .

makes me remember that:
i-hBgLVxN-950x10000.jpg

DragoFireheart

Clarify.

Buying in game currency , a solo game to boot, with my real cash, is not and never will be a good deal in my opinion .

makes me remember that:
i-hBgLVxN-950x10000.jpg

Few things.

1. For someone that already bought the disk, that person didn't buy the disk with the intention of buying crystals for the unknown expansion.
2. I wasn't condoning buying crystals but was noting that Capcoms gesture towards people that bought the original is a nice one. Most companies don't do that.
3. You're a moron.

EDIT: Anyways, I took my level 40 Mystic Knight in (hard mode), got to some giant freaky giant covered in spikes, got one shotted, and decided to leeave.

You can upgrade weapons past dragonforged into SILVER and GOLD dragonforged with that creepy dude on the second floor area with all the deer. This costs Rift Crystals. To uncurse stuff, you also need rift crystals. Finally, you need rift crystals to repair Rift Stones.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Obviously, what Dragon's Dogma needs is a grey market for item trading, gold farming and character grinding. Then you wouldn't have to spend money at all, you just spend hundreds of hours doing shit work for rich American fatties and they'll buy your Rift Crystals for you. Problem = solved.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
heh, so i guess that preorder shitty badge collection dlc is going to be of some use after all, since it's 100k free rc each run and you can just get the badges out from storage in ng+ and autocomplete those quests.

deuxhero

Arcane
Obviously, what Dragon's Dogma needs is a grey market for item trading, gold farming and character grinding. Then you wouldn't have to spend money at all, you just spend hundreds of hours doing shit work for rich American fatties and they'll buy your Rift Crystals for you. Problem = solved.

Interestingly enough, the guy who got to #1 (and I think #2) on the "top pawn" list got there by trading rents (the SOLE metric a pawn's ranking is based on, not some combo of rents and score. Great going Capcom) got there by trading large amounts of duped items for a number of rents (It's free for you to rent), which he got by abusing PS+'s cloud saves (DD has messures against duping via restoring from USB media, but apparently these don't apply to cloud saves)

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Got my copy yesterday and played all night. It's been a long time since I've done that.

Kind of late to the party, but I'm finally here. Playing as a Strider, hoping to switch to the Magic Archer class, and I just got to the capital for the first time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom