Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Spike I don't get how Battahl reminds you of Cimmeria when it looks more like Shem.

Yosharian

Arcane
Well when you think 60 FPS is good, of course 58 wouldn't bother you

30 FPS isn't even action gaming at that point, you're just engaging in a point and click adventure
This is your brain on 120 FPS memes. I've been playing Bloodborne and it's amazing how shitty 30 FPS looks at first when you are used to 60, it's equally amazing how after a couple hours the brain adjusts and it's perfectly playable. 60FPS is more than enough.
Yes perfectly fluid motion with GSync is just a 'meme', good one.

Spike

Educated

30 FPS isn't even action gaming at that point, you're just engaging in a point and click adventure
This is your brain on 120 FPS memes. I've been playing Bloodborne and it's amazing how shitty 30 FPS looks at first when you are used to 60, it's equally amazing how after a couple hours the brain adjusts and it's perfectly playable. 60FPS is more than enough.
Keep justifying that monstrous purchase to yourself.

Yosharian

Arcane

Keep justifying that monstrous purchase to yourself.
:kingcomrade:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
Yup. FPS isn't the problem, colour bleed combined with white-to-black time is the problem (I'm sure there are industry terms for this). This is purely a monitor hardware thing. ONE DAY I'LL GET MY WIDESCREEN CRT AND I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU, YOU'LL SEE! :lol:

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
shiet.jpg
That's actually a good bait
He starts by being "earnest" and "honest", then gradually moves on from being disingenuous and to outright bullshit
I like how he even incorporates the old "teach pawns cool tricks" - for reference this was a common meme myth found in DD threads on /v/ even before the DDDA pc port release - funny seeing newfags still falling for it
7/10

Sentinel

Arcane
That's actually a pretty good bait
He starts by being "earnest" and "honest", then gradually moves on from being disingenuous and to outright bullshit
I like how he even incorporates the old "teach pawns cool tricks" - for reference this was a common meme myth found in DD threads on /v/ even before the DDDA pc port release - funny seeing newfags still falling for it
8/10
Pawns do learn from your behaviour in the first game. It's more noticeable if you run the same class as the pawn, they'll start to imitate your ability usage and what you attack. You can teach them to use spring board for example, or to break crates or open chests for you (pretty useful in BBI to avoid traps - also hilarious to watch a worm eat them).

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Yeah, they learn how to beat enemies by seeing it done by someone else and their behavior also depends a lot upon their inclinations and equipped skills/augments.
2 also has this

But you can’t “teach pawns cool tricks” in the original, that was a bullshit a myth with no evidence

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Archer falls off a bit later on I've heard so that might be a good option.
Can confirm. I've been maining archer from the very start and I feel like the most useless member of my whole party. Kind of depressing to be honest. Her most powerful skill, heavenly shot, doesn't do all that much damage considering the wind-up time and fact that it drains your entire stamina bar. I'm kind of shocked at how useless she is. If I rolled with a two-person party I'd probably be fucked.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Saw an interesting comment regarding the game's difficulty (or rather lack of thereof)
Since the pawns wandering in the open world scale to your level but the type of monsters don't (ie first area will only have the weakest goblins and the regular cyclops/ogre/minotaur) once you enter NG+ and start going through the game again the wandering pawns will be strong enough to take on many of the random minibosses by their own. Allegedly you'll some times see NPCs fighting a cyclops or ogre only for it to be half dead once you make your way over to it.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Saw an interesting comment regarding the game's difficulty (or rather lack of thereof)
Since the pawns wandering in the open world scale to your level but the type of monsters don't (ie first area will only have the weakest goblins and the regular cyclops/ogre/minotaur) once you enter NG+ and start going through the game again the wandering pawns will be strong enough to take on many of the random minibosses by their own. Allegedly you'll some times see NPCs fighting a cyclops or ogre only for it to be half dead once you make your way over to it.
Enemies don't become stronger in ng+? That's a dumb oversight if true.

Beastren (in the story) are definitely an allegory for oppressed black people, which is hilarious because it usually comes off as insulting even though that probably wasn't Capcom's intention.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Enemies don't become stronger in ng+? That's a dumb oversight if true.
Same as the last game bruv, and this ain't dark souls for ng+ to really have any worthwhile impact.

Yosharian

Arcane
Pawns definitely learn from your behaviours but I'm not sure about teaching them 'cool tricks' as such, I've just seen stuff like Mages mounting enemies which is obviously behaviour copied from their masters

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I cannot believe that enemies don't scale up at all in NG+, is that true?

Gotta wait for the dlcs

NG+ Difficulty increase A
NG+ Difficulty increase B
NG+ Difficulty increase C
NG+ Difficulty increase D
NG+ Difficulty increase E

Remember to buy all five as a bundle deal for best savings and intended gaming experience! :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom