Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Seethe

Arbiter
Someone uploaded a video with the beastren character creator

God I don't like how they look at all. Because of the full human proportions especially in regards to the head, they look like those instagram thots that use cat filters over their faces. Why do japs hate making proper beast races? Just look at charr from Guild Wars 2 on how it should be done.

TikTok-cat-filter-video.jpg

MWaser

Arbiter
This is why it's always catpeople in these games. Cats have the flattest faces (from the popular animals) so they try to get away with the laziiest attempts at converting their models. I'm sure some tasteless losers are convinced that this is fine.

notpl

Arbiter
RGJ/USAT: So far, 10 vocations have been revealed. Are there more vacations than that?

Itsuno: So currently, we have 10 vocations announced and that’s as much as we currently have plans for at this point right now.
This is a very evasive answer, almost like a politician, no doubt he had it pre-planned
It neither confirms nor denies that there won't be more vocations, he's just reiterating "this is all we're going show so far"
Are you positing that the game will launch with more than 10 vocations or not? I need a rough headcount to prepare a sufficiently large guffaw upon release.

gaussgunner

Arcane
The problem with armor in the first game is it hardly matters. If you can beat the game wearing the best BBI armor that everyone always wears in the end, you can beat the game wearing underwear.

Shrimp

Arbiter
RGJ/USAT: So far, 10 vocations have been revealed. Are there more vacations than that?

Itsuno: So currently, we have 10 vocations announced and that’s as much as we currently have plans for at this point right now.
This is a very evasive answer, almost like a politician, no doubt he had it pre-planned
It neither confirms nor denies that there won't be more vocations, he's just reiterating "this is all we're going show so far"
Are you positing that the game will launch with more than 10 vocations or not? I need a rough headcount to prepare a sufficiently large guffaw upon release.
I sadly don't think there's any subtle meaning to be extracted from Itsuno's statement. The base game's going to launch with 10 vocations and if (IF) any other vocations will be added in the future it'll probably be as separately bought DLC or as a part of a larger expansion such as Dark Arisen

Yosharian

Arcane
This vocation thing is so fucking overblown, it's obvious that the colours/patterns thing is just about extra vocations that will arrive in future DLCs

Suicidal

Arcane
I don't mind there being 10 vocations but using the color scheme from DD1 and then not filling in all the colors is a strange decision. They could have just made trickster green-blue.

I'm finishing my mystic knight DD1 run and since my first playthrough was a warrior, I'll be trying either an archer -> MA or mystic spear in DD2 so it's not like I don't have choices.

Suicidal

Arcane
Is pure mage a good way to play? I never tried it in DDDA
It's boring and weak in the early game but becomes much more fun when you get non-shit spells (kinda like in D&D). Still, even when you get the good spells your gameplay will mostly consist of finding a safe spot to stand in and holding down the cast button for several seconds.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
It's boring and weak in the early game but becomes much more fun when you get non-shit spells (kinda like in D&D). Still, even when you get the good spells your gameplay will mostly consist of finding a safe spot to stand in and holding down the cast button for several seconds.
I'm hoping they add some more quick/active spells. The only ones really worth casting quickly were firewall or basic staff blasts. OTOH, finding somewhere safe to stand and charge up a huge spell does feel very thematic, and the damage the spells can do makes up for the long cast time.

Alternately, just play magic archer. It's basically pure mage anyways, just with quick spells. It had the drawback in the original game of having low magic stat growth despite scaling entirely off magick, but that sounds like it won't be an issue this time?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

I'm saying it doesn't make any sense and that answer is ambiguous

In the case that somehow DD2 development has again fell short, Itsuno is known for being able to wrap a project "as nicely as possible".
Are we really supposed to believe that there are no advanced vocations for all 4 base ones or that even they would keep a visual classification that implies the game is incomplete?

I can buy Capcom being Crapcom and selling more Vocations separately as DLC. But until the game is out, I am not buying this "there's only 10 Vocations and that's it"

Zariusz

Arbiter
So if i understood this correctly, according to this all men besides spawns of bestiality want some elven ass, naturally, and beastmen want that cat lady and other zoophile deviant content. It seems also that everyone agrees to ignore shortstacks.
Most woman of all races have thirst for furry dick, besides elves who want dwarven rod. Also bizzarly all women ignore elven lanklets besides beast ones which seems to hate even more human men.

So this that deepest lore...

Eisen

Learned
So if i understood this correctly, according to this all men besides spawns of bestiality want some elven ass, naturally, and beastmen want that cat lady and other zoophile deviant content. It seems also that everyone agrees to ignore shortstacks.
Most woman of all races have thirst for furry dick, besides elves who want dwarven rod. Also bizzarly all women ignore elven lanklets besides beast ones which seems to hate even more human men.

So this that deepest lore...
This is a parody of this:
download.png

Silverfish

Arbiter

Depends on your approach. If you're looking to kill shit and be even remotely efficient, look elsewhere. If you're down with a slower pace or just looking for a laugh, it's a lot of fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom