Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If the Expansion turns out to be really good I might just bite the costs and buy it despite owning the original.

DragoFireheart

So yesterday I got curious and started randomly using the grab action on stuff. At one point in the Ancient Quarry, I picked up a rat and tossed it. My pawns (all females) suddenly thought they were dogs and ran after it, picked up the rat, and threw it back to me. Also, if you throw the rats around enough they'll eventually die. You can also mount those Cows outside the main city and pretend you're a cowboy.

Good fun.

deuxhero

Arcane
So yesterday I got curious and started randomly using the grab action on stuff. At one point in the Ancient Quarry, I picked up a rat and tossed it. My pawns (all females) suddenly thought they were dogs and ran after it, picked up the rat, and threw it back to me. Also, if you throw the rats around enough they'll eventually die. You can also mount those Cows outside the main city and pretend you're a cowboy.

Good fun.

Rat thing is new to me.

One thing that isn't obvious about the climbing system is that if the monster isn't actively trying throw you off, and you are on top of them, your stamina does not decrease.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I rolled up a new character in preparation for the new expansion. Going for the Magick Knight again, but this time after going through the Mage and Sorcerer path. Terrible things are going to happen with Ruinous Sigil and Great Cannon.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
I rolled up a new character in preparation for the new expansion. Going for the Magick Knight again, but this time after going through the Mage and Sorcerer path. Terrible things are going to happen with Ruinous Sigil and Great Cannon.
why not just play the old one? the new content will be lvl 70+ on normal anyways.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
why not just play the old one? the new content will be lvl 70+ on normal anyways.

Nah, I want a Magick Knight since it's my favorite vocation, and my previous char was a Mystic Archer. Iit's still gonna be a few weeks before the expansion comes out and I'm hankering for some Dragon's Dogma. I'll be well strong enough and decked out in the best items by the time it comes out.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Nah, I want a Magick Knight since it's my favorite vocation, and my previous char was a Mystic Archer.
did you level him way past 100 and have lots of those shitty magick archer defense gains for lvl 100+ or why can't you just switch to magick knight? you need to max all vocations anyways to have a proper augment selection...
also, magic knight is ezmode.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It's more fun to start again from level 1 and work yourself up from there. You only need lots of skills from other vocations, but certainly not max from all, for the online ur-dragon. Calling Magick Knight ezmode is kinda silly since the game is pretty easy no matter what vocation you are. Besides, everyone knows the assassin has the most OP augments.

DragoFireheart

Assassin for best augments, magick knight for E-Z mode.

Spam Ruinous Sigil and Great Cannon.

Oh, and LEVEL up as magick knight. Best level-up spread compared to to other classes.

DragoFireheart

DragoFireFucks Single Post Guide to into Mystic Knight For Dragon's Dogma!

Start your character as a Mage. No really, trust me.

Step 1: Get to Gran Soren.
Step 2: Talk to the Innkeeper dude and spend 1,500 dipshit points to become MYSTICAL!
Step 2a (Optional): Whore out your pawn.
Step 3: Level up Mystic Knight! (I WANT TO BE A KNIGHT!)
Step 4: Buy the skills Ruinous Sigil (no, not from PS:T) and GC-47 (Great Cannon).
Step 5: Find a very large enemy and stand infront of its crotch like it's going to skull fuck you (THIS PART IS IMPORTANT)
Step 5a (Recommended, but Optional): Have a pawn cast Fire/Holy Affinity on you (if it's final boss Dark Affinity)
Step 6: Cast Ruinous Sigil.
Step 7: Did the very large enemy fall over from having junk getting blown up? If no, go back to step 5. If yes, go to step 8.
Step 8: Cast 2-3 Great Magic Cannon next to his junk.
Step 9: Spam Ruinous Sigil and watch the fireworks.
Step 10: ???????????????????????????????
Step 11: Success!

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
or if that bores you combine any enchantment+abyssal anguish and you'll be dealing str+2*magic dmg with basic attacks that always hit multiple spots and shoot short ranged projectiles.
i mean, srsly, wtf were they thinking making this vocation?

DragoFireheart

or if that bores you combine any enchantment+abyssal anguish and you'll be dealing str+2*magic dmg with basic attacks that always hit multiple spots and shoot short ranged projectiles.

1. Abyssal anguish is really effective against those lizard guys for some reason. It multi-hits then an obscene amount of times.

2. Capcom probably wasn't thinking when they made the Mystic Knight. Then again, I hear the assassin is superior in terms of killing speed. But fuck that climbing, too much of a fatass to climb stuff. The ease of use for the Mystic Knight is silly.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Magic Archer is the real easy mode. Sacrifice is just way too fucking strong. One shot a bunch of bosses. Wish I had picked it up earlier. Plus, homing arrows are pretty nice for flying enemies and mobile little shits.

DragoFireheart

Magic Archer is the real easy mode. Sacrifice is just way too fucking strong. One shot a bunch of bosses. Wish I had picked it up earlier. Plus, homing arrows are pretty nice for flying enemies and mobile little shits.

Yeah, but killing off your pawn makes it inconvenient.

DragoFireheart

Yeah, and killing off your pawns makes it AWESOME.

Fixed for you.

Oh all right, you earned a brofist.

EDIT: The level up gains from Magic Archer are similar to Mystic Knight. Not a bad choice as your primary means of leveling. Oh, and Sacrifice is Dark Element. Good against final boss, bad against UR-Dragon.

EDIT: I have one gripe with the Magick Archer: Finding decent Magic Bows early on is a big pain.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Oh, and Sacrifice is Dark Element. Good against final boss, bad against UR-Dragon.
maker's finger against grigori instakills him on any difficulty without a fight and the ma has a slow traveling holy projectile dagger attack you can use on the ur-dragon if you don't have heavenly keys to spam hundred kisses with.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

This is how I played my first MK after going through the Fighter and Warrior path. I mostly ignored the big guns cause my magic stat was crap so the damage they did was on the poor side. On the other hand I wrecked shit hard with Abyssal Anguish.

Agreed. I found MA to be much easier than MK.

Hybrid vocations are ridiculously powerful because instead of balancing them into versatile mediocre men the devs made them into masters of the universe. They are fun as hell, though, so I don't care. MA and MK are my favorite vocations.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
it really isn't, unless you are completely clueless about how friggin overpowered great cannon is. you can eat through everything that isn't the ur-dragon in a few seconds if you set it up properly. it can spam so many homing shots that your framerate will slow to a bloody crawl and every of those shots does more dmg than an ma arrow.

A user named cat

I finally got around to grabbing this game since it was only around $18 on Amazon and wanted at least one decent RPG for PS3. It arrived brand new, I opened it and... there's no instruction manual? There was only a little warranty card. Might as well have been a fucking digital purchase, give me a break.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
it really isn't, unless you are completely clueless about how friggin overpowered great cannon is. you can eat through everything that isn't the ur-dragon in a few seconds if you set it up properly. it can spam so many homing shots that your framerate will slow to a bloody crawl and every of those shots does more dmg than an ma arrow.

But I did the exact same with a MA except it was a lot more effortless since I didn't have to cast a cannon on the ground and then position myself around it so that when I whack it the balls will fly into the right direction. Not that it's normally a problem except against harpies. When I'm talking MK vs MA I'm just thinking which one takes less effort to play since they are pretty much on the same level in terms of power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom